Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can't wait tto attach five spears end to end.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There are changes. The sheikah towers and shrines are gone from what I've seen from Zeltik analysis videos. And there are also glyphs drawn on the ground. There are also places that were either plunged into darkness or full of blight in BOTW that seem to be cleared up in TotK.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The things in this video were definitely babby's frist zonai constructs. The things we saw in the last trailer seemed more advanced, and that crystal is definitely some sort of power source for longterm use.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Shiroc posted:

One of the Sky Islands better be Literally Skyloft.

With Groose's skeleton.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Shiroc posted:

Will Link have to detonate a nuke in the underground cave system to stop the monsters from coming out?

Link will have to seduce Gannondorf. Do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Remember when they cancelled the UK stream of the tire reveal because the Queen kicked the bucket a few days prior? lmao

They delayed the global announcement because she died.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just canceled my preorder, because I can't believe they are releasing the game in this state. I was watching the 10 minutes of gameplay, and apparently this game is so broken that it just randomly jumps to different parts of the game randomly? Like he's bashing those things with a stick rock and then suddenly the game glitches and then he's building a raft? That's unacceptable.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I found the start of master mode to just be too frustrating. I'm using two sticks on a bokoblin and getting one stick in return. I just gave up.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Why is this $70 wtf nintendo

$35 per cutscene.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My uncle said that you can only unlock the third cutscene if you play the game on the Zelda edition OLED switch with the Zelda edition pro controller, and then you recite the magic phrase from the original Japanese version of the collectors edition art book.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Lunatic Sledge posted:

no Zelda amiibos required? I'm calling bullshit

You don't need them for that because you already have to scan every Zelda amiibo just to start the game. And if your wolf link amiibo doesn't have 20 hearts, the game deletes your save file when you go to start the final boss battle to defeat Calamity Tingle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Kassad posted:

Nah but Beedle's always around the stables, you buy arrows from him.

Yeah, but he quickly runs out of arrows and you have to wait for a blood moon to get more. At least, that's my experience. I wanted to stock up on arrows and shops and beedle seemed to only carry a few at a time and took forever to restock. How I made money was from doing that deer hunting challenge in Hateno or Kakariko or whatever town it is in. Using the free knight bow that spawns at one of the stables every blood moon and being economical with arrows, you can make decent money from both the reward from the challenge as well as the meat you collect. And you can do it as many times as you want.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 2, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

Is the heroes path feature coming back? Such a brilliant feature im surprised other games don’t do. Works so well in a game that has excellent exploration.

It's actually the zero's path now. It show's you someone else's path through the game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

He's a bubble boy!!

It's moops!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The other trick against Lynel attacks is getting good enough at shield parrying.

I’m not that good at it.

I tricked myself by thinking I had finally figured out shield parries in Hyrule Warriors. Turns out the window is a lot larger than the one in BotW.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
When BotW came out I was restarting college. Now I'm finally finishing college. Took me way too long, but fuckin way she goes I guess.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Can't you check them off on the online map? Go through those, make sure it's on your in-game map.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is it ok if I offer someone lower rent if they will get me TotK?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

zeldas first dialogue makes a lot of sense if its in the past. she lands in the past, doesnt know wtf is going on, guy is like 'hey our last line of defense is gonna be link' and she realizes link exists in this time too

Oh poo poo, what if we get to play as two links.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

there will be a day 1 update that is 13.8gb large and it will be entirely dedicated to rehydrated ganondorf's new model

The game runs at 20fps because it is always rendering the Dorf.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
At 1:40, when Link is riding that disc with the blue light, it sounds like it's saying "the future". I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so maybe I just have a brain tumor or something.

Also, it would be really cool if the game is split into playing in two timelines. One back in the Zonai times and one in the modern time post BotW.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Caves are cool because you go down tunnels and don't know what's going to be in the tunnels. The sky is cool too, but you can see where you're going.

Not if there's clouds, dumdum.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

She's royalty, maybe never learned the rules of search n rescue and just wandered off after sending her prayer or whatever.

"Find me, Link"
*Immediately travels back in time*

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

fusing a cucco should work the other way around and now a furious swarm of shield-cuccos attacks link

It should be based on whoever's weapon is moving fastest. If link fuses to a shield and holds it still, the enemy's weapon will be the one attacking and the cucco aggro attaches to the enemy. But if link shield bashes someone, the cucco aggro attaches to link.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That temple was frustrating as hell.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
After several years, I finally beat Minish Cap. I guess I can play through it again on Switch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

This is disgusting. I play these games with love and a marriage partner in mind. Get your head out of the gutter.

I hope she says yes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

Does it count if the horse injured itself? I swear sometimes I'd bring it somewhere and it'd just intentionally jump off a bridge while I was trying to get a korok archery challenge done or whatever.

I was collecting koroks the other night. Once my horse got surrounded by stal moblins and refused to back up or turn or do anything to get away. Then it refused to get away from a fire keese and caught on fire and died. I should have left it dead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SirPablo posted:

My first blood moon happened when I was 17. It was a warm summer. I worked at the community pool. It was an easy and fun job. Got to flirt with the girls. Life was good. Then in late August, some kids from the town started to disappear. And red balloons would often be seen mysteriously floating across the sky. The adults tried to figure out what was going on, but we never did get the full story of that warm summer. The summer the moon ran red with blood.

"My son drowned, why didn't you do anything?"
"The weird guy by the food truck said there's going to be a blood moon, so your son should respawn during that."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I want to play more BotW, but I'm afraid I'm going to Hitman 2 myself and be burned out on the game by the time I get to TotK. Also, someone mentioned earlier I think that these games are bad for ADHD, and I think that's my problem too. Every time I load up the game, I get choice paralysis. I just started doing korok seeds because that's a straightforward path I can take using the map to find where they are and then figure out the puzzle when I get there. It lets me go from task to task without having to make decisions.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'd be cool with another go-round with this Hyrule map if they flesh it out more. Fix up Hyrule castle and give us a nice castle town. Rebuild Lon Lon Ranch. Or hell, turn Lookout Landing into a real town too.

With the depths they just built, they could have the surface world just be normal for everyone. No existential threat for people on the surface, they just get to live their regular lives. People are always asking for a post-ganon world to run around in, so give it to us. A normal surface world where people are building lives and getting back to normal after 100 years. You keep the bokoblins and moblins and whatnot, but maybe they are normal and aren't as aggressive. With the little camps they make, they seem to me like they should be somewhat intelligent, but definitely primitive. Maybe they can have their own little mini territories where you can go in there, but they will get aggressive with outsiders. Otherwise you can steer clear and they will leave you alone.

Then in the depths, you can have people start building up settlements or mining camps to get the zonaite. They've got elevators and whatnot to get down the chasms. But oh no, some sort of ancient evil got unleashed, or the twilight realm, or zant or whatever is happening. So all the monsters down there are still aggressive and then it turns out the miners dug down into the depths and found temples/dungeons down there.

Mostly, I just want the people of Hyrule to catch a break for once. Also, they start using the zonai devices to do cool poo poo.

Or hell, do the picori thing. Let us shrink down and visit picori villages. Or give us some Deku Scrubs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I did plenty of sequence breaking if all the "Quest name" "Quest name Completed" things I got.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Zelda is currently arrested and being held in a secret prison and the "Zelda" going around is a deep state body double.

She had her time as princesss and what did we get? A hunnert years a calamity. If ya ask me, we oughta lock her up, I tell ya what. We're gonna build a lid over all them there chasms and the bokoblins is gon pay for em.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's from Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Link is a genetic freak and he's not normal!

The bokoblim knows he doesn't have a chance to beat link, so he's not even going to try.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Tall Tale Teller posted:

If Koltin isn't going to tell me where those loving frogs are then he can go find the last few himself.

But he does, doesn't he? I know the cherry blossom trees will show you caves you've already been to, but does Koltin tell you about caves you've already killed the frogs in?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's not so bad if you just pretend that the temples themselves are like the final room of a traditional temple, and then include the quests that lead up to the temples.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

My original plan was to stick them all together into one long megalog, and see if I could deliver them while technically not traveling back to the village. Sadly I ran out of choppy weapons partway through and never did find out whether it would work :iiam:

You still have to talk to him, I think.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I did it a bit ago, but I think it's one of those things where you bring the object he wants and he gets the speech bubble saying he's ready to talk to you about the quest, and then you have to talk to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah you can just make a new switch profile and play on that.