Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It feels like everyone was in that building 26 years ago honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
That description did not lie, that was some whirlwind ruse-cruising. Shame about Ryuji, he may have been a colossal rear end in a top hat, but a straight shooting, honest rear end in a top hat at that, unlike the scheming backstabbers in what remained of the Omi.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
That sure was an ending...not sure why Kiryu and Kaoru suddenly thought Haruka would be ok watching them decide to die making out but I guess everything turned out alright in the end?

And on a better note, now it's Majima time!

Edit: I think the saddest thing though is that Ryuji and Kaoru never got time to be siblings; he seemed genuinely happy to have a little sister.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Majima saga vids and Yakuza 3 are coming soon, sorry I got distracted by Tears of the Kingdom and also work

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 45 - Majima Without The Hat

Mad Dog style is so goddamn fun

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Oh, Majima :allears:. New guy really doesn't have a read on the situation if he thinks he can frame Majima for sneakily killing that guy when everything about Majima screams that if he'd wanted someone dead, he'd kill them right there, right then, in front of everyone without a care in the world.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Yeah seriously he could have at least killed Uematsu by stabbing or with a baseball bat or something so it was at least on brand.

Man it must suck to be Kashiwagi when your main ally against the newbies is Goro 'I do what I want' Majima. He probably just wanted to hand the family over and retire but then Nishiki backstabbed the family and died and Kiryu hosed off to whereever.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Well, this helps put some perspective on why Majima has basically just hosed off from the Tojo Clan in the main game. Though I'll be a little disappointed if this doesn't end with him flipping that whole clan meeting room the double birds while yelling, "gently caress y'all, I'm out!"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 46 - Praying For The People In Sotenbori

Majima can't throw, so the river will remain hungry :(

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
They really went there didn't they, drat.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 47 - The Same Three Men

Alright Majima calling Terada a dipshit for his hiring policy makes a lot more sense now, drat

Danaru fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 2, 2023

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Link's broken :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Lol I accidentally pasted the episode's title where the url was supposed to go

I am so tired

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Officially started this. The Dragon engine is just as great in Yakuza 6's iteration. Although the flying dropkick isn't as OP in Kiwami 2

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

"We build poo poo!" is an absolutely sublime slogan.

Vertigo Ambrosia fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 2, 2023

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

"When you use force to get your way, you are a dinosaur fighting fate. When I do it, it means I am super clever and canny!"

gently caress off, Ibuchi, I'm glad you're dead.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The world would be a lot better place if everyone could go all Majima on scumfucker consultant's asses. Speaking of which, turns out he's just a big softie after all.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 48 - Love Is Over

HOSTESS GACHA

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 5, 2023

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Was there an episode 48 that got skipped in posting or did a number get accidentally skipped?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ahh piss I numbered it wrong, I'm already in bed so I'll fix it tomorrow, nothing for skipped at least

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Are there no substories in Majima's chapters? Really seems like they could have done a bit more with him.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Sadly no, there's a bunch of those street boss fights and you can buy stuff for Kiryu to sell, but that's about it. It's sad because they clearly put a lot of love into Mad Dog style but at the same time they already added a ton of other content as well, so Im glad we got Majima's style at all.

Next episode is a bit delayed because I drunkenly overshare for like a really long uncomfortable time because I was too drunk to formulate my thought coherently and I want to remove that and haven't had time to edit recently :froggonk: It's also the last episode until we can record again because we wasted a few sessions on a failed Amanda the Adventurer LP (fun game! Was a good LP and then the last episode didnt record. :cripes:) A failed Inscryption LP (I sorta... Played too well meaning it took three episodes to get out of the tutorial and see any actual plot, so the LP was turning out boring as gently caress), and a not-failed recording session of Etrian Odyssey because I really like that game and dog I straight up cannot control my hyperfixations and I have no impulse control. If I ever have less than three active projects I will die.

Hey speaking of which if any of you dorks want to be a character in the collection farming crew for the Etrian Odyssey LP we already recorded a session of, we need a Survivalist, a Dark Hunter, a Protector, an Alchemist, and a Medic, so let me know if you got a preferred portrait and also understand that your character will be subjected to the kind of bits we come up with. Names have a nine letter character limit. (Yes this too is an example of my complete lack of impulse control)

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Danaru posted:

Hey speaking of which if any of you dorks want to be a character in the collection farming crew for the Etrian Odyssey LP we already recorded a session of, we need a Survivalist, a Dark Hunter, a Protector, an Alchemist, and a Medic, so let me know if you got a preferred portrait and also understand that your character will be subjected to the kind of bits we come up with. Names have a nine letter character limit. (Yes this too is an example of my complete lack of impulse control)

Making the casting call in here? Neat. I guess with the character limit it'd have to be Disposabl or something similar, but I would be happy as the sacrificial lamb Protector. I am ostensibly a dude but I do not give an actual drat about portraiture. (If you want a regular person name, I just recently finished a D&D campaign where I was a bodyguard-y fighter named Elwin.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah we were going to wait until the thread went up to recruit the gathering team but then I looked up what people are saying about the game and got intimidated so now I feel like I have to do some prep work for the next recording :ohdear:

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Ooh, sounds fun. I'd be game for being the Medic or Alchemist. I guess name could be either PdT or just Pomme, no preference for portrait stuff

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Been playing through Kiwami 2 on my own time. Just wanted to point out that the Clan Creator they had between the two Dragon Engine Games (This and 6) apparently share characters. Even though Yakuza 6 was the one hyped up about a bunch of wrestlers being modeled and in it, in this those same wrestlers appear first in the Colliseum and then you can recruit them into Majima Construction.

Didn't know if this was already mentioned, but drunkenly think it's somethin interesting.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Danaru posted:

Hell yeah, give me whatever portrait and make Akrasia the dark hunter.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 49 - That's Our Yuki!

I couldn't find or remember what I wanted to edit out, but also I got bored and stopped listening so if I say anything embarassing, pretend I didn't

I don't particularly like either of Midna's designs but I think she should have kept the ratio when she got her human form okay bye

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Being liked by people, so embarassing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 50 - A Little Vegeta Up There

I know a thing or two about job interviews

-Don't fight the interviewer
-uhhhhh

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I'm a bit behind, and just seeing the hostess episode: what the gently caress is up with this chick's face?

She looks like randomly generated or something -- by far the most inhuman face model in the game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 51 - The Normal Amount

Something about hostess clubs makes us go insane

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 52 - What A Face!

The hard hat shows I clearly know what I'm talking about with regards to movie criticism

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I like to think that there is a perfectly normal way to lower the desk but Majima doesn't know about it; he only discovered the monitor room when one day he hit his head on the desk (or smashed someone else's head on it) and it started going down, and since it works, he just does that. That's why he's always wearing the hard hat. Who knows how many secret rooms can be found by knocking your head against things?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 53 - He's Actually Saying It

You should see some of the character bits we do while playing Tears of the Kingdom. We literally do this character bit bullshit even off camera it just comes naturally

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 54 - A Cici Smush

Hey I finally figure out triangle heals people as well as level them up :cripes: No wonder I was having so much trouble

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 55 - I Think We're Okay

Cabaret stuff is WAY more of a money maker than in 0, or at least there's no real estate game to overshadow it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 56 - Kana, Down

:geno:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 55 - I Think We're Okay

Cabaret stuff is WAY more of a money maker than in 0, or at least there's no real estate game to overshadow it

I don't think it makes more money than in 0, but rather that you have less money to spend the money on in 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 57 - We Can Look Like poo poo

I'll show off a bunch of the outfits but they all suck compared to the Majima Construction hat