Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Chat thread if we have Christmas in July why can't we have Halloween in April and call it April Ghouls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've started playing Space Hulk Deathwing Enhanced Edition. It's way better than Space Hulk. The first person view is fun, and the AI on your buddies is OK. It would be nice if the healer would heal other AI guys without prompting but I guess Space Marines are pretty stoic. The use of Genestealer Cult guys means that it's not just Genestealers coming up to stab you, which is nice.

They really try to get across the idea that you are in Terminator armor, you're basically a walking tank, but I think they missed the mark in a couple small ways. Only being able to sprint for a few seconds, for example. You're in Terminator armor. You can't go very fast, but you've got this huge suit doing most of the work for you, you don't get tired. You should be able to maintain top speed for hours. Similarly, the Stormbolter has insane drift. Makes sense, it's a double barreled machine gun firing explosive rounds the size of coke cans, if a normal human tried to fire it they'd just cave their entire torso in from the recoil. But you're a Space Marine in Terminator armor. You should be able to hold it steady.

Still those are minor quibbles and I'm enjoying the game

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Lots of people celebrate Easter, and that's got a zombie. It's kinda like Halloween

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God, Sekiro was so loving great, a well-deserved win as Games' Game of the Year in 2019.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

don't forget the mario movie at the beginning of the month

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

his name is Aprio now

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kiryu lookin thick

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Everyone’s got that bad angle leave poor Kiryu alone

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arin Hanson

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:rip:

https://twitter.com/MikeJMika/status/1641215685006356480

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I loved Bubsy as a kid. Was weird when I first heard people hate on it. I just thought it was a hard game you needed to practice at to get better.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

People poo poo on Bubsy but I have the fondest childhood memories of being very angry at that game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hell yeah I survived downhill, dodge the car, the lil fuzzy, that other thing I'm good haha JK the manhole cover got me again

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Khanstant posted:

I loved Bubsy as a kid. Was weird when I first heard people hate on it. I just thought it was a hard game you needed to practice at to get better.

i assume its reputation has gotten worse over the years predominantly as a consequence of meme culture; bubsy 3D's bad, but for understandable reasons given the time, and the SNES games are just average mascot platformers in an age when gamedev as a whole was still figuring things out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What could possibly go wrong?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

What could possibly go wrong?

I heard this

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Infinitum posted:

No King Kong on poll.
Shameful.

everyone is there, op

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

this game sucks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:(

He had a historical impact on the game industry, how much is probably pretty small in the grand scheme of things, but his contributions to gaming with Bubsy, were significant enough.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

rip to a real one

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

That hits me hard. I could barely read when I was going over the newspaper feelie that came with Tass Times in Tonetown. Heck of a guy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just realized the DnD DLC they are making is for Minecraft and not Minecraft Dungeons.

How many Minecraft DLC have unique gameplay or whatever for them? I bought the sonic one and it had some really bad versions of sonic levels and glitchy jumppads and speed boosts. Was neat to jump on enemies and collect rings though.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i will be checking out Melon Journey

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also the sonic murder game is like really good!! made with lots of love

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I haven't played it yet, but Knuckles appears to have his cowboy hat from the OVA and that makes it automatically good.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Electric Phantasm posted:

I haven't played it yet, but Knuckles appears to have his cowboy hat from the OVA and that makes it automatically good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I liked it it's really cute and funny

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i finished up Dredge!!

it is pretty short at 11 hours but it is quite good. i was delightfully horrified by a new aberration, even more so than the anglerfish one! yes they somehow made anglerfish even more horrible than they already are!!!

i'm glad i did the good ending first because the cooler ending is rad as hell!!

i give it a high score out of score!!

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

guuuuys

my dad called again

he asked if anime and manga are the same thing and i had to explain the difference

then he told me how he found out speed racer was actually a japanese cartoon and that's why the dubbing is so quick

but then from there he asked if dead or alive is anime or manga

he said he saw a "figure of a nier automation" and he wants me to "find out what anime manga it's from" for him. he really likes the dead or alive and nier automata figures he saw on ebay and wants to know more about them but he's bad at finding info himself. he says nier automata looks loving kickass and i don't know what to tell him i know nothing about that game. i know dead or alive is a game but i don't know anything about it either.

games chat thread posters please help me help my dad with game stuff

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

guuuuys

my dad called again

he asked if anime and manga are the same thing and i had to explain the difference

then he told me how he found out speed racer was actually a japanese cartoon and that's why the dubbing is so quick

but then from there he asked if dead or alive is anime or manga

he said he saw a "figure of a nier automation" and he wants me to "find out what anime manga it's from" for him. he really likes the dead or alive and nier automata figures he saw on ebay and wants to know more about them but he's bad at finding info himself. he says nier automata looks loving kickass and i don't know what to tell him i know nothing about that game. i know dead or alive is a game but i don't know anything about it either.

games chat thread posters please help me help my dad with game stuff

nier: automata is an action game about sexy androids fighting robots and existential despair and is a pretty fun and cerebral time, and the gameplay is such that even someone who's not especially good at games could easily get through it on the lower difficulties

DoA is a fighting game series from team ninja that's on the lower rung of fighters in terms of popularity, to the point that it's mostly known nowadays for the DoA xtreme spinoff series about the ladies of DoA having various beach-related adventures

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
they're videogames, more anime than manga i guess? they proved Nier: Automata was a good game and they put in the Library of Congress using the GG decimal system. Dead or Alive is a series of volleyball games called Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball, probably what he's looking for. There used to be a spinoff where they'd fight instead of play volleyball but idk if anyone played them

edit: beaten, pls swap order of these posts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

NieR Automata is anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntYKR9wZ_Y

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

April is the month where I need to finish games I'm already playing rather than starting new ones.

I'm finally making forward progress in Yakuza: Like A Dragon again after stalling out for a while so that's promising!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I've been playing Spiritfarer on my phone since I realised it comes with my netflix subscription. It's pretty good! I like the mix of light and dark. Definitely feels like there's elements of grindiness waiting on the outskirts, but I'm enjoying myself for now.

I just took the hedgehog with dementia to her final passage to the afterlife and it was very sad.

I'm pretty sure the lion is freeloading though? He hasn't given me an obol coin yet which is just very rude.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
been on a classicvania tear recently. Beat Castlevania 3, Rondo of Blood, and now Curse of the Moon. I really like the combination of kind of clunky attacks and platforming combined with the flexibility of having different party members and different subweapons. The feel of carefully preparing for a difficult section is very satisfying, as is the feeling of walking into a hard part with the wrong strategy and having a frantic fight for your life, and then thinking about how you might have done it better on the next go-round if you die

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I only really beat Rondo out of the oldschool Castelvania(likes) but yeah, having rigid movement but enemies balanced around it gives your combat/platforming a cool sense of deliberation.

Kinda miss that in Dark Souls, the first game reminds me of Castelvania a lot since you’re kinda clunky but most enemies have slow plodding blatantly telegraphed attacks but stamina management is more of a thing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jerusalem posted:

God, Sekiro was so loving great, a well-deserved win as Games' Game of the Year in 2019.

:catstare:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I like the name Rondo of Blood, it's fun to say

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's a fun game, too. Really cool to find all the secrets, there's tons hiding everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just finished resident evil 7 and it's my second favorite re game, after 2/2 remake. Can't wait to play village next.