Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I guess Poison Mistuo has never heard of a release form, huh?

Also, since the "strength" pose's glowing energy is clearly heat, has the series been holding out on some sort of Cute Energy mechanic? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
It seems kinda cruel to put a crane game in when you know your engine doesn't do physics well enough to handle bowling or pool.

Also...why did we bring Daigo again? The most helpful thing he's done is wheel away an ancient man.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
To be fair, we did give him that knife.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
By the way, the villains of the Majima Construction storyline (the guys in the really long cutscene) are all famous Japanese wrestlers; I know in one of the later games they had the top guys (at the time) from New Japan Pro Wrestling make cameos as well, though I don't know how involved they were in minigames.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I think in 0 they said Kazama was in jail on some bullshit gambling ring charge? And he was set up by one of the Dojima lieutenants (I can't remember if it was Kuze or Shibusawa).

The dragon engine seems to make it easier to deal with multiple enemies (if you're not stuck in the cornder) -- it looks like hits will connect with multiple people, and of course they'll all go flying in different directions.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I forgot, did the Florist actually give a reason why he left his son? Cause as much as Takashi is a dumb little poo poo, it doesn't really justify being a deadbeat dad.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
According to Wikipedia, a Billiken is apparently also a charm doll made by a woman in Missouri..but also it somehow spread to Alaska and Japan?

And is the mascot for Saint Louis University sports teams :shrug:

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Majima would never teach Haruka something as dangerous as how to shoot a gun!

He'd teach her how to knife fight and buy her a butterfly knife. And then give her a hard hat for her special field trip to Majima Construction.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
That was...a weird thing to require for the story. Couldn't they just have had us check in on Majima or something? (though I guess Haruka wouldn't be horribly keen on going to go hand out with her first kidnapper...)

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
A hell of emotional whiplash from "Kiryu gets bear hugged by a yakuza adult baby" to "once again, someone has their parent [who they didnt know was their parent until five minutes ago] die in their arms at the Millennium Tower."

Also, no matter how hard the story tries to sell Kiryu and Sayama having romantic tension, I'm just not buying it.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Wait, what was that about Mr. Libido being a real person? :gonk:

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
That sure was an ending...not sure why Kiryu and Kaoru suddenly thought Haruka would be ok watching them decide to die making out but I guess everything turned out alright in the end?

And on a better note, now it's Majima time!

Edit: I think the saddest thing though is that Ryuji and Kaoru never got time to be siblings; he seemed genuinely happy to have a little sister.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Yeah seriously he could have at least killed Uematsu by stabbing or with a baseball bat or something so it was at least on brand.

Man it must suck to be Kashiwagi when your main ally against the newbies is Goro 'I do what I want' Majima. He probably just wanted to hand the family over and retire but then Nishiki backstabbed the family and died and Kiryu hosed off to whereever.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Link's broken :smith:

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

"We build poo poo!" is an absolutely sublime slogan.

Vertigo Ambrosia fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 2, 2023

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Are there no substories in Majima's chapters? Really seems like they could have done a bit more with him.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I like to think that there is a perfectly normal way to lower the desk but Majima doesn't know about it; he only discovered the monitor room when one day he hit his head on the desk (or smashed someone else's head on it) and it started going down, and since it works, he just does that. That's why he's always wearing the hard hat. Who knows how many secret rooms can be found by knocking your head against things?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Are those silly glasses from something in the game?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Bun-chan is going to be real!

https://twitter.com/ryugagotoku/status/1676564684026294273

Google Translate posted:

New prize information 📢

We are working hard to produce stuffed toys for prizes!

In-game prizes become real prizes?

"Bun-chan", who is familiar with the UFO catcher prize that can be played in the "Ryu ga Gotoku" series, will appear as a real stuffed toy!

Please look forward to the follow-up report ♪

Maybe someday we can hope for Brittany or Kyon-bo?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Oh god what horrible bit are you going to give poor Shoko

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I like how Kiryu bases the stuffed animal answer entirely on the fact that he sees girls with them on tv shows. It makes it seem like he has never interacted with a girl in person in his life and honestly that is how Kiryu should be.

How do you get the girl's moods back up after you use them? I feel like there has to be a way to not have to run single people or .....'dog's night' to give them a rest.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Ah, the classic "take off her glasses, put her hair down, and gasp" makeover. :rolleeyes: To be honest, I don't even recognize Yuki in her hostess form.

Also I refuse to believe that Kiryu would be perceptive enough to pick up Shoko hinting that she has a crush on him. That poo poo should have gone right over his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Just write your own ending to the cabaret minigame -- you can even incluse mad scientist Yuki and Kana the Ascended Being. :v: