Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Clan Creator is fun but it's missing red panda costumes for your workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I never felt driven to go back to Clan Creator, so I didn't touch it after this introduction. Sorry, Majima, it turned out Foreman Kiryu really didn't want to make this his problem too! But as long as Dan's having fun with it, I'd be down with watching. I didn't meaningfully understand mahjong or blitzball either in earlier LPs but hey, Dan was enjoying and that makes him say the funny things.

Then again, suffering also makes him say the funny things.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 16 - The Dark Price

Look we can figure out what Kazuki is up to later, some guy has to take a poo poo

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Oh god, I think that crack at 26:23 might be the actual meaning of Essence of Butt Breaking. That one made me wince a little.

And hey, they finally got over their hangup about a woman throwing punches.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

And hey, they finally got over their hangup about a woman throwing punches.

If the Dan and Grace train rolls into Yakuza 3 and especially 4 then we'll see how long it lasts for.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
By the way, the villains of the Majima Construction storyline (the guys in the really long cutscene) are all famous Japanese wrestlers; I know in one of the later games they had the top guys (at the time) from New Japan Pro Wrestling make cameos as well, though I don't know how involved they were in minigames.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 17 - Kazukis

This game has some uh, wacky plot threads

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Never gonna get tired of the idea of Kiryu pausing in the middle of invading a building to pull out a full plate of spaghetti and meat sauce. Time out for spaghetti dinner!!!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I'm seein' double! Four Kazukis!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 18 - A Hard 21

It's not so much a surgical suite as it is a walk in closet

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I really like the expressiveness in Kiryu's model. He had a great tired/sad/disappointed look at the bartender's attack.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 19 - Grey To Grey

Oh hey! It's that one really forgettable mini boss!

Also it wasn't Mogusa, Pochitaro's friend, it was the guy from the opening who helped bomb the tower :cripes: I'm great at recognizing people

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Congratulations on a successful editing job with that commercial break.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Oh, please, Dan, as if you weren't loving every second spent hanging out with Japanese Betty White.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I know in my heart you sat there chanting FART FART poo poo during Grace's entire phone call.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 20 - The Majima Boss Fight Pit

Ah, memories :unsmith:

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I think in 0 they said Kazama was in jail on some bullshit gambling ring charge? And he was set up by one of the Dojima lieutenants (I can't remember if it was Kuze or Shibusawa).

The dragon engine seems to make it easier to deal with multiple enemies (if you're not stuck in the cornder) -- it looks like hits will connect with multiple people, and of course they'll all go flying in different directions.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I think in 0 they said Kazama was in jail on some bullshit gambling ring charge? And he was set up by one of the Dojima lieutenants (I can't remember if it was Kuze or Shibusawa).

Yeah this is correct, one of his gambling houses got busted by the cops and he was jailed for like a year or two, enough time to get him out the way for 0's plot to happen in any case.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 21 - There's A Gang War

Kaoru gets to see first hand that no, Kiryu can't say no to anyone

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 22 - It's Not Looking Good

Yuya gets a chance to shine! :unsmith: also EVERYONE IS DEAD OH GOD

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I love that you can just run so hard desks explode. Kiryu is like the apotheosis of the old simpsons gag with the Japanese paper doors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5zYg4LG6s

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Kiryu, have you considered that maybe the Tojo aren't worth saving at this point... and instead you should focus your attention on taking the Omi apart piece by piece.

Probably by somehow becoming their next chairman for five minutes and putting a random rear end in a top hat in charge.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Kiryu is too caught up in the romantic ideal of yakuza to see it for what it is, an organization that deals and profits from misery & exploitation, including but not limited to human trafficking, prostitution, gambling, drugs, smuggling, and extortion. Which inevitably draws utter scum like Shindo in, who have no truck with those romanticized ideals.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

It's fair to say that Kiryu was like that at one point, but he's not really blind to that stuff now. His moral standards are actually pretty hosed, but they're there. He opens Yakuza 0 doing debt-collection for a loan shark, and in subsequent games is still occasionally doing that in side quests. He's cool with the smuggling, gambling, and lots of sex work. Protection rackets are just A Thing That Happens. So he accepts a lot of vice, and doesn't seem to have a problem with the "services" they provide as well. But you've got to hold up your end of the deal, and you take the consequences when they come. That's the culture and attitude he wants to promote in the Tojo given how he thought Terada would lead as Kazama's buddy, and how he clearly hopes Daigo will lead - if there's going to be crime, it may as well be organized.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 23 - Not Really A Kiryu Thing To Do

This might be the first time Kiryu actually shows off Komaki's sword training since I don't usually like using weapons. Whoops! :v:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Set to Unlisted, FYI

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

disposablewords posted:

Probably by somehow becoming their next chairman for five minutes and putting a random rear end in a top hat in charge.

Was this all part of Kazuma's 3D chess plan too I wonder?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Akratic Method posted:

Set to Unlisted, FYI

Whoops forgot to actually hit save, fixed

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 24 - Tiger Drop Returns

Alright Komaki let's do this

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
You did start that Bouncer quest and talked to the bartender at Debolah before. Even started the first job but failed it.

Also, Osaka is in the Kansai-region. (Tokyo is in Kanto.)

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 30, 2023

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The entire Tojo Clan might be down to like 5 people but they can still take on the entire Omi Alliance, I'm sure of it.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
One man with a thermonuclear scowl and his weird lunatic kinda-sorta-boyfriend versus an entire army of yakuza. You'd be surprised to learn what happens next!

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Yeah, when two of those people are Kiryu and Majima, who both have histories of just running through enemy strongholds feeding everyone their own kneecaps, my bet's still on the Tojo.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 25 - Nice Panopticon Bitch

I don't really think we have time for this but it was fun to make both Takashi and the Florist upset

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I forgot, did the Florist actually give a reason why he left his son? Cause as much as Takashi is a dumb little poo poo, it doesn't really justify being a deadbeat dad.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Apparently just ditched his family when he went underground because he was a wanted man.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 26 - You Sure About This?

I would love to have fewer guns pointed at me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 27 - The River Is So Hungry

Yeah so uh sorry for any fights near the river because this is the rest of the game

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I would, in fact, have called you a weenis if you didn't take every opportunity to feed someone to the river.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Made my goddamn morning watching that fat guy saunter slowly toward you on the bridge to be immediately fed to the hungry river.