Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

prayer group posted:

i went over to my friend kevin's house in second grade and didn't let him play my copy of pokemon red because i had caught a pikachu. i wouldn't let him play on my save, and i wouldn't let him start a new file even if he promised not to save over mine. he cried and i didn't really feel bad. sorry kevin.

this was a good move on your part.

when i was a kid, i let some other kid play my copy of pokemon red for ten minutes and he repeatedly promised not to save. when i got my game back, my file with mewtwo, the legendary birds, a nearly complete pokedex, and a level 97 alakazam got wiped out by this kid’s new file at the start of the game. the creep didn’t even seem sorry.

i was a huge pokemon fan at that time: watched the show, had toys, mastered pokemon snap, had the dumb cd, all of it.

after that moment, i did not engage with anything with pokemon for the next twenty years and really the rest of my life. i wouldn’t even play as pikachu in smash brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

vyelkin posted:

as a kid I loved Final Fantasy X and more or less 100%ed it, played it through multiple times, etc. Once my younger cousin came over to visit and wanted to play it so he started a new game and I was really careful to tell him not to save his game without me in case he saved over my endgame save file. When it was time for him to save his game I took the controller, opened the save point, and instinctively saved over my own game.

lmao

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Social Media posted:

I wanted to play some secret agent themed games for an old game creation system but there weren't many of them. My solution: Make a burner account on a forum to announce a contest offering a prize to whoever made the best game and then never awarding it and just playing the games people made.

lmao