Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I would love to see more things like the Hatneo village or Gerudo city defense events, and the difficulty increases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Gotta grind construct drops all night, gonna need to upgrade Zoanaite armor for the mid-term!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The one thing I wish I'd saved is soldier and captain construct parts. Fusing them to Zonaite weapons gives you a bonus, so it's tempting but it sucks farming them later. But, you can get the same bonus by fusing Zonaite weapons to Zonaite weapons.

Lizaflos tails are kinda rare, so ignore the tip about using them for weapons.

You can get sapphires and rubies easily by killing Wizrobes with a piece of fruit and defusing their weapons using the guy in Tarrey town.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It'd be nice if you could use higher-tier monster parts as substitutes for lower ones since they appear less and less as you progress.

Amber Earrings and/or Soldier Armor kinda turns on the easy switch. Just tank all hits and turn every hearty radish and truffle into a full-recovery+temp hearts meal.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I can't wait to face the alien final boss, Overlord nonaG.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Make them all teenagers though. And set it in school. King Rhoam can be the principal.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Finally maxed out my energy wells. You can use excess crystallized charges to purchase zonai capsules

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Cheesus posted:

I found hover stones to be the magic ingredient for that problem.

Yeah lynels will ignore my orbital weapons platform, and I only need to lift it off the ground with ultrahand to get it high enough.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

what's the master shield?

Nothin', what's the master with you? :downsrim:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

I always kept a boomerang around with a lizfalos tail on it because while it is almost useless as a weapon, it is very very funny. Most of my shenanigans at end game were construction related

Boomerangs have a lot of fun combos. Elemental stuff for a nice area of effect, or a beam emitter for a fun light show.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Beating things that give you crystallized charges as a reward is faster than mining, at least after a certain point.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I had the Rito safe helmet on and it loving clips through the sword, so that kinda undercut the moment.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Poque posted:

A Call From The Depths

It's set on the grand plateau but I forget exactly what kicks it off

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I can't believe I made it 100 hours into the game before realizing that the UI compass map changes to reflect whatever map you last looked at on the Purah Pad. This makes exploring the depths considerably less of a slog because it's a little easier to see what isn't scalable or if there's an easier passage since the depths mirror the surface. You of course have to have the surface map unlocked too.

Yeah, super useful. At a certain point it becomes almost necessary to figure out how to access some of the areas.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

The IQ distribution in Hyrule isn't standard with a few individuals capable of understanding ancient technology almost effortlessly and on the other end many people trying to eat monster guts and pinecones.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

My main goal was to upgrade the pad because of how useful it can be. Everything else was done as a means of unlocking the pad.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

codo27 posted:

I like having the lay of the land, I'm not all that deep in the story but I have basically the east half of the map exposed, sometimes at my own peril. I did reach the northern lab and get the ancient equipment so I was able to go back to the central tower and defeat the few surrounding guardians and reach the top. .

Racked up like 16 korok seeds, also no idea what they do. .

You have ancient gear but haven't done anything with korok seeds yet? That's definitely a unique way to do it.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

codo27 posted:

Went back and hosed up the lightning minotaur guy, and in subsequent adventuring found two more. Still annoyed at my damage output, meanwhile I've killed hinoxes with a single 2H whirlwind attack before they could even stand up. It feels a bit defeating, so easily being able to snipe guardians now with one hit but being such a grind to get more arrows, which I'm only going to use to extend the cycle. Found and conquered two labyrinths as well.

Looks like I'm going to have to stock up on some variant of elixir in order to conquer the next divine beast. I nearly have the full ancient set, still missing the climbing gear boots and likewise for the barbarian set but I dunno if I'll wind up using that much.

You might have an easier time farming ancient weapons from the shrines. Guardians aren't so bad if you can get the drop on them and just press the attack.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I like fusing those gint metal boxes or spheres to it.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

It takes some practice to get used to devices. A lot of people go all in and build battle mechs and whatnot meanwhile I'm still flying my fan plane into walls. I did one of those sky island shrine stone quests today and I was flying the orb to the next island except I flew too high and jumped off and watched my plane with the stone on it fly off into the horizon. Good thing it just teleporte back to the starting point. Do koroks do the same? So far I've only let one or two fly off into oblivion and I haven't bothered to check if they come back. Too many to keep track of. Spend five minutes building a rocket plane, attach the Korok, and then forget to get on the thing before I launch it...

More than once I've sent off a minecart before I was on and tried to chase it down.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Veg posted:

This is dope.

I made too many stupid statues of Bokoblins, is there a way to get rid of these and make room for others?

You do get the ability to remove them eventually.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

If you try to make an 11th statue he says there's a limit of ten and you'll need to break one down. This unlocks the ability.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Farming raw gourmet meat and cooking 5 into a skewer is pretty lucrative.

Also you can make some quick cash selling clothing you don't want.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

codo27 posted:

I've found cash to be pretty rare so far. And I hate killing animals unless they attack me so I never have a ton of meat. Do you ever get a bug net to make catching dragonflies and fairies easier?

One of the sources for gourmet meat is the bears in the cold weather northwest part of the map. They'll attack you.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I like the gleeok cloth.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

That makes me wonder... Why is it only Link and the Yiga clan that have zonai devices, besides that one rail platform at Tarry town?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Speaking of poorly designed, what the hell was going on with the construct factory? What kind of assembly line is that? Yes this part of the factory will use a conveyor belt which is just upside down motorcycle wheels, this other part will just launch the parts at you with gliders, this part of factory is filled with lava for some reason...it was like drunk orks built it.

Drunk rabbit people built it.

Or it was some big make-work project so much so that they had to split up the manufacturing of individual pieces even though they're symmetrical.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Link shouldn't be using ultrahand for anything meant to last though. A bridge built with ultrahand will quickly collapse. Airplanes will just fall apart mid-air as if they were engineered by Boeing.

I replaced the Rito bridge with some ultrahanded trees, lousy flying penguins didn't even bother to try it.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

TotK does put one fhrough a whole gamut of emotions.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Those Koroks need to be automatically marked when you speak to them or something. You try to help one, but then you accidentally send off the rocket sled early, so you decide to leave and come back once it resets, but you know you won't.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

maltesh posted:

It's easier with the caves than it was with the wells for two reasons:

1) There's an in-game way to show you where all the cave entrances are.

Offer any fruit to the statues underneath the cherry blossom trees, and the cave entrances for that area will illuminate for 24 hours, I believe. Outskirt Stable has a map that shows you where all the cherry blossom trees are

I had no idea that was what did that, :ms:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It usually starts out fun but then I get frustrated because I missed something that prevents me from getting the last one

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

:lol: LEQSH is my new favorite term for those characters

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Probably neglected his duties and focused too much on hiding eggs every April

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Augus posted:

what do you mean "even 2D ones"

Yeah the 2D ones are probably the best ones.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

poo poo , I never new it unlocked that much. I guess it's a good excuse to start a new playthrough.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Doesn't it show where you found korok seeds on your map? You could compare that to a completed map.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Link gets no respect despite saving the kingdoms and being the one person who spends money.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Coxswain Balls posted:

It's still hosed up to me that potatoes don't exist in Hyrule. I don't buy this crap about it being a new world foodstuff either, they have tomatoes!

Since LoZ is at least partially influenced by Celtic folklore maybe they deliberately left out potatoes in order to reinforce the severity of the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I wonder if we're gonna get DLC for the ultradepths that mirror the sky islands