Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Found this at HPB. Didn't buy it but will and ship if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Tonight!

https://twitter.com/thatweekinsnl/status/1652751869972733953?s=46&t=Nta8PdWFZXM1O_NnvmV4-Q

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1652813454477250560?s=46&t=Nta8PdWFZXM1O_NnvmV4-Q

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh hey. All the commercials and SNL Band music during the local breaks from the S4 Maureen Stapleton ep. It's a whole thread with vids. How wonderful!

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1652885701103439872?s=46&t=k5REvho4lptpVTv3fsHFag

And the pods from that season's Walter Matthau ep that I did earlier this year in January.

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1617386906030931968?s=46&t=k5REvho4lptpVTv3fsHFag

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/wgawest/status/1653242408195457025?s=46&t=qNCE2i4Up2451zmxg3K2tw

https://twitter.com/wgawest/status/1653242480106815491?s=46&t=qNCE2i4Up2451zmxg3K2tw

https://twitter.com/wgawest/status/1653242673397112832?s=46&t=qNCE2i4Up2451zmxg3K2tw

pwn
May 27, 2004

Crossposting from the Late Night chat thread to give context, background, and insights into the strike

----

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/notes-on-hollywood/why-are-tv-writers-so-miserable

quote:

Why Are TV Writers So Miserable?
On the cusp of a potential strike, writers explain why no one is having much fun making television anymore.

By Michael Schulman
April 29, 2023

Possibly the most famous telegram in Hollywood history was sent in 1925, when Herman J. Mankiewicz, the future co-writer of “Citizen Kane,” urged his newsman friend Ben Hecht to move West and collect three hundred dollars a week from Paramount. “The three hundred is peanuts,” Mankiewicz assured him. “Millions are to be grabbed out here and your only competition is idiots.” The rise of the talkies, for which Hecht became a prolific scenarist, soon brought a wave of non-idiot writers to Los Angeles, to supply the snappy movie dialogue of the thirties—a decade that, not incidentally, saw the rise of the Screen Writers Guild.

Writers have always endured indignities in Hollywood. But, as long as there are millions to be grabbed, the trade-off has been bearable—except when it isn’t. The past month has brought the discontent of television writers to a boiling point. In mid-April, the Writers Guild of America (the modern successor to the Screen Writers Guild) voted to authorize a strike, with a decisive 97.85 per cent in favor. The guild’s current contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers expires on May 1st; if the negotiations break down, it will be the W.G.A.’s first strike since late 2007 and early 2008. At issue are minimum fees, royalties, staffing requirements, and even the use of artificial intelligence in script production—but the over-all stakes, from the perspective of TV writers, feel seismic. “This is an existential fight for the future of the business of writing,” Laura Jacqmin, whose credits include Epix’s “Get Shorty” and Peacock’s “Joe vs. Carole,” told me; like the other writers I spoke to, she had voted for the strike authorization. “If we do not dig in now, there will be nothing to fight for in three years.” TV writers seem, on the whole, miserable. “The word I would use,” Jacqmin said, “is ‘desperation.’ ”

How did it come to this? About a decade ago, in the era of “Mad Men,” “Breaking Bad,” and “Veep,” TV writing seemed like one of the coolest, best-paying jobs a writer could have. As with the talkie boom of the nineteen-thirties, playwrights and journalists were flocking to Hollywood to partake in the heyday of prestige TV. It was fun. “We were all just trying to figure out, like, where to live. How do we sublet? Do we buy a car? Do we rent a car?” Liz Flahive recalled. In 2008, Flahive had just had a play produced Off Broadway when she got hired to write for “Untitled Edie Falco Project,” which became Showtime’s “Nurse Jackie.” TV, unlike big-budget movies, was a writers’ medium, and it was undergoing a creative explosion. “The old-timey mentality was: you go work in TV, and it breaks your brain, and you learn all these terrible habits,” Flahive said. “But you didn’t. You were writing great scenes, and for really good actors.”

The “Nurse Jackie” writers’ room, Flahive recalled, “was half queer, majority female. It was half people who had done TV for a long time, and half people who had never done TV before.” But it was possible to learn. “I turned in my first script, and the co-E.P.s sat me down and said, ‘This is really great. But this is the most expensive episode of television ever written. It’s a half-hour show, and you have forty-one setups.’ I was, like, ‘What’s a setup?’ And they explained, ‘If you set this scene here, and you write this scene here, this is a whole company move, and this is a whole new set we have to build.’ And then I got to take that script and go sit on set and actually see what it meant when you write ‘EXT. SUBWAY PLATFORM,’ and why that’s complicated.”

Flahive rose through the ranks of “Nurse Jackie” and went on to co-create the Netflix comedy “glow” and the Apple TV+ anthology “Roar,” both with the playwright and producer Carly Mensch. But, in the intervening years, the profession has devolved. Streamers are ordering shorter seasons, and the residuals model that used to give network writers a reliable income is out the window. The ladder from junior writer to showrunner has become murkier, with some people repeating steps like repeating grades, and others being flung to the top without the requisite experience, in order to meet demand for new content. Studios are cutting writing budgets to the bone by hiring fewer people for shorter time periods, often without paying for lower-level writers to be on set during production, which makes it all but impossible to learn the skills necessary to run a show. On “Roar,” Flahive said, “we had to fight to budget for writers to prep and produce their episodes,” and some of her writers had never been to the set of shows they’d worked on, “which is astonishing to me.”

One point of contention in the W.G.A. negotiations has been “mini rooms”—condensed writers’ rooms that often take place before a show is green-lighted. Mini rooms give studios proof of concept while saving money, but they force writers to spread paltrier fees over longer gaps, working for shows that may or may not get made. “What you start to realize is that there is no advancing forward, because you’re constantly in these rooms where you’re being paid at a minimum,” the writer Janine Nabers told me. “If your contract ends, and that show’s not going to be made for another year, all of your work could just be erased.”

Like Flahive, Nabers began in theatre. After graduating from Juilliard, in 2013, she got staffed on Bravo’s “Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce.” The writers met at Sunset Gower Studios, in Hollywood. “It was more money than I’ve ever been paid in my life,” she recalled. “Even the stipends to go to set—I remember they would give you cash, and I would just make it rain on my bed and take videos and send them to my friends.” Most jobs she’s had since have been in mini rooms. Nabers wrote for two seasons of Donald Glover’s “Atlanta,” got an over-all deal with Amazon Studios, and co-created, with Glover, this year’s hit “Swarm.” That show had a fourteen-week mini room, all over Zoom, ending in early 2021. But it wasn’t green-lighted until the second episode was shooting, a year later. Nabers was pregnant during the interim, and she was left to finish the season alone. “So that’s a year of me by myself, writing scripts and begging the people that I was working for to allow me to bring in more help,” she said.

For people outside the industry, the woes of TV writers can elicit a boo-hoo response: it is, after all, a more lucrative form of writing than most, right? But the economics of streaming have chipped away at what was previously a route to a middle-class life, as the cost of living in Los Angeles has crept upward. “It feels like the studios have gone through our contracts and figured out how to Frankenstein every loophole into every deal, which means that, at the very best, you can keep your head above water,” Jacqmin said. “You can maybe maintain the amount of money you made the year before, but more than likely you will be asked to cut your quote. It just feels really grim.” She added, “I’m on Twitter every other day, and I’m seeing writers who are, like, ‘Please Venmo me some grocery money. I am desperate, and I have not worked in three months. Help!’ ”

Aly Monroe, a thirty-year-old writer who’d worked up from production assistant to story editor on Hulu’s “The Handmaid’s Tale,” told me that she makes about ten thousand dollars a year in residuals, “and that’s certainly not reflective of what the studio is making.” In the long breaks between seasons, she relies on her wife’s more regular income while stretching out the money from “Handmaid.” Some of her friends are getting copywriting jobs or moving back in with their parents. “Before the strike demands came out, a lot of my friends were feeling really hopeless and essentially ready to give up, because it had just been such a hard road,” she said. “And they think that what the W.G.A. is asking for makes us all feel really good and like we’re working toward something that can make it back into a livable career for all of us. That’s certainly how I feel.”
At the same time that the money has tightened, original ideas have become harder to sell. The prestige-cable days of “Mad Men” and “Nurse Jackie” became the prestige-streaming era of “The Handmaid’s Tale” and “Stranger Things,” which has given way to the algorithm-and-I.P.-fuelled hellscape of superheroes, mergers, and HBO Max becoming plain old Max. More shows are headlined by movie stars, who come with large salaries and constricted schedules. Nabers doubts that “Swarm” would get green-lighted now, even though it just got through a year ago. “Right now, especially with the strike looming, people are afraid of weird stuff,” she said. “They want ‘Yellowstone.’ They want ‘This Is Us.’ Those shows are great, but not everyone wants to write that show.” Lila Byock, who has written for the HBO series “The Leftovers” and “Watchmen” (and had previously been a New Yorker fact checker), lamented, “What the streamers want most right now is ‘second-screen content,’ where you can be on your phone while it’s on. Or you can write an original script everyone loves, and then it’s, like, ‘Ooh, we can’t make this, but please take your pick of our upcoming Batman projects!’ ”

Wrapped up in the economic issues and creative stasis is a sense that TV writing just isn’t that fun anymore. “It’s become a grind at every level,” Jacqmin said. Most writers’ rooms have gone virtual—a pandemic necessity that has become a cost-saving norm—draining the camaraderie that used to help writers learn from one another, feel vulnerable enough to pitch personal story ideas, or just vent. “We always had a Ping-Pong table near the writers’ room, and on every break we would have these completely bare-knuckle tournaments,” Byock said, of her previous jobs. “That was part of what made it feel fun to go to work. It felt like we were really building something together. It wasn’t just a punch-the-clock job. And, when you’re on Zoom, working on a show that you don’t even know whether or not is going to be greenlit—it’s just a completely contingent situation—it’s very hard to get to that place.”

For newer writers, there’s a sense of having shown up at the party too late. Alex O’Keefe, who is twenty-eight, grew up poor in Florida and worked as a speechwriter for the senators Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey and as Green New Deal campaign director before getting staffed on FX’s “The Bear.” “It should be this beautiful rags-to-riches story, right?” he told me. “Unfortunately, I realized not all that glitters is gold.” During his nine weeks working in the writers’ room for “The Bear,” over Zoom, he was living in a tiny Brooklyn apartment with no heat; sometimes his space heater would blow the power out, and he’d bring his laptop to a public library. (He was never flown to set.) He thought that he was making a lot of money, but, after reps’ fees and taxes, it didn’t add up to much. “It’s a very regular-degular, working-class existence,” he said. “And the only future I’m seeking financially is to enter that middle class, which has always been rarified for someone who comes from poverty.”

Last month, “The Bear” won the W.G.A. Award for Comedy Series. O’Keefe went to the ceremony with a negative bank account and a bow tie that he’d bought on credit. He’s now applying for jobs at movie theatres to prepare for the potential strike. “A lot of people assume that, when you’re in a TV writers’ room, you sit around a table, and you just dream together,” he said. “With ‘The Bear,’ I learned from these masters that, if you are given a poo poo sandwich, you can dress that up and make it a Michelin-star-level dish. And they were consistently given poo poo sandwich after poo poo sandwich.” He recalled one of the executive producers apologizing to him. “She said, ‘I’m so sorry this is your first writers’-room experience, because it’s not usually like this. It shouldn’t be like this.’ I don’t even know the alternative. I thought we would be treated more like collaborators on a product. It’s like an assembly line now.” ♦

----

So yes, there is a looming deadline for the WGA's contract with the AMPTP, expiring at midnight, and word is that the outlook isn't optimistic. I'm going to be speaking in an editorial fashion because it's easier and I have no obligations for objectivity.

https://twitter.com/beingjanine/status/1653093149928218624

It isn't hard to see what's going on here. Netflix et al have effectively gig-economy'd the writers' room (please see the aforementioned New Yorker article). They have scripts for entire series written before they're even greenlit for production and have tons of content ready to produce. Thankfully the other unions appear ready to stand in solidarity with the WGA, so good luck getting those shows shot.

https://twitter.com/bittrscrptreadr/status/1653102324305510400

Preface: I stand in support with the WGA and welcome this strike, if for no other reason than it is a long time coming, and also I need the fuckin break. I have so much TV and movies to catch up on.

Sadly I fear that this strike will not have a good outcome. Netflix is probably happy that this is happening, as it stands to hurt the nets most. NBC's woes in selling air time in late night have been written about by me in prior posts.

My takeaway is that Netflix sees this as a moment to expedite the death of OTA/trad tv. Hopefully the other unions form ranks and force Netflix to acquiesce or at least go full scab, and that they suffer the consequences. Also i hope it takes two-four months so I can chew through this mountain of Blu-rays that have been stacking up :shepicide:

---

I'll post more thoughts on SNL later

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

pwn posted:

I stand in support with the WGA and welcome this strike, if for no other reason than it is a long time coming, and also I need the fuckin break. I have so much TV and movies to catch up on.
but if everyone's in that boat how will this possibly resolve?

In 2007 Netflix and Hulu existed but they must've had 1/10 or 1/100 of the library available for streaming now. What's gonna force the issue if people can just sit at home following up on stuff they missed?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sivart13 posted:

In 2007 Netflix and Hulu existed but they must've had 1/10 or 1/100 of the library available for streaming now. What's gonna force the issue if people can just sit at home following up on stuff they missed?

Ad revenue will likely force the issue. Can't imagine Hulu and other platforms with ad based subscriptions can get the same ad rates & revenue out of 20 year old episodes of TV shows vs what they get from running new TV shows.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Sivart13 posted:

Oh I should clarify that Netflix has never and will never receive a dollar from me, and I rarely ever even use the login my friend gave me. My queue is physical media and other.

pwn
May 27, 2004

SNL officially canceled UFN

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/snl-shuts-down-writers-strike-1235477988/amp/

Sucks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pay the drat writers you greedy bastards. If your company makes a dollar in profit that's a dollar you're taking from the workers.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I was really looking forward to the Pete Davidson episode. Bad timing for him and us.

I'm glad the Writers Guild is playing hardball though. Unions need to flex their power, and the requests they're making sound incredibly reasonable.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I wish they would just do one episode where they let their cast flex their improv skills with absolutely zero writing. Just start putting people in costumes and sending them out on stage and reuse old sets or something. Just one. Then go dark.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

carticket posted:

I wish they would just do one episode where they let their cast flex their improv skills with absolutely zero writing. Just start putting people in costumes and sending them out on stage and reuse old sets or something. Just one. Then go dark.

given how Lorne feels about going off script I feel like SNL orientation involves beating any improv skills out of new cast members

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We deserve better improv than the tortured souls repeating gags until the warboss is satisfied there's nothing too funny or natural left in it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://variety.com/2023/tv/awards/snl-kieran-culkin-jennifer-coolidge-hosts-1235603430/

The final lineup for May was set to be as follows:

May 6: Pete Davidson with Lil Uzi Vert
May 13: Kieran Culkin with Labrinth
May 20: Jennifer Coolidge with Foo Fighters

Pour one out for those shows

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

drat, each one of those would have been fun. Still, gently caress the studios.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
They'll just make season 49 23 episodes, like the last strike

I think I'm weirdly about to hit the strike era in my rewatch, approaching season 33

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight's rerun is Jenna Ortega with The 1975 btw. It's on rn. Decent episode.

I was thinking of making a strike time thread. Kinda would suck to just use this one for likely four months.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

pwn posted:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/awards/snl-kieran-culkin-jennifer-coolidge-hosts-1235603430/

The final lineup for May was set to be as follows:

May 6: Pete Davidson with Lil Uzi Vert
May 13: Kieran Culkin with Labrinth
May 20: Jennifer Coolidge with Foo Fighters

Pour one out for those shows

gently caress

i hope we dont miss out on Jennifer Coolidge

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

pwn posted:

Kinda would suck to just use this one for likely four months.

I mean, you could just PM a mod for a title change. It's not like this thread gets a ton of traffic.

SNL Dark: The Weeks That Weren't.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Timby posted:

I mean, you could just PM a mod for a title change. It's not like this thread gets a ton of traffic.

SNL Dark: The Weeks That Weren't.

As absolutely stupid as it sounds, I treat these as historical records, so I am hesitant to change thread titles. This is and will continue to be the thread for the sixth block of shows in season 48. I have had to dig through the archives to find a specific post more than a few times and having thread titles match their contents matters.

That said I'm not gonna make a new one. This one stays and like the last thread of each season before it, the title stays the same throughout the summer. Summer's just a month longer, this time.

Edit: Re: Archive digging, one recent example I can think of was over holiday break, I was compiling a master list of Vintage airings, and I was quite grateful that I had habitually listed them each week. Except in season 4... but that's another story.

pwn fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 7, 2023

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

pwn posted:

As absolutely stupid as it sounds, I treat these as historical records, so I am hesitant to change thread titles. This is and will continue to be the thread for the sixth block of shows in season 48. I have had to dig through the archives to find a specific post more than a few times and having thread titles match their contents matters.

That said I'm not gonna make a new one. This one stays and like the last thread of each season before it, the title stays the same throughout the summer. Summer's just a month longer, this time.

Edit: Re: Archive digging, one recent example I can think of was over holiday break, I was compiling a master list of Vintage airings, and I was quite grateful that I had habitually listed them each week. Except in season 4... but that's another story.

You are a strange, strange person ... but I admire your commitment.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I love these threads and their meticulous nature and will follow this train to wherever it goes, pwn.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I had wondered why there wasn't just one megathread for SNL but I see now there is some critical recordkeeping and organizing going on I was unaware of and als o idont htink i have search or archives

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Weekend update really made the entire show an entire american history course.. there are so many little news pieces over the years that I forgot about until they mention it on update on my s1-37 rewatch

It also makes you realize you only have a small window of knowing the musical acts, there were so many 70s and 80s bands that I didn't know..and then anything after like season 41/42. Makes you feel very out of touch with pop culture.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've never picked a musical era to post up in so I don't usually feel clueless when it comes to SNL guests except for the occasional artist just so intensely for a group that doesn't include me that I understand why I hadn't heard of them, usually paired with not going to hear them as I skip ahead.

It's definitely a time capsule show. Frustrating at times just because it's like a historical trainwreck that you already know never gets fixed and turns into some hosed up Trainwreck Kaiju terrorizing the city -- paired with SNL softballs teasing this thing they don't even know how much worse it'll get.

I'm pretty quick to skip modern Weekend Updates when I'm not feeling it but the historic ones have this extra layer of future sight that makes them more amusing even when I forget a week-to-week minor scandal reference.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Khanstant posted:

I've never picked a musical era to post up in so I don't usually feel clueless when it comes to SNL guests except for the occasional artist just so intensely for a group that doesn't include me that I understand why I hadn't heard of them, usually paired with not going to hear them as I skip ahead.

I found that once I moved into the everything-on-demand method of consumption instead of the network TV/radio model (for like a decade at least now?) I totally lost touch with current pop music. It's not even a bad price to pay for having agency in what I want to see or hear so I'm good with it, but drat does it make me feel old.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I know most of the artists that are picked, even if I often don’t care for them. It seems they’re more pushing for demographics that I can’t imagine would watch SNL otherwise these days and probably catch their performances on YouTube or whatever. Felt like previous decades covered wider genres rather than fulfilling a quota of getting 6 country artists, 4 rappers etc.

Take more risks Lorne, I know RATM bit you in the rear end but it gave people something to talk about!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
gotta say the writer strike's got me missin Bowen Yang as indicted federal criminal representive George Santos

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

EL BROMANCE posted:

Take more risks Lorne, I know RATM bit you in the rear end but it gave people something to talk about!

Having Steve Forbes host was real wack though. Pandering to rich assholes with no chance of a party nomination and the charm of a IRS worker was baffling. They were right to be angry at how tone-deaf it all was, and the only song they got to do was a banger so whatever.

e: It really wasn't worth the real person and their cast counterpart segment...mark mckinney did what he could bless him

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 10, 2023

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The season 4 DVDs my parents gave me taught me that DEVO has many better songs than just "Whip It"

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igQgl4udHfE

Ehh. It's fine as far as 90-second ads are concerned.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I thought they didn’t do sponsored content… :colbert:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I thought they didn’t do sponsored content… :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejVs7I5y4QQ

pwn
May 27, 2004

Like this T-Mobile ad, those were commercials, they were in the commercial blocks and not formally in the body of the show. A 60-second version of this T-Mobile ad led off the first break on last night's Quinta Brunson rerun. The main reason it looks like original branded content is that it's being uploaded to the SNL YT channel. T-Mobile has had a sponsorship with the show, both on-air and online... think of it more like those "Citi Concert Series" on TODAY, or the currently-defunct Jimmy Kimmel Live Concert Series, sponsored by Mercedes-Benz in its last few years. For SNL, T-Mobile has ad buys in every episode, prominent placement, and online they have ad prerolls without skip options, and some of the uploads are billboarded by T-Mobile. Some content gets uploaded to the T-Mobile channel for a period before being uploaded to the SNL channel, or is on the T-Mobile Twitter before it's on the SNL channel.

But it isn't what has been traditionally defined as original branded content, or product placement. It's an explicit sponsorship. The lines are blurrier online, OTA they are strictly relegated to ad buys in breaks. I acknowledge that this is a matter of semantics, but them's the breaks. According to the show (and I personally have my doubts but without any evidence to the contrary, I have to take them at their word) they never got their OBC program off the ground. Sponsorships are a different and much more traditional form of advertising on TV. SNL has had billboards for decades.

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1657911864238514177

Also I neglected to mention for the record that last night's Vintage was Oscar Isaac with Charli XCX from March 5 2022. And next week's (presumably S9 finale) episode will be Paul Rudd with DJ Khaled from May 18 2019. The regular repeat will be Molly Shannon with Jonas Brothers.

This fall, NBC has the rights to Big Ten college feetball games, and will be airing games every Saturday night at 7:30/6:30c. See the new schedule at the bottom of this Deadline article

https://deadline.com/2023/05/nbc-fall-2023-schedule-night-court-law-order-organized-crime-la-brea-1235364781/

This means that Vintage S10 would likely be delayed until this CFB bullshit ends in January 2024, if it happens at all. So enjoy next week's episode, it will be the last for a while, in not the last ever.

pwn
May 27, 2004

And just for fun, have that full commercial break.

https://twitter.com/gecafe/status/1657912360135278596

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
bring back Mister Salty.

watching some 2014 SNL today and lmao all these skits about ebola and Obama administration response to it. yall aint even know het

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh yes, and NBC has been lining up advertisers for the still-16-months-away 50th season of SNL. It was revealed at this week's upfronts, heavily-protested by the WGA, that the 50th anniversary celebration will air Sunday February 16th 2025, which is the same weekend the 40th aired (2015.02.15).

https://twitter.com/tvcancelbeast/status/1658123489063174145

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amFbRc6CgX4

An unskippable T-Mobile preroll on a BtS video for a T-Mobile commercial :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I was hoping with the show off and the writers strike JAJ would've taken to Twitter or Tiktok to blather on about Zelda nonsense in the vein of one of his older Trump impression videos but no such luck.

I did take the opportunity to grab tickets to see him in a couple months so hopefully that is fun