Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's hosed up to lose a friend, feel better OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

How many gamers fell victim to the cheats
Rest in peace, young gamer, there's a heaven for a G

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Condolences and RIP

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

What City Were You Born In?
Gaysville

Lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

idk if I've ever posted this story on SA before but:

so I got my first PC when I was like 15 and I really wanted to start playing WoW with my friends. but back then you had to install it one disk at a time and it took forever, I had to go to my bullshit stock boy job at the supermarket. I ask my older brother to help me finish installing it while I'm at work and like set up my account and stuff so it'll be ready to play by the time I come home.

within a couple years of that, when I'm 16, my older brother dies. Unexpectedly, suddenly, tragically. loving sucks.

so anyways, a few years later, I'm trying to like merge my brother's old WoW account and my WoW account to have all our max level characters on one account. Except, for some reason, they need my answer to my account's "Secret Question" and no matter how many times I try to guess it, I can't.

The question is "What City Were You Born In?" so there's not a lot of things I think it COULD be. I'm going nuts. I call Blizzard reps who understand my frustration, but their hands are tied. One guy, I remember, says "maybe it's something that's like...personal to you? has some personal significance?"

I end up having to scan a copy of my driver's license and FAX it to Blizzard. in like 2010 lol.

So after this process that takes like six months, Blizzard finally sends me an email that has the answer to my Secret Question.

Gaysville

And that is the precise moment I remembered that my dead older brother set up my account. He got my rear end one last time from beyond the grave. Pwned.

Lmao and rip. Brothers ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Take the last train to Gaysville, and I'll meet you at the gaytion

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

and he's running, oh running that midnight train in gaysville (running that midnight train in gaysville)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

so I got my first PC when I was like 15 and I really wanted to start playing WoW with my friends. but back then you had to install it one disk at a time and it took forever, I had to go to my bullshit stock boy job at the supermarket. I ask my older brother to help me finish installing it while I'm at work and like set up my account and stuff so it'll be ready to play by the time I come home.

within a couple years of that, when I'm 16, my older brother dies. Unexpectedly, suddenly, tragically. loving sucks.

so anyways, a few years later, I'm trying to like merge my brother's old WoW account and my WoW account to have all our max level characters on one account. Except, for some reason, they need my answer to my account's "Secret Question" and no matter how many times I try to guess it, I can't.

The question is "What City Were You Born In?" so there's not a lot of things I think it COULD be. I'm going nuts. I call Blizzard reps who understand my frustration, but their hands are tied. One guy, I remember, says "maybe it's something that's like...personal to you? has some personal significance?"

I end up having to scan a copy of my driver's license and FAX it to Blizzard. in like 2010 lol.

So after this process that takes like six months, Blizzard finally sends me an email that has the answer to my Secret Question.

Gaysville

And that is the precise moment I remembered that my dead older brother set up my account. He got my rear end one last time from beyond the grave. Pwned.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah! posted:

and he's running, oh running that midnight train in gaysville (running that midnight train in gaysville)

lmfao and also rest in power to your awesome bro pepe

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah! posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Gaysville

Lmfao. RIP.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

A friend of mine took his own life in early 2017 after a long battle with (undiagnosed) paranoid schizophrenia. He did it on a night out and I was one of the last people to see him alive.

He was an avid Trackmania Turbo player, and every year on his birthday, I race against his ghost car (lol that that’s the term for it), so it’s like I’m keeping a small bit of him alive. :unsmith:

I miss you, Keith. Tell your mates you love them, Imps.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my condolences OP. i lost a friend a cpl years back that wasn't even 30, just didnt wake up one day. it loving sucks

tell your friends you love them

----------------

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

Fungah! posted:

lmao

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Fungah! posted:

lol

Cousin Foomin
Feb 21, 2018

RIP to your homie and my condolences Synthy.

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

That sucks :[

I lost a gamer friend last year. He'd been gradually wasting away from muscular dystrophy for most of his life, and we knew it was getting worse, but he was one of the most positive and kind people i've ever known and i miss him a lot

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

Gaysville

lmao, rip your cool brother

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
RIP to the TF2 homie.

----------------

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ol yeller posted:

RIP to the TF2 homie.

this, gaming until the sun rises with a Roseanne marathon sounds sick as hell

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i might check in with my gaming homie whose been offline on steam for 5 months now...

update, this guy got a girlfriend again lol. rip

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmfao

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

so sad, hope things turn around for him asap

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Nutmeg posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

o7

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

this tbh, last time he had one it was 12 months out of action. only seems to date game haters...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

this tbh, last time he had one it was 12 months out of action. only seems to date game haters...

My wofe is a game hater but she doesnt give a gently caress if I game, like I dont give a gently caress if she reads books or does yoga for 7 hours with her private trainer.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

lol rip

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

never understand this tbh, guess i'm just built different.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My wofe is a game hater but she doesnt give a gently caress if I game, like I dont give a gently caress if she reads books or does yoga for 7 hours with her private trainer.

wife going on a weekend private retreat with their personal trainer means you can have all the boys around to game all weekend. dont even know why someone would be mad about this

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Snake: the gf likes to watch trashy reality shows before bed and she's roping me into watching them

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I dated a game hater for a couple years and when she told me one day that I needed to spend less time gaming and more time with her the spell was basically broken and we broke up shortly afterwards.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

my gf probably games more than i do if you count mobile games lol. she's playing katamari on her switch right now. mutual gamer relationships ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

tmfc posted:

my gf probably games more than i do if you count mobile games lol. she's playing katamari on her switch right now. mutual gamer relationships ftw

i do not