Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
lifetime appointment :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Unfortunately, Joe Biden can't even call them out effectively, since there's definitely something shady with Hunter Biden as well :(

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Torrannor posted:

Unfortunately, Joe Biden can't even call them out effectively, since there's definitely something shady with Hunter Biden as well :(

Wouldn't even matter if he could. They'd just lamprey on to something else. It would require a devoted, concerted effort by so many people that would have to stick their necks out. Not saying its impossible, but if I were 65 and rich, I'd probably take a couple of beats before sending the opening salvo.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if those conservative justices did this kind of poo poo on purpose to potentially challenge the constitutionality of those disclosure requirements .

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Roberts gonna be on the news crying about people not respecting the court :qq:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We all knew everyone who runs the country is sellout scum, it's just helpful to see what the going rate is.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The only time we impeached a justice was before the civil war

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

The only time we impeached a justice was before the civil war

Abe Fortas resigned in 1969 under threat of impeachment. The process was underway, he just short-circuited it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Looks like pancreatic cancer is what got Jerry Springer; he hadn't publicized it before he died.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Midjack posted:

Looks like pancreatic cancer is what got Jerry Springer; he hadn't publicized it before he died.

Man, gently caress cancer.

RIP.

CommieGIR posted:

Roberts gonna be on the news crying about people not respecting the court :qq:

Don't worry he's already got WSJ dipshits out here peddling "We can't open the can of worms that are ethics investigations and oversight bodies!!!" poo poo takes

https://twitter.com/PostOpinions/status/1652212143930867712?s=20

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 29, 2023

Janky The Clown
Jan 13, 2015

Midjack posted:

We all knew everyone who runs the country is sellout scum, it's just helpful to see what the going rate is.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Deteriorata posted:

Abe Fortas resigned in 1969 under threat of impeachment. The process was underway, he just short-circuited it.

He resigned after Nixon's AG threatened it, because Nixon wanted the court to swing right; it was not a slam dunk.

Fortas had accepted much less money and recused himself from matters pertaining to Wolfson, and there had been precedent for his actions.

Nixon's AG was later tried and convicted for their involvement in Watergate.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 29, 2023

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The White House Correspondents' Dinner was tonight and the only highlight I'm going to post is what made me absolutely yell at the screen:

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1652502974441091072

I do wonder which staffer told him about Dark Brandon (months ago) and how awkward that discussion had to be.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

The White House Correspondents' Dinner was tonight and the only highlight I'm going to post is what made me absolutely yell at the screen:

https://twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1652502974441091072

I do wonder which staffer told him about Dark Brandon (months ago) and how awkward that discussion had to be.

*voice of SCV ordered to melee an ultralisk* this is your plan?!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1652506986792079362?s=20

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

:drat:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1652694534403289091?s=46

I have to admit, I didn’t expect to see Noam Chomsky in there as someone who met with Epstein.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1652694534403289091?s=46

I have to admit, I didn’t expect to see Noam Chomsky in there as someone who met with Epstein.

It feels :tinfoil: but surprising Bill Gates is still a mostly respectable public figure despite his high profile marriage breaking up as he refused to stop hanging out with Epstein even after it was known Epstein was up to no good and Gates’ wife was very insistent that he stop. Guessing a heckuva lot of PR dollars were thrown around to stop that from being mentioned whenever he does a Reddit AMA or has opinions about public schools.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1652507121508921344?t=zvmAyNEZPPlU-DSuMvSxGQ&s=19

:drat:

That's both 2020 presidential candidates who have now asserted he might be in the closet, for those keeping track at home.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I guess it's funny to make fun of him potentially being closeted? I figured they'd make jokes about DeSantis being into BDSM (being dominated by some mouse) :dadjoke:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
hell yeah it's funny to make fun of him for maybe being closeted! there's absolutely NOTHING problematic and totally inappropriate or irresponsible about that!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
DeSantis’ sexuality is torture.

I don’t mean that he’s tortured inside. I mean that he gets his rocks off when he inflicts pain on nonconsenting people.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The joke isn't that DeSantis is closeted, the joke is that DeSantis so anti-LGBT that even the thought of "man dates" causes him to recoil in horror and go ban more books and/or a drag show to feel better.

You know, like the hyper-bros that claim "I AIN'T INTO ANY OF THAT GAY poo poo" when they're asked if they want a bud light at party. That's not what they were asking you about, you homophobic chud gently caress!

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
What makes people think Ron DeSantis is a closeted gay man? I don't think I've ever heard that suggested before

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
He was in the Navy, OP.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

hell yeah it's funny to make fun of him for maybe being closeted! there's absolutely NOTHING problematic and totally inappropriate or irresponsible about that!

I know you’re always in a state of meltdown but this ain’t it chief

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
"Mandate? That sounds gay." has been a political dad joke since at least the reign of Bush II, and probably quite a bit earlier than that.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
To be fair, my first thought was that it was a pretty distasteful joke.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I forgot that the best jokes are the ones that require other people to explain how it is actually cool, good and not about what it could be easily mistaken for, thanks

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Who said any of that?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Platystemon posted:

He was in the Navy, OP.

right, but closeted?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile, in our geopolitical rival...

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Recently China banned women from selling lingerie online so all the douyin (Chinese tiktok) lingerie merchants have to get men to cross dress to sell them

https://twitter.com/MothershipSG/status/1631855843053551616

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They can't even be bothered to put in falsies?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Crab Dad posted:

spoken like a true sailor

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TheWeedNumber posted:

spoken like a true sailor

Any port in a storm.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crab Dad posted:

Guy on the left doesn't seem to need 'em.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Are they taking job applications?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Just gonna keep this in mind I hear some dumbass talking about how our military is hosed because every Gen Z recruit is too busy being nonbinary and woke to train or fight.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A much cleaner bank failure just finally happened:

https://twitter.com/kensweet/status/1652991319101300736?t=mcOn3P04MrtiuDYbuw5Ixw&s=19

Generally how the Feds want these things to go down - a bank simply buys the dying bank. First Republic was stabilized by the $30B other banks shoved in, but their books were too far of a wreck to be saved. Their big strategy was low-cost loans to the rich. The rich rarely ever defaulted, but those tiny yields were exactly wrong for a high interest rate, bank runny type environment.

Nobody wants to buy those loans when they get a better rate out of Treasury bonds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/onlybangerseth/status/1652775371182424065?s=46

We are so not ready for AI.