Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Yakuza 6 has many flaws, the curse of being the first game on the new Dragon Engine, but its combat system is the best so seeing and using it in Kiwami 2 is just so nice.

Strange part is, I'm playing Yakuza 6 as my first game in the series that I've gotten past the first few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

By the way, the villains of the Majima Construction storyline (the guys in the really long cutscene) are all famous Japanese wrestlers; I know in one of the later games they had the top guys (at the time) from New Japan Pro Wrestling make cameos as well, though I don't know how involved they were in minigames.

That was 6, when Haruka had a kid.

They were basically gang leaders for the new minigame "Clan creator" which was basically a reverse tower defense game.

So far I've played 6->0->Kiwami and just started Isshin.

After a bit I'll get this for my steam. But I freaking love this series.

Also, not gonna lie, but the fact that Kiryu is such a horny guy in general (see, phone joints and eventually chatting on camsites) I'm surprised they don't let him have another girlfriend given Yumi was such a non-character (I did like Reina, who at least brained Majima)

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Officially started this. The Dragon engine is just as great in Yakuza 6's iteration. Although the flying dropkick isn't as OP in Kiwami 2

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Been playing through Kiwami 2 on my own time. Just wanted to point out that the Clan Creator they had between the two Dragon Engine Games (This and 6) apparently share characters. Even though Yakuza 6 was the one hyped up about a bunch of wrestlers being modeled and in it, in this those same wrestlers appear first in the Colliseum and then you can recruit them into Majima Construction.

Didn't know if this was already mentioned, but drunkenly think it's somethin interesting.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza Kiwami 2 Episode 55 - I Think We're Okay

Cabaret stuff is WAY more of a money maker than in 0, or at least there's no real estate game to overshadow it

I don't think it makes more money than in 0, but rather that you have less money to spend the money on in 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

There's a reason Akira Toriyama more or less quit once he finished the Dragon Ball manga, dude had been pumping out chapters every week for almost 10 straight years due to deadlines, that's not even mentioning the countless smaller mangaka who have worked themselves to death.

Didn't the creator of Naruto require his assistant be willing to die for the franchise... and take his honeymoon 9 years after they married due to his work load?