Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

pasting my post from the CD thread on JW4 here:

pantslesswithwolves posted:

As this is my first time reading a JW thread on these Something Awful forums, I’m sure I am the first goon to appreciate how Charon’s role as the Concierge is analogous to the eponymous character in Greek mythology acting as the boatman between the living and the dead.

loving loved the movie. Every set piece action sequence was awesome, the casting was perfect, and the soundtrack was banging. If I had any complaints, it would be that it felt like it ran long, but asking me what I would cut out is like asking me which limb I’d rather have amputated. Also it felt kind of video game-y at times (you took the boss’s health down, but now he buffed himself with his inhaler and you have to chase him to the next location!) but they were still fun as hell to watch.

I also kind of feel like Wick’s death was anticlimactic and therefore I have a hard time believing he’s actually dead, but if they were to end Reeves’ role in the franchise here, I could be ok with that.

Few more thoughts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQEoevHhhbU This track is the one that plays during the Berlin night club scene with Killa, and is now up there with "Brothers in Arms" from the Fury Road OST in terms of "amp the gently caress out of myself before a workout" music. This is gonna be a Day 1 EP buy for me.

Regarding whether Wick survived or not- I noticed that the places he was shot (upper arm, collarbone graze, and lower left abdomen) are exactly the areas where the Doctor who helped him in JW3 asked to be shot to make it look like Wick forced him to treat his wounds. If the filmmakers and Reeves want Wick to be dead-dead, I'm cool with that, but bringing him back for a 5th would now be more plausible.

loving rad movie. Can't wait to see it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The first thing I wanted to do while watching the never-ending stair fight scene was go home and watch this

https://youtu.be/FgrDAelryUo