Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I couldn't imagine leaving my car outside in the, um, wind.

Around here you bring your car inside to protect it from tree pollen and growing moss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Quick Google says biggest source of monoxide poisoning and potential source of benzene which will be pulled into the house generally due to pressure differentials.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Coasterphreak posted:

Seems like a good idea, just a lil wind, nbd

How else is he going to get a million likes on his social media channels?

I swear, if i'm ever in a survivable airline accident and someone in front of me is filming as we evacuate in the hopes of LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE, I'm bludgeoning them to death with their phone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mlmp08 posted:

Parking inside a garage is great. So many neighbors treat it as a place to store poo poo, and it makes no sense. People with legit woodworking or other hobby spaces in the garage, sure, but leaving their cars outside for hail, wind, etc, is so weird.

Yeah I live in San Diego where we don't get weather* but we get lots of sun which means your car will be ridiculously hot if you leave it outside for any appreciable length of time.

*does not apply to 2023 lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Parking inside a garage is great. So many neighbors treat it as a place to store poo poo, and it makes no sense. People with legit woodworking or other hobby spaces in the garage, sure, but leaving their cars outside for hail, wind, etc, is so weird.

7/10 of the garages in my neighborhood are just closets. The one house I'll give credit to is the guy who runs a lawn care business and locks his tools and machines in the garage rather than leave them on trailers outside.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Elviscat posted:

I couldn't imagine leaving my car outside in the, um, wind.

Around here you bring your car inside to protect it from tree pollen and growing moss.

Aren’t you near me? I have an old car I park outside my house, and motherfucking tree pollen from one of my giant rear end, one day going to destroy my house, trees makes it look like a bumble bee.

I’d park it in my garage but we park the newer vehicles in there.

gently caress the south. And gently caress tree sperm.

Let’s call it what it is.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
gently caress conifers.

I hate those piece of poo poo primitive plants that never took the initiative to develop a symbiotic relationship with insects, so they jizz metric tonnes of pollen hither and yon in hopes that a lady tree will catch a single speck of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcCoqf-acs

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Hey now, those trees are living their best life.
:gizz:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Let the trees! cum where they want!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Midjack posted:

Looks like Marin will out as PM of Finland; her party didn't do so well in the election. More conservative nationalists, just what we need!

Sadly, yes. Depending on how things fall now in the negotiations for a new government she might be a minister in the next one but she won't be the PM.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

The ods thing is that her party gained seats but the right wing ones gained more. For the PM's party to not lose seats is unusual, to say the least. Other parties in coalition with hers lost by quite a lot.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So maybe because she personally was so popular, her party just cannibalized votes from the other parties in their bloc? So while the governing parties as a whole lost seats as is apparently usual, the PM's party escaped this fate by just taking in votes from ideologically close parties due to her high popularity?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Aren’t you near me? I have an old car I park outside my house, and motherfucking tree pollen from one of my giant rear end, one day going to destroy my house, trees makes it look like a bumble bee.

I’d park it in my garage but we park the newer vehicles in there.

gently caress the south. And gently caress tree sperm.

Let’s call it what it is.

Probably not? I'm in the PNW. My yard and parking situation look like this.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Elviscat posted:

I get you and another guy mixed up. I don’t know what kind of tree it is near my car but it’s gigantic, and this time of year it becomes a pollen nightmare.

I pay to have some guy come out and clean the caked on pollen off a few times a year because there’s just no staying ahead of it myself.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Elviscat posted:

I just noticed some evergreens dropping pollen today on bangor. Bleh.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

Torrannor posted:

So maybe because she personally was so popular, her party just cannibalized votes from the other parties in their bloc? So while the governing parties as a whole lost seats as is apparently usual, the PM's party escaped this fate by just taking in votes from ideologically close parties due to her high popularity?

Possibly. We are in for a ride when it comes to forming a government.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

I just noticed some evergreens dropping pollen today on bangor. Bleh.

Bangor is like 90% evergreens by land area. Good luck!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I get you and another guy mixed up. I don’t know what kind of tree it is near my car but it’s gigantic, and this time of year it becomes a pollen nightmare.

I pay to have some guy come out and clean the caked on pollen off a few times a year because there’s just no staying ahead of it myself.

Something really cool about the South, despite the pine forests and pollen, I never got seasonal allergies, even with all the tree jizz in the swamp.

When I moved back here, Holy Jesus did I have a reckoning.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
BAH GAWD, THAT'S JOE ROGAN'S MUSIC

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1642868017338933252?t=FKJ34TWHH73Cg4KuTsWgnA&s=19

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1642866387059355652?t=qMSMJhHY42VMu1eTVAhqXA&s=19

I'm not really sure there will be a more skeezy athleticd-based company outside of LIV golf. Yeesh.

Edit: https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1642879866533031936?t=EQ9mOV-_1FXnU2QjZo7tpA&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 3, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

I use my garage for my heavy tools and machining equipment, plus spare engines and transmissions.

So yeah, I can't park in my garage.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Something is absolutely loving broken on twitter because the tweet icon is being replaced by a doge and random people are coming into everyone's Following tab, like how I am not following this hockey team:

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/1642948346770849792

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1642949677137162240

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is this meant to be his South African accent? Because bravo to them for being able to write in SeethAffrikeen, if so.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

Something is absolutely loving broken on twitter because the tweet icon is being replaced by a doge and random people are coming into everyone's Following tab, like how I am not following this hockey team:

Musk likely did this on purpose. He was/is a big supporter of the "dogecoin" and often likes that meme/character. It was bound to either be that or a hedgehog.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ASAPI posted:

Musk likely did this on purpose. He was/is a big supporter of the "dogecoin" and often likes that meme/character. It was bound to either be that or a hedgehog.

It's speculated, possibly correctly, that this was an April Fools joke that was done two days too late because it would be very appropriate for his managerial style.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

facialimpediment posted:

Lol Vancouver Whitecaps are an MLS soccer team. Not a very good one but they are one of the 29.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hekk posted:

Lol Vancouver Whitecaps are an MLS soccer team. Not a very good one but they are one of the 29.

woops

But what seems to be happening is that the "retweeted by" is broken on desktop, so randomly this is in my feed when it was retweeted by someone else:

https://twitter.com/freddurst/status/1642876267480350722?t=0AorYwGXuTGzXAFa-OLZ1A&s=19

so poo poo's super-broken again and it's pretty wild

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I know drat well Elon Musk didn't pay any royalties for using Kabosu's image.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hekk posted:

We need an NBA team again so we can have even more major league sports to be bad at :v:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hate to interrupt "Elon is a moron" and "I park my car in a car hole" chat but this is one of the stupidest loving takes I've seen in a while.

https://twitter.com/combatcavscout/status/1642965745876213783?s=46&t=qkLqegFdEqINeFeUz_b8fw

I gave the oped the benefit of the doubt at first thinking they were arguing that congress should reign in the bureaucracy of the VA or something like that. Nope, straight up arguing that we should cut veterans benefits and start taxing disability payments. loving incredible.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Handsome Ralph posted:

Hate to interrupt "Elon is a moron" and "I park my car in a car hole" chat but this is one of the stupidest loving takes I've seen in a while.

https://twitter.com/combatcavscout/status/1642965745876213783?s=46&t=qkLqegFdEqINeFeUz_b8fw

I gave the oped the benefit of the doubt at first thinking they were arguing that congress should reign in the bureaucracy of the VA or something like that. Nope, straight up arguing that we should cut veterans benefits and start taxing disability payments. loving incredible.

Cowards can’t even put their name on the article.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

“lawmakers should consider means-testing disability benefits for veterans who are high earners. “

Woof

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Handsome Ralph posted:

Veterans might like benefits and health care, but it's fiscal responsibility that they really fought for!

This is like "We should slash education and social spending because what our kids really want is a lower budget deficit"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Isn’t that just a rehash of the CBO report?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Handsome Ralph posted:

The Bonus Army made President Hoover feel unsafe & General Douglas MacArthur had no choice but to send tanks against their children.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Tell me who wrote it.
I just wanna talk.
Motherfucker wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight, but gently caress that kid who got maimed to get an art degree?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Stultus Maximus posted:

Veterans might like benefits and health care, but it's fiscal responsibility that they really fought for!

This is like "We should slash education and social spending because what our kids really want is a lower budget deficit"

Military should be run like a business so we don't waste so much money

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Bring back looting and pillaging at the boots on the ground level and let the soldiers bring back their retirement after a successful campaign.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Is our eagerness to jump dick-first into unwinnable quagmires an unsustainable military cost?

No... no, it's the veterans' benefits that are wrong.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is the report they’re apparently paraphrasing without attribution except indirectly: https://www.cbo.gov/budget-options/58631

Kind of a bizarre thing to do?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Is our eagerness to jump dick-first into unwinnable quagmires an unsustainable military cost?

No... no, it's the veterans' benefits that are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Tell me who wrote it.
I just wanna talk.
Motherfucker wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight, but gently caress that kid who got maimed to get an art degree?

Guarantee you that dude has opinions about compulsory military service.