Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
happy birthday :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

One of these days somebody should do a big writeup of all the insane Eve Online poo poo, would make for some good reading.

either Arstechnica or Kotaku or both have done them intermittently lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Stux posted:

lol @ entire thread getting furious at someone not liking old rear end rock music

bro it is queen

i get it, i do, but it's loving Queen

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Grassy Knowles posted:

Any time I think about going on IRC, I remember I’ll definitely see Turdiak and reconsider. It’s been years now but I’m sure he’s still around there.

do you think anyone is? i worry about ghosts of my past like that becoming empty, like so many MUDs.. lost in time...

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

lurdiak was not even the only guy who regularly said touhou is for pedophiles in games lol. fortunately the few ive seen who said that with any frequency have been scared off, cuz lol come on man.

lurdiak immediately defending one of the most heinous red texts I’ve ever seen in the Smash thread is seared into my brain. what a terrible gently caress

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

That Little Demon posted:

Attention Everyone - the hottest Wrestling promotion in town is on in 15 minutes
https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

Thursday Night RAM!

and it has a hell of a card this week

izwf ftw

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

tak posted:

lol. it's always funny when libs learn what "nations" in "First Nations" means

jfc this is incredible

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

phil playing the re4 remake and after an hour of dying in the village finally finds the house with the shotgun and declares that this is different than the remake where you also find a house with a shotgun under the same circumstances

lmfao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

He didn't end up actually doing it, but he was very close.

also chibi and chibisoma are not the same person...sorry to break the illusion

That information is irrelevant. I’ve decided to forget it.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

EorayMel posted:

I guess it is appropriate one of the shittiest GBS threads ever brought down one the shittiest gimmicks ever but this also reminded me how one of seraph84's reregs (insane bitcoin-loving rereg goon who previously got banned for asking people to explain what minors are) got busted after flying under the radar for years in one of the shittiest QCS threads ever

this is so loving funny. dude managed to not be hyper creepy for YEARS, but then fuckin thinks his STEMlord rear end outsmarted EVERYONE, and gets immediately bopped tryna stunt lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

on my hands and knees begging to not bring star citizen chat here

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

bruce campbell is Michigan's favored son and we love him so much

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Oxxidation posted:

i didn't even like aim chatrooms back in the day. too fast

what

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

posters are their avs, no ifs ands or buts about it

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

buglord posted:

That’s…that’s not George Floyd is it

bro

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Ok I'm level 11 in PoE. I'm leaning on ethereal knives to do most of the heavy lifting coupled with sniper's mark. For bosses i'm running in and poisoning with viper strike and then running away/throwing more knives. I'm using on of the recommended skill builds for my first time out - a couple quick questions for anyone here who plays the game:

1) What am I supposed to be doing with those crucible totem things? I don't understand what they do or how dangerous they are. Holding down the activate button seems to spawn more enemies but I'm afraid I'm going to spawn something I can't kill. What's the deal here?

2) Should I be figuring out how to craft/mod armor and weapons? I'm basically just grabbing what I find on the ground and replacing stuff I'm wearing that's worse as I go along. I've found several named yellow weapons and armor pieces but can only use one of them. I threw the rest in my stash for now until I figure out what to do with them. Problem is, I now have several linked/support green skills and not enough linked green slots to use them. I have a whole bunch of orbs/orb parts/whatever.

was genuinely super confused trying to remember where ethereal knives and totem crucibles were in Pillars of Eternity and now im mad

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

fun hater posted:

i also do not think it can be understated how alarming of an image a nazi centaur is until your eyes take it in

i would simply blind myself if i thought i would see such

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*chuckles* maidenless are we?

the like, week we called dumb poo poo absolute maidenless behavior, was very funny.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

pentyne posted:

You can beat Pillars 2 with like at most 12 fight encounters depending on your playstyle.

It has way less trash fights then any comparable crpg

so it is TECHNICALLY possible to only do 12 fight encounters but realistically you'll do more

that said, i encourage playing rtwp like it's turn based for poe2. the turn based mode just.. it isn't super well balanced, which is no one's fault because it was more of a proof of concept, but it leads to things like DEX not being useful at all, and stuff like that. pausing as often as you want gives you all you need, esp. with all the things you can enable to cause autopausing

but i really do agree that PoE2 is trivially the best CRPG to be released.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Thanks for the recommendations and help! Also I want to play mgs3 eventually but I've got like 10,000 hours of poe2 first.

Burned out on wrath of the righteous and poe2 is like the very best isometric rpg I've played in forever. It annihlates the pathfinder games so completely I wish I could go back in time and not spend forever on wotr

That's right, NeatHeteroDude. Thank you for accepting the light.

Splash Attack posted:

i believe in poe3 will come one day. just like i keep believing there will be a ff9 remake…

poe3 will be released and it will be directed by ropekid and there will be no more pain and no more suffering and no more taxes and we will all abide happily. ekera

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

FirstnameLastname posted:

its pinkherturn now

lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

im bored so here's one of my fave mini-sagas: the hogwarts legacy threads

usernames removed out of respect for the living. the rest remains the same to honor the dead

quote:

I came to read about the video game in Harry Potter land. I have no idea what the gently caress any of you morons are babbling about.

Lol gas this stupid toxic loving thread and make a new one where we talk about video games.

quote:

Out of curiosity what would you name a Chinese character?

Unless you’re a native mandarin speaker, there are many real names of people from different dialects that sound super racist but are actually normal culturally appropriate names. Ying Yong. Not being familiar with the dialect, you’d think that’s an rear end in a top hat name, but it’s a real name that lots of people have.

this is kinda cheating bc it's from Games Rules but it was relevant (because it makes me laugh)

quote:

ordinarily this is where i would say 'the ps5 has no games', but it does have a game. hogwarts legacy, available now.

quote:

That's right. Many people are calling the PS5 the "home of Hogwarts Legacy".
unfortunately the following is Sincere

quote:

It would be nice if the Hogwarts Legacy thread could be about posting about the game itself, rather than whatever the hell it is now. Don't know if I've seen another thread in games like it

Imp Zone made a thread that was basically the same but IZ funny instead of Games funny

quote:

gryffindors stand back and stand by

quote:

[twirling wand gayly] needus triple bypasso

quote:

(USER WAS AZKABANNED FOR THIS POST)

this was my fave part tho lol

quote:

I was told if I want to talk seriously about Harry Potter land I have to come to this place. What the gently caress even is this place? I’ve never heard of the imp zone. Are you people like the sewage runoff that isn’t allowed to post anywhere else in the forum?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

Wait a loving second. Am I allowed to say retard here and not get probed?

quote:

i mean uh yeah man were the absolute worst. total poo poo pit. got any morally reprehensible opinions or thoughts about certain types you want to get off your chest, ths is the place

quote:

I mean I’ve got some HOT takes if you really wanna hear em….

they did not bite :(

ok that's my mini saga thanks for reading. thanks. bye

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

thank you all so much for the overwhelming support. however, you must have me confused with someone else.

here is a post i do not want lost in the new page

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Lmao I miss Larry

me too... me too......

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

😐

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

KittenJucerSupreme posted:

Oh uh, sorry- I'm a transwoman and I was just making a joke about how "femme-male" reminded me of the stupid loving "femboy" poo poo that keeps popping up.

put the shovel down. consider what on earth joke or point you were trying to make, and reflect on how it would be perceived by a dead gay forum patrolled by Robocop.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

try to explain this to a third party who has never been on these Sacred Forums. just imagine how that conversation would go

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

no that's really more of a chat forum. yeha you can talk about whatever. well yeah politics comes up. anyway it had this one fetish cyoa. well, more than one really. what? no sex stuff is banned. oh well you see...

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

i had a report of one of applewhite's dragon sex posts open earlier and my wife walked by my computer and was liek "what the gently caress are you reading". love this website.

lmao owned

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

harsh lessons it is best to learn early, not later:
- never meme the wife
- never click a labelled link without hovering to see the url.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

bng was vastly overshadowed by some of the fancomics like mspaint masterpieces

agree

i feel myself rapidly aging realizing how much i just dated myself. gently caress

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

:smith:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Jazerus posted:

a shockingly large percentage of internet communities from that era were connected pretty directly to SA. goon presence was just kind of a given wherever you went

when the internet was way less centralized communities were the only way you found other communities, really. it was a different time.

but at least everything wasn't on a loving unsearchable gd discord

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

we used to be a country. a proper country

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i'm 95% sure the word prude is exclusively deployed by creeps who want to involve unwilling strangers in their sex life. i've never seen it in any other context

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

pog boyfriend posted:

good news everyone i somehow completely missed that they were doing this but etrian odyssey is getting remastered and ported to pc this month

i never actually played it, is it any good

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

king of the hill is fine being over. it's a relic of the 2000s. let it die!!!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

bobby voiced by jack black

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Pablo Nergigante posted:

James Earl Jones as Boomhauer

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU