Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Kiwami 1 is a showcase of why Kiryu's a good* guardian for Haruka. He beat her deadbeat dad in combat so by right he's her new dad anyway.

(*If you ignore all the gambling he did with her. And the underground fighting ring. And the diet of nothing but horrifying amounts of beef bowl. And the weird boyfriend/creepy uncle who sometimes ambushes and tries to stab him.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
That shot is pure gold.

I'm really liking the Marie-Antoinette "If they don't have bread, let them eat caketakoyaki" poster behind Etsuko the 2nd.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Takamatsu doing the 5d chess mastermind bullshit we've come to expect from Yakuza I see.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The actual cabaret mini-game in 0 was fine, the interminable dialogue stuff not so much. But that's on the game itself, ridiculous gimmicks can only do so much.

This Yuki sounds exactly like Yakuza 0's Yuki. Doesn't look like she aged even a bit tho, must be the vinegar. Hope Etsuko makes a return too.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The indicators in the middle show dora, which award bonus han if you have the next tile in your hand. (123456789 for simples, 1 being 9's dora. E-S-W-N for winds. White-Green-Red for dragons.)

In the event of a draw, the player(s), if any, that are tenpai or have declared riichi get a 1000 points from each of the players that haven't.

https://dainachiba.github.io/RiichiBooks/index.html is a solid primer on basic strategy and hand optimization. Playing against bots is... weird anyway, much weirder than playing humans, but it might help a bit.

Getting a maniac like Majima back on the team is the best thing you can do, nobody gets respect like a homicidal lunatic.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 14, 2023

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
He keeps his dainty hard hat on during the fight. Perfection. Also, "Safety First" is a lot coming from the guy waving a large knife around at all times.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Kiryu is too caught up in the romantic ideal of yakuza to see it for what it is, an organization that deals and profits from misery & exploitation, including but not limited to human trafficking, prostitution, gambling, drugs, smuggling, and extortion. Which inevitably draws utter scum like Shindo in, who have no truck with those romanticized ideals.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
You did start that Bouncer quest and talked to the bartender at Debolah before. Even started the first job but failed it.

Also, Osaka is in the Kansai-region. (Tokyo is in Kanto.)

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 30, 2023

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
One man with a thermonuclear scowl and his weird lunatic kinda-sorta-boyfriend versus an entire army of yakuza. You'd be surprised to learn what happens next!

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I would, in fact, have called you a weenis if you didn't take every opportunity to feed someone to the river.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Now that's the devs making good decisions :perfect:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
There was the modelling for a totally not-gay magazine with Poison, the beefy dude in a speedo.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Billiken was the shady cop who established the Styx coliseum/fighting ring, and Nishitani was his sorta adoptive son who whacked the guy who murdered Billiken's daughter after he got off with a slap on the wrist for being a minor in 0. The Metal Gear-rear end entrance to the old coliseum didn't hold a loving candle to the gold castle hidden in the real castle though.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
'Aunt Goromi taught me everything about anatomy, I even got to hold a man's heart while it was still beating. She's the best!'

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
No wonder you like Kiryu & Haruka. Visiting all the restaurants with her in a quest to satiate her hunger would've been better than that weird-rear end talent agency stuff.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
If you think about it, a highway is nothing but a river of asphalt, and it too hungers.

Also, the Florist quickly relocating before he becomes the next parent to die tragically in front of their child in the Milennium Tower.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 19, 2023

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The bits of absurdity sprinkled in make the series what it is. Of course Majima just defuses the bombs based on vibes and gets away with it, dream sequence aside.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
That description did not lie, that was some whirlwind ruse-cruising. Shame about Ryuji, he may have been a colossal rear end in a top hat, but a straight shooting, honest rear end in a top hat at that, unlike the scheming backstabbers in what remained of the Omi.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Oh, Majima :allears:. New guy really doesn't have a read on the situation if he thinks he can frame Majima for sneakily killing that guy when everything about Majima screams that if he'd wanted someone dead, he'd kill them right there, right then, in front of everyone without a care in the world.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
They really went there didn't they, drat.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The world would be a lot better place if everyone could go all Majima on scumfucker consultant's asses. Speaking of which, turns out he's just a big softie after all.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Being liked by people, so embarassing.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Post a picture of Sora.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Extremely friend and or potato shaped indeed.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
It's much funnier to pronounce it as stigil tho, and I really like how the devs took the opportunity of the remake to add some closure to plot lines from 0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
I don't know what's worse, the poo poo you guys say/come up with, or the fact it has me in stitches regularly.