Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Presence can only carry you for so long. Her booking has hit a creative wall and her ring work is similar. Neither of these things are insurmountable but I think that if Stat isn’t close to a return, Taya should beat her in this feud. Can give her different stories to work and give the women’s division a proper secondary title rather than a vanity belt

I hope so too; Taya using the move is the first time we've really seen Jade lose her cool over something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

You and I have complete opposite opinions about jade. I get very engaged when she's on tv. Because she looks and acts like a star and does cool big power moves. Also its really nice to see a black woman to get a push like her. Literally I can't even think of anyone to compare her to.

Bringing it back to ROH: Athena. Who is 100% better in almost every way other than being shorter.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm glad this show was so loving good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

The greatest ROH Champion won the title on his second show in the promotion.

I know jerry lynn's run was short but i didnt realize his match with nigel was only his second in the promotion

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

You and I have complete opposite opinions about jade. I get very engaged when she's on tv. Because she looks and acts like a star and does cool big power moves. Also its really nice to see a black woman to get a push like her. Literally I can't even think of anyone to compare her to.

If all I wanted from my wrestlers was looking and acting like a star I never would have stopped watching WWE.
Her cool power moves do not cover the difference.
She is on a 2 year undefeated streak.
This is my take on Jade. It is ok if your view varies.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Usually when there is a botch or an injury I don't notice it, even when someone points out exactly when it happens. But that injury was clear even to me, I hope Dante recovers fast.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I know jerry lynn's run was short but i didnt realize his match with nigel was only his second in the promotion

I would advise doing some research then. Don't embarrass yourself out there.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Writer Cath posted:

I hope so too; Taya using the move is the first time we've really seen Jade lose her cool over something.

Jade also lost her cool when Nyla stole her belt and car, which was great. I wish Jade would lose her cool more often; part of why she feels stale is because for the most part she doesn't have much range as a character.

Somewhat related, I hope Mark Briscoe gets to show some range as a guy who has to rediscover himself and forge a new path as a singles wrestler, because as bummed as I was by his loss at the pape, that's a neat story.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

Jade also lost her cool when Nyla stole her belt and car, which was great. I wish Jade would lose her cool more often; part of why she feels stale is because for the most part she doesn't have much range as a character.

Somewhat related, I hope Mark Briscoe gets to show some range as a guy who has to rediscover himself and forge a new path as a singles wrestler, because as bummed as I was by his loss at the pape, that's a neat story.

have I got the promo for you:
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1642071807749509122

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Where's Eddie's enraged version of this for juxtaposition?!?!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the tag side plates :')

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Hell yeah. Having seen this, it feels more like a story beginning in defeat rather than ending there. I still would have put Mark over had it been me booking that show, but I'm interested for sure.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

the tag side plates :')

These are neat! Something about the flat silver feels weird to me, though. They seem unfinished or just otherwise too plain or something. Maybe it's just because they're brand new and don't have any wear and tear on them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022
Can’t believe they used photos of Daniel Puder from his short 2008 ROH run for the Pure title sideplates.