Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I feel like I'm being pranked by Riven. I have found orbs numbered 2-5 and have scoured the entire island multiple times looking for orb #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The orb you seek is actually in Myst. First crossover game puzzle.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's where rare got the idea for stop n swop

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sirtommygunn posted:

I feel like I'm being pranked by Riven. I have found orbs numbered 2-5 and have scoured the entire island multiple times looking for orb #1.

without spoiling things too much: you should move on and work on some other puzzles

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is a spoiler for that puzzle and for how mean Riven is for people who don't want to play it

orb #1 isn't on the island because it was found and removed by the antagonist. you find it on a different island, and have to put it together with a journal note written by the bad guy describing where he found it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wait which orbs are you talking about, the big spinning ones or the little ones.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is a spoiler for that puzzle and for how mean Riven is for people who don't want to play it

orb #1 isn't on the island because it was found and removed by the antagonist. you find it on a different island, and have to put it together with a journal note written by the bad guy describing where he found it
okay sure, but where does the sex come in. I heard riven has a lot of it in there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

okay sure, but where does the sex come in. I heard riven has a lot of it in there

that's on the extremely forbidden sixth island

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Funny story, I used to watch dad play old school adventure games when I was a little kid and for whatever reason in one of the later Zork games (Zork Nemesis?) there was a bad FMV sex scene where the room faded to black or something like that

I was scared as hell for them because I thought they would get eaten by grues

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s May in the UK and Lanky is winning. Game, set, match. This Kong has a funny face.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
riven is an absolute bastard but fair, and honestly the only "puzzle" in the game I thought was slightly unfair was the very beginning of the game where the solution to get past a locked gate is crawl under it which is admittedly really funny

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The most unfair puzzle in Riven is asking a 12-year old to intuit the concept of base-5 when you haven't even learned any of that yet mathematically but it did make me feel like a genius for eventually figuring it out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*monkey paw closes*
Super Mario Bros movie has made $1 billion.

That means we're more than likely getting a sequel with more Prattio and Donkey Seth

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I hope we learn more Kong Lore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wow, a billion extra lives

Mario's gonna outlive the universe

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope the Zelda movie isn’t done by illumination

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfeccUkZZYc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Remind me who lanky is

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
heres my personal ranking of video game lore I find interesting

1) Kirby
2) Donkey Kong Extended Universe
3) Kirkbridian glue huffing
4) Pokemon, by way of oddly terrifying Pokedex entries and Box Legendary plots
5) Dark Souls, regardless of accuracy
6) Pillars of Eternity
7) The Sims, by way of Bob Newbie and The Goth family
8) Dragon Age
9) Metal Gear (I had that rad Wikipedia type thing on PS3)
10) Deus Ex, but only if JC Denton actually does have the bloodline of Christ

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Jay Rust posted:

Remind me who lanky is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7wUeiKuw9s

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow, gently caress you too dk rapper

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I love the trend of, recent gacha games having big rear end roguelike modes inside them that are, frequently better than the game they are inside. thinking about the arknights one, in particular there. the star rail roguelike is incredibly good, so much weird poo poo to figure out how to build around which is the part of roguelikes that interests me. also lots of great writing featured in the events, which for some reason are presented with the disco elysium UI

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I was told to make this
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4030986

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

thank you all for joining me this fine Ape ESCapril(tm)! the moment you've all been waiting for has arrived!! the HARDEST KONG TO ESCAPE FROM as chosen by YOU is...

FINAL POLL RESULTS (at the time of thread closure)

===

wow!!! proof that bullying DOES in fact work. congratulations to Lanky Kong and the inescapable cheetah7071.

unbelievable that Max Castillo wasnt able to catch up, but hey. theres always next year. now go on and shoo! theres a brand new thread for you to talk about, oh, i dont know, lets say: Metroid or something. Maytroid? sure whatevr.

new thread is here: thread that is definitely titled Maytroid (real, verified)