Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I'm going to play the new Zelda game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Stuff like this reminds me of "relax BotW will have more story and cutscenes lmao they didn't show everything'' and then the game came out and welp "It's not about the story/cutscenes look you can get killed holding metal in a storm who wants story lol"

People in this thread are being very weird about what amounts to mild concerns lol. I don't think anyone has talked about the franchise being dead or whatever, and 'just play the old games' is such a poo poo write off in almost any situation. Like my brother in christ what do you think people have been doing. Why do you think remakes sell or people want Wind Waker HD or Majora's Mask or whatever old games still. Why is it bad to hope the franchise at least includes *some* of the older stuff instead of just being a big ol empty sandbox again.

I have the drat game preordered and it's not like I want TotK to fail, I'm just concerned with how much they haven't shown and how some of the trailers are basically just the same thing over and over again. When Xenoblade 2 and 3 got announced in random nintendo directs they had like, 20 minutes of cutscene and gameplay. What was shown yesterday felt like one of those snippets but even shorter.

E: I do wonder on topic of the game if there's a sound cue for stuff falling as I don't really pan the camera up unless given a reason so I'd be worried of random moon tear rocks just bonking me on the head or me just outright missing them. Maybe I just didn't notice but did the rock sparkle or anything when Link got to it to like, highlight that was the right thing?

Maybe the game will have 3 cutscenes

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Well since they showed the whole game in the few trailers and the extremely small amount of cutscenes I will not be buying this game. More like Failda: Tears of the Exact Same Game.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

How many cutscenes did Skyrim have?

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've never even played Skyrim :chord:

You ain't missing much

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

God this is some really good analysis of the gameplay about how Recall is the power that sticks out as different from the rest, and how its icon and similar ones on the special edition OLED Switch and on the pins that come with the collectors edition of the game might hint at Link's other powers in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-KzZSDuAWk

Yeah that's great and all but they showed the whole game in that gameplay demo and 2 trailers so not sure why this person is even bothering to make these videos.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Zelda is Links new arm like that bionic commando game on Xbox 360

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

zero confirmation of the number of cutscenes. all is lost

Fails of the kingdom. Nintendo is doomed

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

All the playable Zelda moments will be her slowly walking and talking with the occasional squeeze between 2 walls to get into a new area.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Augus posted:

lol people have been whining about it for months, do you live in a cave

The 2 cutscene thing will always be funny

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I don't know what a Matt Mercer is but the bit you hear in the trailer of ganondorf seemed good.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I agree with Nintendo, being a YouTuber should be illegal.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

This game is only a 3/10 because I still have to walk north to death mountain instead of south or something.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Alucard posted:

Ok I have a dumb question that's probably been answered a ton but I'm so out of the loop that I'll just ask it - did Tuesday releases disappear with the pandemic or is this so important Nintendo decided to say gently caress it to normal schedules?

Pretty sure Tuesday releases haven’t been a thing even before the pandemic.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Games dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Barreft posted:

Don't try. Their gimmick is asking about a game and then refusing all advice and just saying they're going to play Genshin.

Real sicko behavior