Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

This line of thinking gave the Canucks a decade of Benning. The draft guru who sucked at drafting. Sorry Pens fans.

That tweet with Hextall's work feels very Canuckian so my body is ready (for him to be GM for a long time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

wow, that was quick

Hand Knit posted:

How long was Hextall GM? I feel like it was only a very short time but the plague distorted all sense of time so I'm ready to hear it was five years.

2 years

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

found out you can click face on hockeydb to get more face

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

They already have to live in Winnipeg, isnt that suffering enough?

Also that team needs to fire Chevy right loving now or its going to end up back in Atlanta within the decade.

this tweet is so much better now two weeks later

https://twitter.com/NHLJets/status/1645864296608587776

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

god i love hockey

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

This game was just brought to my attention and it looks kind of neat and a fun way for us loser team fans to spend some of our summer

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1566200/Tape_to_Tape/

cause who doesnt want more hockey over the summer?

yeah it's pretty dang good so far to me, fun mash-up genre wise

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

kalensc posted:

YMMV but I will say that posting/reading in SAS threads & partaking in a chill fantasy league is a good way to enjoy the social elements of sports fandom without having to actually commit money or time to consuming the sporting events themselves.

gently caress Chicago, burn in hell Gary & Bowman & Wirtz & Q & so many others.

Yeah i actually get most of what i need from hockey with twitter gifs and SAS.

I kinda wish i had the time/motivation to watch hockey but like CBJSprague24 said, it ain't the late 2000's anymore.

I watched so much dang hockey back then. Weird Brooks Orpik avatar shall continue to watch over us all

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

this is it. it's finally time for a contemporary Daigle. seize the opportunity Bedard

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I'm just hoping that leafs list means the Pens have gone through them all and said nope already

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I don't recognize anybody on that Pens list except Tulsky because he was mentioned here before and honestly I consider that to be good.

Going after one of the failed GM's of the last decade seems like a bad idea.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Back surgery after just turning 20 is pretty grim unless it wasn't that invasive (i figure all back surgery kinda is?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Oh he'll be a fan favorite for sure