Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Abhorrence posted:

Reporting in. Which Goon Patreon are we taking down for this thread?

mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Legend has it, someone named "Lowtax" started and ran the forums.

It's a long one, but here's a thread that starts with "Yikesaroo" - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Separately, there was a boxing match one time. This is one of many YouTube videos, there's probably a better forum link somewhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3M_wGfYewo

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Mangosteen.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

One of these days somebody should do a big writeup of all the insane Eve Online poo poo, would make for some good reading.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

SirSamVimes posted:

Riot until thread has sagas rightfully restored to the title.

In Japan it’s called SaGa’s but in the states it’s Something Awful: Legend.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

One of these days somebody should do a big writeup of all the insane Eve Online poo poo, would make for some good reading.

some players proposed finding a way to cut the power to another players house during one of the space battles to keep him from joining lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950903&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Gotta make sure fork thread is linked here now, this was a good discovery

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

some players proposed finding a way to cut the power to another players house during one of the space battles to keep him from joining lol

Last year a guy confessed to personally witnessing and abetting like half a dozen or so various crimes committed by alliance leaders including sexual assault, and got permaed for it

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

We always hear about the really really big ones like the power cut plan, but like, I know there’s so much insane stuff one or two “levels” of drama lower that aren’t common knowledge that I want to hear about.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Last year a guy confessed to personally witnessing and abetting like half a dozen or so various crimes committed by alliance leaders including sexual assault, and got permaed for it

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OpenWeakDogwoodtwigborer-mobile.mp4

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

This was good. Readers: don’t skip the last page.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Some of my favorite threads were for bad goon game projects.

Zybourne Clock: Goons attempt to make a steampunk timetravel rpg. Effectively nothing comes of it except for hilarious concept art. References to it get put in various games including Fallout: New Vegas, and one of the most iconic pieces of art made for it sells at auction for 5 thousand dollars. Couldn't find the original thread, but c'mon, you know what this is.

The Demon Rush: A guy buys a ton of ads trying to promote the RPG he made. Goons dissect the game finding more and more bizzare/funny poo poo. To the OP's credit, it's a full, finished game and he's inexplicably still churning out games of similar quality to this very day. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2913491&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Crimson Haze: An Idea guy shows up trying to rally goons into doing most of the work to make his dream MMO. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3358114

Deki fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 2, 2023

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
happy birthday :toot:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
*tay zonday voice* crimson haze...

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I'm an ideas guy, won't someone code my game?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
turdiak

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I think Vilerat actually recruited people through eve online to become diplomats irl wow, I can't believe the great injustice that is them never actually giving Mercenarynuker, answerer of The Fork Question, the fork plat icon. he still posts, admins, you still have an opportunity to right this wrong!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

careful about posting moe that can get you shot if you do it in the wrong thread
moe is good

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

either Arstechnica or Kotaku or both have done them intermittently lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
intriguingly moe

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

lodoubt posted:

Getting Nagito to SHSL Good Luck the door open was pretty much my first thought, and I reckon that he would be totally okay with doing that given his motives, but the game is such an utter tease about this sort of thing that we'll never see it happen :C and then to cap it off I didn't post about it nearly quickly enough.

Not sure if we're up to a free day yet, but if we are I am all for Mikan. Intriguingly moe, potentially psycho.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Deki posted:

The Demon Rush: A guy buys a ton of ads trying to promote the RPG he made. Goons dissect the game finding more and more bizzare/funny poo poo. To the OP's credit, it's a full, finished game and he's inexplicably still churning out games of similar quality to this very day. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2913491&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

On one hand, I appreciate that the Demon Rush guy legit followed his dream and is making his games out there in the world, even if I'm not sure I would ever play one

On the other, Brooks Cracktackle

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

surc posted:

Queen owns and Night at The Opera may be the perfect album ever made, stand out even among all their other greats, but also since apparently people don't know them, reminder they did the entire OST and score for the 1980s Flash Gordon movie and it's incredible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYTYqs-ytSk&t=9s

I heard a rumour years ago about a remake of 1980 Flash Gordon. Owen Wilson as Flash, Patrick Stewart as Ming, soundtrack by The Darkness and directed by Guillermo del Toro. Patrick too old now and The Darkness have split up :(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol @ entire thread getting furious at someone not liking old rear end rock music

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Stux posted:

lol @ entire thread getting furious at someone not liking old rear end rock music

bro it is queen

i get it, i do, but it's loving Queen

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Stux posted:

i'm pretty sure pog boyfriend has a hit out on me now after i said buddy holly was weezer's only good song in a SAD thread

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ppl who have never listened to Slade or Sweet love Queen. topic locked

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Deki posted:

Zybourne Clock: Goons attempt to make a steampunk timetravel rpg. Effectively nothing comes of it except for hilarious concept art. References to it get put in various games including Fallout: New Vegas, and one of the most iconic pieces of art made for it sells at auction for 5 thousand dollars.

Sold to Freddie Wong who even posted in the GBS thread that was watching the ebay auction I think

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
stux is a known troll

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

TheMightyBoops posted:

In Japan it’s called SaGa’s but in the states it’s Something Awful: Legend.

Lol that kinda owns

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Loved those loving games

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*tay zonday voice* crimson haze...

lmao

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"intriguingly moe" is a phrase from some pretty deep recesses of my mind and it just jumped out of the darkness and scared the poo poo out of me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

symbolic posted:

ppl who have never listened to Slade or Sweet love Queen. topic locked

jfc lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Heath posted:

"intriguingly moe" is a phrase from some pretty deep recesses of my mind and it just jumped out of the darkness and scared the poo poo out of me

its from one of the dangan ronpa threads... cant get it out of my head

rox
Sep 7, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its from one of the dangan ronpa threads... cant get it out of my head

la-la-la
la-la
la-la-la

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Deki posted:

Some of my favorite threads were for bad goon game projects.

I still watch the "trailer" that someone stitched together because it's so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWmboM0zFc