Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pretty sure I've told the story of me staying up so long playing TF2 watching a Roseanne marathon that they started repeating episodes. Well, the homie I was gaming with has recently passed away and it's kinda loving me up. So first of all shout out for that lol. We haven't spoken for a few years, which (selfishly) sucks, but it is what it is. If I had known, I would've 1000% reached out. But that's now how life works out sometimes. I will always enter an Australian CP Purple map in your honor.

Don't be petty like me, talk to your homies. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Sorry to hear that man, fucks me up too when I find out bad news about the homies that have been lost over time to me too. RIP

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
drat does that ever suck to hear. It is indeed important to keep in touch with your fellow gamers. Hope she’s gaming strong and playing on…

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 30, 2023

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

gently caress i'm sorry to hear that synthy. I really do need to spend more time with my friends and homies.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
rest in peace to your friend and also to pre-mannconomy update tf2

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gently caress that sucks, my condolences Synthy

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

sorry to hear that brother. I have fond memories of gaming with the boys watching nick@nite myself and have fallen out of touch with some of them. going to reach out

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ty.. the funny thing is she wouldve hated this thread, and rightfully so lol. Sorry, can't let you off that easy

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

sorry to hear that synthy and RIP to your homie. i lost my best friend 2 years ago, he took his own life. (tragically, he'd witnessed the suicide of our other close friend in 2014). i'd last talked to him two weeks prior, we were distant from COVID/lockdown and also just having our own lives. i'm still really hosed up about it. talk to your friends, spend time with them and check in on them bros.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

ty.. the funny thing is she wouldve hated this thread, and rightfully so lol. Sorry, can't let you off that easy

lol wrote my very vulnerable and sincere post without seeing this first. very fair.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tmfc posted:

lol wrote my very vulnerable and sincere post without seeing this first. very fair.

nah it's all good... "PRECIATE IT" <-- quoting a cobra line so i don't feel awkward as gently caress

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
sorry to hear it brother

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7atyxFRpg

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

tmfc posted:

sorry to hear that synthy and RIP to your homie. i lost my best friend 2 years ago, he took his own life. (tragically, he'd witnessed the suicide of our other close friend in 2014). i'd last talked to him two weeks prior, we were distant from COVID/lockdown and also just having our own lives. i'm still really hosed up about it. talk to your friends, spend time with them and check in on them bros.

I don’t think I’ve touched CSGO even once over the last several years since a friend who I mostly played it with took his life. I legit can’t stomach it anymore.

----------------

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

my condolences synthy, hope youre holding up ok

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don’t think I’ve touched CSGO even once over the last several years since a friend who I mostly played it with took his life. I legit can’t stomach it anymore.

in my specific case, it wasn't a suicide. just died of some poo poo you wouldn't expect of a 33 year old. regardless i've since learned my lesson on the former

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sorry to hear about your homie. I don’t really have anything to add, but I think about gamer friends and posters that we’ve lost from time to time. Especially when I see things like last logged in 3 years ago etc.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

in my specific case, it wasn't a suicide. just died of some poo poo you wouldn't expect of a 33 year old. regardless i've since learned my lesson on the former

That is really rough bro. Hard to come up with things to say when life gets cut so short. I guess part of me wants to chime in to say how that kind of thing has related to me before but I'm not gonna step over you to make your thread about your grief, my thread about my grief. I dunno death is just a tough thing to talk about

----------------

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yeah sorry wasn't trying to make it a pissing contest, just sympathizing. poo poo sucks a lot of the time, so try to enjoy when it doesn't as much as possible. RIP to the homies.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That is really rough bro. Hard to come up with things to say when life gets cut so short. I guess part of me wants to chime in to say how that kind of thing has related to me before but I'm not gonna step over you to make your thread about your grief, my thread about my grief. I dunno death is just a tough thing to talk about

it's all good lol. I've spent the last several years essentially working around death and it's just all come to a head

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

anyway, not to make this a total downer: we once joined an Australian CP Purple Map and the 1 Aussie there immediately started calling us cunts & flipping out, lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

anyway, not to make this a total downer: we once joined an Australian CP Purple Map and the 1 Aussie there immediately started calling us cunts & flipping out, lol

This is every single time with them lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

he was just there by himself the entire time before we showed up lmfao, absolutely unhinged

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i might check in with my gaming homie whose been offline on steam for 5 months now...

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

he was just there by himself the entire time before we showed up lmfao, absolutely unhinged

This literally happened to Wormskull and I like 5 years ago on CS doing the exact same thing. Australian solo in a smoke 24/7 map going mental as we logged in.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yep. Every time I played Blops they'd be on there going absilutely ham

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This literally happened to Wormskull and I like 5 years ago on CS doing the exact same thing. Australian solo in a smoke 24/7 map going mental as we logged in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55YOw2Oz8ac

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you came into his loving house without asking, how would you have responded

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

my condolences synthy, hope youre holding up ok

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

nah it's all good... "PRECIATE IT" <-- quoting a cobra line so i don't feel awkward as gently caress

and lol

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

sorry to hear that homie, good shout on reaching out to the people youve spent time with, too

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pretty sure I've told the story of me staying up so long playing TF2 watching a Roseanne marathon that they started repeating episodes. Well, the homie I was gaming with has recently passed away and it's kinda loving me up. So first of all shout out for that lol. We haven't spoken for a few years, which (selfishly) sucks, but it is what it is. If I had known, I would've 1000% reached out. But that's now how life works out sometimes. I will always enter an Australian CP Purple map in your honor.

Don't be petty like me, talk to your homies. Please.

RIP to the Roseanne TF2 homie.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sorry dude, that shits always hard

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
condolences synthy

trying to jack off posted:

i might check in with my gaming homie whose been offline on steam for 5 months now...
worth doing. i've had a couple of experiences with gaming homies dropping off the face of the earth due to real bad irl poo poo. thankfully, in both of those cases, they eventually re-emerged out of nowhere, alive if not necessarily well, and in better personal situations.

one of those returns, of someone who i was almost certain was no longer of this earth, happened in the form of a random chat message out of nowhere while i was playing a random steam puzzle platformer about underpants. as such i will always associate "Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers" with memories far warmer than it probably realistically deserves.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Me, Drunk at 5am: Wait. Why is Jackie dressed like that (christmas sweater)

Homie: Because Santa.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sorry to hear that, Synthy, my condolences

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

RIP to your friend. I have a few dead guys on my steam list i can't bear to unfriend. i read the 'offline for 5 years' and get sad.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Rip to your boy. Memories like that are the best reasons to game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfEHNLkSHpE&t=39s

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Sorry to hear, man. Condolences

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

not quite the same, but this reminds me of the time I ended up in a few consecutive dota games with some Aussie dude who kept hyping our whole team up about how we were gonna stomp the other team and "poop on their chests." he was really playing up his accent and it was nice.

rip to ur homie