Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

bub spank posted:

I feel like this about the Sens too. They made it competitive until the last few weeks of the season, and did so without their #1 centre for the entire year, and without their #1 goalie for long stretches of the season, including for the entirety of this current slump that wrecked their playoff hopes. They've got their core locked up for the next few years, that core only got better as the year went on, and there's no more obvious boat anchors on D like Zaitsev. Tkachuk and Stutzle both look like legitimate first liners, with Stutzle on pace for ~95 points and 40 goals, and Tkachuk over PPG. Next season's depth chart looks like this:

I think that in any other division, that lineup is either in the playoffs or comfortably in the wild card race. I think that in the Atlantic (and the East in general), it'll genuinely be a tossup, because there's 4 legitimately good teams in Boston/Tampa/Toronto/Florida, and then another team (Buffalo) in the exact same spot as Ottawa, trying to break in.

I have a really bad feeling they’re gonna try flipping Brannstrom this summer, guy isn’t going to get pp time behind Chabot/Sandy/Chychrun and he legitimately deserves more icetime with the way he’s played this season.

He’ll be cheap to keep on a 2-year deal, and everyone knows Chychrun is gonna miss his token 30+ games a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/CraigSMorgan/status/1643706663894130695?s=20

It would be so NHL for the Coyotes to win the draft lottery

I too, have had enough of Phoenix’s Bullying Bureaucrats

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
This “hazardous, un-lined Tempe landfill?” Arizona Taxpayers should pay to build a sports and entertainment district on it and we’re suing for billions

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 6, 2023

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

th3t00t posted:

Skinner Tage Tuch
Peterka Cozens Quinn
Mittlestadt Krebs Olofsson
Greenway C4 RW4

Expiring Forward contracts:

Okposo - I want him to retire so the Sabres don't think of bringing him back
Girgs - Would be happy to re-sign him. Shot suppression grinder 4th line type.
Jost - Fine as a 13/14th forward
Hinestroza - We can do better as a 13th/14th forward

Would like to see the Sabres move Olofsson in the offseason.

Samuelsson + Dahlin
Power + RD2
Bryson/Stillman + Boosh/Jokiharju

Haula, Tatar, Garnet Hathaway.

Ryan Graves, Connor Clifton, Gudas, Mayfield. We need complimentary players for Power.

Sign a good veteran goalie for next 1-2 seasons, Varlomov, Anderson. Throw a $4.2m aav offer sheet at Swayman to force Boston to lose him or spend cap they don't have. If Swayman signs it, it only costs a 2nd rounder.

It’s funny how many teams are missing that steady top-4 RD and would pay a ton of assets to address it, but last summer John Marino got traded for fuckin Ty Smith lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I hate Ron Hextall so loving much. Matt Dumba is best available to fill that role on UFA market IMO. Then you're at like Klingberg (yikes) or Severson's wild ride.

Klingberg and his agent are absolute jabronis for turning down that rumored Dallas extension. Whole league knows I’m horrible defensively and won’t sign me to a huge deal? Let me “bet on myself” and sign a 1-year Prove It deal with the worst defensive team in the league

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Cam Talbot giving so little of a poo poo down the stretch that he’s healthy scratched tonight lol. The balls of this guy asking for $5mil+

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Letting the coach responsible for five straight first round exits run your front office as well seems like a good idea, lets give Sully a chanc

It’s like promoting Sheldon Keefe to GM

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

T-Bone posted:

https://twitter.com/CJTDevil/status/1644332292729364480

hope for tiny goalies everywhere, may he and Wolf open the door back up

It’s not fair that some franchises search for a starting goalie for decades, meanwhile Nashville transitions seamlessly from Vokoun -> Rinne -> Saros

If they ever learn how to draft a scoring forward Nashville could be dangerous. Last time they tried was Tolvanen, and lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Speaking of Nashville, doing the Preds fans goalie taunt on a local politician owns

https://twitter.com/thetnholler/status/1644012806620979201?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Giroux hit 1,001 career points tonight after a 3 point night, one goal away from 35 goals which would be a career high.

Can’t believe they kept fuckin DJ Smith on all year and wasted this unbelievable age 35 season from Claude

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/lisawallace29/status/1645621853526929409?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Claude & sons

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1645632208592416771?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Incredible job by Regina having the best WHL player in like 30 years and not even trying to build the team into a contender.

He’ll be right at home in Arizona

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

And where did dementia Rutherford end up? I can only dream of feeling disappointed when my team doesn't make the playoffs. It'll be a minimum of 9 years between home playoff games for the Canucks and I don't think anyone would be surprised in the least if that stretches to ten after next year.

74-years old and running a near-billion dollar sports franchise lol. The world has gone absolutely insane with old people refusing to let go of power

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Misanthrope posted:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1646144722099122176

I think bringing up the goalie who can potentially make a loving save BEFORE you get eliminated would have been the better strategy but I'm no expert.

So would putting Toffoli in the shootout instead of Nick Ritchie but c’est la vie

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/agretz/status/1646329332766326788?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Pretty hilarious list of talent that Hexy has acquired over his GM career. I can see Philly hiring him because they love hiring former players, but what did Pittsburgh see during his tenure there that made them hire him?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/freeagentwally/status/1646656285956292608?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Bold to go around saying this weeks before a sale lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Philly trying to shove a turd back up their butt

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

TSN is reporting that Debrincat doesn't want to stay in Ottawa and will probably be moved at the draft.

Pierre got Duchene’d again lol. Sucks because even though he wasn’t scoring he’s a really underrated passer, but if he’s not gonna stay better to flip him now

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/tsn1200/status/1646913575317823491?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

What was his job this year

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Edit: Guentzel is viewed as a product of Sid. He also has a giant pile of ENGs which eeehhhhh

Honestly it’s mostly this for me. Watching Pens games you appreciate how good he is at getting his shot off, but my brain automatically puts him in the Chris Kunitz Zone from riding shotgun with Sidney

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

Treliving out in Calgary.

I kinda feel for him, he got dealt a brutal hand last summer with Gaudreau walking and Tkachuk asking out. Knowing that ownership wasn’t going to OK a rebuild after a fantastic (regular) season he got a decent return for Tkachuk and then Kadri was signed to desperately try replace some of Johnnys offense.

Huberdeau’s production being cut almost in half and Markstrom suffering oiler-related ptsd were tough to see coming

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Jokinen
Jay Bo
Stephen Weiss
David Booth
Dadonov
gonna count Keith Ballard because his drop-off going to Vancouver is insane

Did I miss any other of the Panthers fools gold

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1648005400417935360?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Ahaha they’re locking him out of the locker room by November

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

32 Thoughts posted:

It’s also possible the Penguins ask the NHL about Stan Bowman’s status. Before Sullivan’s trajectory took off with his hiring at AHL Wilkes-Barre, he worked in the Blackhawks’ front office. They were going to work together on the 2022 US Olympic team before Bowman’s resignation. There are going to be a lot of names linked to western Pennsylvania.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-why-brad-treliving-and-the-flames-agreed-to-part-ways/

This league is just the loving worst

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Filip Gustavsson: 52 saves last night for an OT win

Cam Talbot: scratched down the stretch for Mads Sogaard and Dylan Ferguson

Thanks for signing Stützle to an 8x8 deal, but get the hell out of here Pierre

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
It’s cool that Bobby Clarke’s brain has been mashed potatoes since at least 2006 when he went on stage at the draft to announce Phillys pick and forgot Claude Girouxs name, and he has an important job in their front office for life lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
It’s gonna own when some 1% rear end in a top hat has $1bil pocket cash to buy the Ottawa Senators this summer but suddenly needs $600mil from taxpayers to finally build that stadium downtown for da fans 3 years down the road

Oh well, at least taxpayers will reap the benefits of this state of the art facility

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1651196169844936704?s=20

Still remember the wheels falling off in november 2017 after their trip to Sweden, this is a bad omen for next season

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Hope for Jets fans sakes that Chevyldayoff is fired and they blow up this core, something is deeply wrong with it

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Rick Bowness did a great job taking this roster to the playoffs, but it’s actually embarrassing that he was the only change that Chevy made to the team last summer lol

Also didn’t realize what an absolutely stacked prospect cupboard Anaheim has, the top defenseman from every league in the CHL and the highest chances for Bedard in the lottery

https://twitter.com/nhlupdate/status/1651661277209726976?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 28, 2023

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Watching the Jets top-6 is infuriating, if you’re going to be that lazy and awful defensively at least provide a little offense. Kyle Connor and Mark Scheifele are sick goalscorers but a drat near liability at 5 on 5 taking extra long shifts just gliding around. Dubois looked really good for a couple games before going back to looking disinterested. Blake Wheeler is Blake Wheeler. But the top-6 doesn’t score at all so what can ya do?

Bowness was brought in to try and change the culture of the locker room but it’s the same old Jets, and everybody knows they have to make big roster changes this summer and I don’t know if Chevyldayoff is capable of making them

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Murat Ates posted:

That’s not remotely extreme, but it’s more of an attempt at accountability than Paul Maurice’s era that preceded him.

Why invoke Maurice? I think some of the problems which faced Winnipeg this season — and which will follow it into the offseason — began under his watch. Scheifele is a great player whose Steve Yzerman moment was never going to come under a coach who promised him statues and Stanley Cups before he’d won a playoff game. Connor’s defence was not going to develop under a coach who once told me he barely needed to show Connor clips of his own zone.

Andrew Copp is very strong on the one side defensively but Kyle’s not far off that, with a huge upside to his offence,” Maurice told me in this one-on-one. “I bet you I’ve shown that guy nine, 10 defensive video clips since he’s been here. He just picks it up and he goes.”

https://twitter.com/wpgmurat/status/1651873651564883968?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Good article, gives a nice glimpse into how responsible Paul Maurice is for the Jets current troubles and locker room issues

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Ottawa missing the playoffs and not having a pick in the first two rounds in back to back years sucks rear end as a fan, especially now that DeBrincat is probably going to be traded.

At least they crushed the 2021 draft :v:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Eric the Mauve posted:

Hallander is young and therefore was never going to get a clear shot at consistent playing time under Sullivan. He probably made the right move for himself.

Luckily Sullivan has no pull in the front office having just missed the playoffs after 5 straight first round exits right

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Really thought taking the C away from Wheeler would fix all these issues

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

Dubois had a total "I don't give a poo poo get me out of here" expression afger he scored the goal that would've made it 4-2 before it wad overturned. Like you scored a goal that brought your team within two with time remaining, maybe show some interest in that?

Honestly, if I’m Montreal I want no part of signing this guy long-term when he goes UFA.

Has he been mailing it in for 60% of the games he’s played in Columbus/Winnipeg because he’s unhappy playing for any team other than Montreal? Then pull an Adam Fox and demand a trade there, because playing like a top-tier power forward in game 1 and then absolutely disappearing for 4 straight is cruel to those poor Jets fans

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Only two more years of carrying the $14.75mil dead cap hit for Suter and Parise’s buyout :v:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Reading the article with all the exit interview quotes from Jets players last season and it’s wild that the only change Kevin Chevyldayoff made was a new coach lol

Jets posted:

We can no longer call ourselves contenders,” Wheeler said. “I think we are one of those teams that is a fringe playoff team now.

“It’s up to everyone involved to look in the mirror and say, ‘Why? Why did we get to where we’re at?’ Like I said, first and foremost, it’s our responsibility as players to bring that type, that quality of play to the ice that we have a chance to contend and compete for a championship.”

Jets centre Paul Stastny sat beside Wheeler during the players’ last media availability after the game and was candid in his assessment.

“We’ve got to be held accountable — whether it’s player on player — and we’ve got to have more respect for each other,” Stastny said.

“When you don’t have that, when you don’t care about the teammate next to you — potentially — and you just care about what you’re doing or certain individual things, that starts bleeding into the game.”

….

Lowry said the team lacked consistency and changes are necessary.

“If I stay here and I stood up here today and said that we’re not going to make any changes, well, what we were doing didn’t work,” Lowry said.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/connors-47th-goal-rallies-jets-to-season-ending-win-over-kraken/sn-amp/

Fans of Canadian teams deserve better GMs

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/wpgmurat/status/1652323052271595520?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Good start to the summer for the Jets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/johnlutsnwpg/status/1652319976747941889?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Good lord