Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It is an oft repeated saying that the laughter of babies is the laughter of God.

It is bullshit,

I would posit that the laughter of old women is the laughter of God.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the sweet innocent giggles of a cherubic newborn. Quite the opposite in fact. I think it is cute and lovely.

But it is not the laughter of God.

When God laughs it is the bitter half cackle of someone who has seen some poo poo, done some other poo poo and lived through it all to end up with a useless lump of a husband and several ungrateful grandchildren who never call only to be infantilized, patronized, and ignored by a society that refuses to acknowledge the invaluable contributions you have made over the last 6-8 decades.

On a related note, you have not yet lived, nor indeed can you count yourself worthy to, until a gaggle of old ladies sitting in a gazebo in rural South Korea have invited you over to eat some of their home made kimchi and down shots of Soju with them, whilst they laugh at you as you attempt in your poor Korean to join in their rowdy conversation. This was more than 10 years ago, so the ladies I did this with in Namhae are possibly dead by now. But I doubt it, as it will take more than old age to kill those ajummas.

God bless you, you tough old bitches.

Keep laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Thanks OP, your thread made me smile and laugh too. God bless grandparents.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

that seems like a really obscure scenario to have to encounter to be classified as having lived OP

you're basically saying almost no one has really lived as i don't think that many people overall will have even encountered an old korean lady gazebo, let alone joined in.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I would need to learn just the right amount of Korean to even have a chance.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
hell yeah, girl power op.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTZsiwk-ik

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

It is an oft repeated saying that the laughter of babies is the laughter of God.

It is bullshit,

I would posit that the laughter of old women is the laughter of God.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the sweet innocent giggles of a cherubic newborn. Quite the opposite in fact. I think it is cute and lovely.

But it is not the laughter of God.

When God laughs it is the bitter half cackle of someone who has seen some poo poo, done some other poo poo and lived through it all to end up with a useless lump of a husband and several ungrateful grandchildren who never call only to be infantilized, patronized, and ignored by a society that refuses to acknowledge the invaluable contributions you have made over the last 6-8 decades.

On a related note, you have not yet lived, nor indeed can you count yourself worthy to, until a gaggle of old ladies sitting in a gazebo in rural South Korea have invited you over to eat some of their home made kimchi and down shots of Soju with them, whilst they laugh at you as you attempt in your poor Korean to join in their rowdy conversation. This was more than 10 years ago, so the ladies I did this with in Namhae are possibly dead by now. But I doubt it, as it will take more than old age to kill those ajummas.

God bless you, you tough old bitches.

Keep laughing.

I was in Namhae for the General Yi Festival. I don't think I much interacted with anyone in that specific town, but I've definitely had exactly the experience you've had. Well, usually they're pretty nice about my Korean.
I didn't realize they had an Oktoberfest Festival, I'll have to go back some time.

But if you read your Bible, you'll know that God is nothing like an ajumma. God seems to delight in their own weird creations and the futility of humans to do anything about it.
I postulate the laughter of God is more akin to the laughter you hear in a Discord call playing Gartic Telephone with Germans. Several of the Germans are of course drawing poop onto every single image, absolutely delighted by their clever creations, with their delight only further amplified by their loved ones absolutely begging them to stop drawing poop, just as God no doubt laughs wildly every time we beg them to stop burning California down every year.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I want some of that homemade kimchi :yum:

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
You know the old lady laugh that is completely silent except a tiny, constant high pitched wheeze whistle? That's the god laugh

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

What a wonderful thesis, OP.

It’s a beautiful thing to chop it up with a bunch of rowdy old gals.

Matinee fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 1, 2023

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
God bless old people. Whenever I go to Walmart I say "Thank you Admiral and have a nice day" to the greeters be they man, woman or baby.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I always figured it would be Lizzo's spot-on maniacal bye bitch laughter

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
A shart is the laughter of God.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

an old black man laughing at a dirty joke

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
They say rain is the tears of God. Maybe thunder is the laughter and they're actually 🤣 at us

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Nap Ghost
God laughs at me all the time, but no one else can hear it. :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Very heretical for you to state with such confidence that the god has vocal cords or is capable of laughter

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
God’s laughter precipitates through the universe because his son gave the world victory over death💀

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I feel like if god laughed it’d be tremendously loud and might even make people at higher elevations explode :derp:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Nap Ghost

that g ova there posted:

God’s laughter precipitates through the universe because his son gave the world victory over death💀

If that is true his son's warriors lost many wars against the Islamic.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Nap Ghost

Jillian poo poo posted:

I feel like if god laughed it’d be tremendously loud and might even make people at higher elevations explode :derp:

sing it from the hills, brother

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Dumb thread, extremely disappointed that op wasn’t just a video of rich Evans laughing

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
The laughter of god is the death knell of mortal man

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Nap Ghost

HAmbONE posted:

The laughter of god is the death knell of mortal man

what a bitchass thing to say

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8S50xBTrJk

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Nap Ghost

stop laughing at me swan

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
God probably has a really obnoxious laugh, which is why He stopped talking to people because any time something funny happened He would embarrass Himself and get made fun of. Poor God :(

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

If God wants to laugh Police Academy 2 is on tv right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

If God wants to laugh Police Academy 2 is on tv right now.

no one laughed at Police Academy 2
not even god