Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

shelley posted:

heating basement pool is a good one, all the pics are dead so I highly recommend looking at the archive.org version

Aww, those photos were totally working last time I saw this thread like 5 years ago. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

SirSamVimes posted:

Riot until thread has sagas rightfully restored to the title.

In Japan it’s called SaGa’s but in the states it’s Something Awful: Legend.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

This was good. Readers: don’t skip the last page.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I guess things are really different in different parts of Texas. I learned about all of our atrocities and how bad they were in school and I went to school in Texas.

Yeah we in WI learned about Wounded Knee; it’s also really easy to pass all your history without actually learning the things that happened though.

In my experience the class was either someone reading at you for an hour or putting on a video and falling asleep.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Reg Barclay of Something Awful

lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm glad IZ discord is normal because it sounds like all the other ones are cesspools of drama and sex crimes

The way Discord servers work is rife for creating the seediest, weirdest places on the internet.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I had Shaq basketball shoes. They were like Jordan’s, but you bought them at Walmart.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Are there any fun stories as to why the threads in CCCC ended up there or is it all pretty mundane?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

This happened to me once with Homestar Runner and it actually kind of ruled? Just a constant stream of Strong Bad Emails in my YT suggestions for like a week, no stupid thumbnails, no politics guys

No Easter Eggs though. RIP Flash.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

That DICK! posted:

That’s stavros halkias father

Just open Nier spoilers in the thread now?!

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Iirc the old games were on VC so they'll probably drip feed them later for online hype

They did tease Pokémon TCG for the game boy which is cool

They were all on 3DS for like 7 bucks yeah.

I canceled my Nintendo online a few years ago because some of the games were good but most were just things I’d play for a couple hours at best.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you can easily mod the 3ds and download all the classic pokemon games for free

If you crack your New 3DS you can play anything up to PS1 on it. It rules.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

EorayMel posted:

The use of
code:
=====code tags=====
to format the post is the funniest thing to me goddamn

The Matrix Demodded

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Based on why they said they were demodded and considering the new information that has come to light I postulate that Leon was demodded because an IK got them with the old:

“If you type my biggest posting enemies’s pw in the discord it automatically changes it to ********* .”

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the msot powerful crew is rpg thread crew

That thread owns, but moves so fast, or it did a year ago when I got overwhelmed.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Dongicus posted:

ah, all right. so there isn't a Good One. cheers.

Wasn’t there a time when the forums had a NordVPN sponsorship?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Nuns with Guns posted:

This

But it's Bertolli's finest.

This on repeat in IC’s mind while he gingerly cuts the garlic with a razor blade.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

It was forever ago and I dont have it anymore but probably

Edit:what if...what if it's a guide for the actual ff3, not 6, that'd explain why there was so much nonsense in it, wish I still had it so I could take some pictures

Edit: IT WAS THIS FUCKER: https://a.co/d/5CgNCfh

found one for 11 bucks so I guess I'll find out soon how hosed up it is

I have an interest in these tiny unauthorized guides and was doing some research on them like a month ago. The guide that got mentioned earlier in the thread could have said to go to a website for the most accurate info because the author either wrote a FAQ and this is the self published version they sell or someone copied and printed their FAQ and sold it.

Edit: also this being about Japanese III complicates it even more.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

That DICK! posted:

i had a gamefaqs FFX guide i printed and i accidentally scrolled to a page that i thought spoiled the ending, where 'the fayth give tidus a new life and he comes back and everybody is happy' and i was mad watching the ending waiting for him to come back and he didnt, i checked the guide back and that section was called 'here is how i would have ended things'. fucker got me twice!

Lol that rules. The author’s ending is way worse than the real one though.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

KittenJucerSupreme posted:

Isn't that literally how FFX2 ends

That’s cold, because I was planning on playing that one day.

Edit: retroactively making your good decisions moot by reading a gamefaq sounds like a very SE choice though.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 20, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Famethrowa posted:

might be too recent but latest autoban made me lol

What was the thread?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lol if those posts from today we’re part of a bit and they were gonna auto ban anyway I respect the dedication, if not lmao.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

wait the loving elvira standee is there, I thought you were joking

I feel like I'm going to have a stroke comprehending all this iron crowned poo poo, I never knew the guy besides his dogmurder stuff and in the past two days I've been exposed to so much more pathetic awfulness

Thread’s haunted.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The pandemic definitely saved me from a crippling MTG addiction. Now I own a cube we play a few times a year.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

Build Fighters is the one that's like a sports anime about Gundam models, right? I watched a few episodes of that and it was agreeably nuts

There’s also a sequel called Build Divers, it’s silly if you can stomach 30min unadulterated toy commercials.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Danaru posted:

They put Steins Gate and Stein's Gate 0 under "comedy", that was a trip

Lol.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It is happening again.

It’s called weight reduction.

Edit: From that same thread. I feel bad for this poster but this is also a good post:

VelociBacon posted:

https://i.imgur.com/WLcQIlO.mp4

HELP my smart thermostat is trying to sous vide my dumb rear end this is my actual life not from somewhere else I'm slowly dying

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 25, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

smt v sucks, it gets too hard to level up pixie and slime

There’s also only like 3 dungeons and only one is sort of good.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

NoiseAnnoys posted:

goon who modded rimworld.

What did they do?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The best part of blockbuster was renting a game that had like all the best equipment and stuff on the file already cause then little child version of you can get the satisfaction of finally beating Culex and his bastard crystals even though you're too stupid to do it otherwise

The double edged sword of this is that I will find whatever jerk deleted my Ogre Battle 64 save I’d been working on over the weekends.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i loaned superstar saga to someone and their house burned down the next day destroying the game

I lent out a game once and they just sold it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

it’s time to d-d-d-dip out and steal some games

More like My-Gi-Oh.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Someone bought our kid funco pops of all the Gen 1 Eevee evolutions because they’re into Pokémon: The Jolteon is the most painful thing I’ve ever stepped on in my life.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Frank Frank posted:

Why? What is the loving intersection between funko pop collectors and the original Twin Peaks?

I absolutely have college friends I haven’t talked to in years that I know without asking have poo poo like this.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

B33rChiller posted:

beyond even lego?

The ears bro.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

Patrick Bateman looking in the mirror only it's to a shelf of at a Patrick Bateman Funko pop.

Edit: lol I loving knew it:

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

symbolic posted:

always in awe that out of the two hundred Danganronpa characters, he's obsessed with one with some of the least personality and screentime

Lol the character that’s sole purpose is lull the main character into a sense of security and familiarity. Her character is basically just a narrative device for the first hour of the game.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

I'm starting to think that there should be an automatic altcheck on every single new registration.

How will we know when Turner or Overdrive die?

Edit: just realized 2 Bachmann’s have died this year. I’d be nervous if I was the third Bachmann.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 5, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i will quickly log on to the pyf sagas thread where surely videogame discussion is prevailing, having a great run in shadows of doubt

what the gently caress

Whoa. This game looks cool.

How much in Early Access is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I was 12 when I first got goatse'd and I think it was from a sonic sprite comic site

There’s no way they forgot the ring at least.