Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

I like pigeons a lot.

Did you know that every pigeon you see in the united states used to be somebody's pet? Until the mid-1900s, pigeons were seen as just sort of feral pets, maybe kinda like dogs in some countries. Then the mayor of New York decided to launch a hate campaign against pigeons, scapegoating them for general sanitation problems, and now all kinds of people think they're signs of filth. They're not! They're cool birds that high-five after orgasm!

Finger Prince posted:

Did you know that pigeons are technically immortal, as they are the 3d projections of a multidimensional organism that exists beyond our concept of time? Pretty crazy that people used to keep them as pets back in the day, once you know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Pigeon feathers (specifically the long outer flight feathers) are used in traditional folk medicine to cure conditions like constipation. You gently insert one up your butthole and swizzle it around a bit. It tickles, but it'll make you poo poo real good so be ready.

(note: ideally the feather shouldn't still be attached to the pigeon)

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
did you know that famous pigeon lover bert and his friend ernie were named after the taxi driver/policeman combo from the classic movie Anal Pigeon Fuckfest 3?

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
according to catholic doctrine, pigeons are a fish

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Finger Prince

Sherbert Hoover posted:

did you know that famous pigeon lover bert and his friend ernie were named after the taxi driver/policeman combo from the classic movie Anal Pigeon Fuckfest 3?

Finger Prince

My friend Crazy Eddie believes pigeons are bio-organic surveillance drones sent from the government. He's half right, they're actually from Amazon.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the only word that rhymes w/ pigeon is smidgen

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Fun fact, the word pigeon has not always been pronounced ˈpi-jən as we say it today. In fact, entomologically speaking the word wasn't originally associated with avian creatures at all. In its true form the word was a slang term loosely associated with the common pig, or swine (Sus domesticus) and was used as a unit of measure similar to the traditional unit "eon" for the length of time marking various breakout periods in the development of the Sus domesticus. These "pig" eons played a critical role in the cataloging and documenting of changes to the evolution of the Sus domesticus during the early 18th century. It wasn't until many decades later when pigs learned to fly that the term was applied to birds, with linguistic fluidity bringing about the inevitable change in pronunciation to the common "pigeon" that we use today. So when you look at a pigeon in the sky, remember that it only got there due to the hard work of evolution and the passage of time in the development of the Sus.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Finger Prince

Viginti Septem posted:

Fun fact, the word pigeon has not always been pronounced ˈpi-jən as we say it today. In fact, entomologically speaking the word wasn't originally associated with avian creatures at all. In its true form the word was a slang term loosely associated with the common pig, or swine (Sus domesticus) and was used as a unit of measure similar to the traditional unit "eon" for the length of time marking various breakout periods in the development of the Sus domesticus. These "pig" eons played a critical role in the cataloging and documenting of changes to the evolution of the Sus domesticus during the early 18th century. It wasn't until many decades later when pigs learned to fly that the term was applied to birds, with linguistic fluidity bringing about the inevitable change in pronunciation to the common "pigeon" that we use today. So when you look at a pigeon in the sky, remember that it only got there due to the hard work of evolution and the passage of time in the development of the Sus.

RepeatingMeme

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Areola Grande posted:

the only word that rhymes w/ pigeon is smidgen

door hingeon :smuggo:

Thanks Justa Dandelion, Dumb Sex-Parrot, deep dish peat moss!

Areola Grande

RepeatingMeme posted:

door hingeon :smuggo:

:pusheen: u seem British so I'll take you are word for it

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

big black turnout

in the original pokemon game, the pig type evolution of eevee was called pigeon

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
pigeons practice a form of martial art called beakata. Historically it was used in coordinated attacks on prey, and also trial by combat. It is still practiced by modern pigeons, although in urban centers it is typically performed ceremonially to distract citygoers while their pigeon accomplices steal food.

Areola Grande

big black turnout posted:

in the original pokemon game, the pig type evolution of eevee was called pigeon

lol

Escape From Noise

Then keep getting into my veranda area and making GBS threads all over the place. They are not my friends.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

1. They're whack.
2. They're twisted.
3. Their girl's a hoo
4. They're broke
5. The egg's not even theirs and everybody knows.
6. Their old man says they're stupid, they be like "So? I love my eggy mother, I never let her go!".

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
pigeons can type 100 wpm, but insist on dvorak

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Buttchocks posted:

pigeons can type 100 wpm, but insist on dvorak

i have never seen a dvorak keyboard irl so that explains why i only see them hunt and peck

Chrs

doves and pigeons are the same bird family. But doves have better publicists

Escape From Noise

Chrs posted:

doves and pigeons are the same bird family. But doves have better publicists

The word for pigeon and dove is the same in Japanese.

Escape From Noise

They both still suck.

Big time.

Finger Prince

The song Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks was actually written by a pigeon.

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

The song Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks was actually written by a pigeon.

:lol:

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
they sound kinda like doves crying

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

calhoun
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
pigeons are irrelevant and any facts about them are fun because the fact that they are irrelevant labels any fact about them unnecessary, so it is necessary that the facts about them be fun, because it is impossible that they are not.

FutonForensic

they got legs in all the right places

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Nosfereefer posted:

according to catholic doctrine, pigeons are a fish

pigeons are kosher

Finger Prince

Socrates was the name of Plato's pet pigeon.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

This song has some answers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3AO8hUwQpE