Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I've had my main Gmail account since 2007. In the last two months, I've had two people email me with a "Sorry, just seeing this! Your email went to spam" in the last couple months.

I know that doesn't sound like a lot but it's 2 more than I ever had in the Bush/Obama/Trump administrations. Both were simple 1-2 sentence emails. One was a cold email to a .edu email about a course; the other was my reply in a chain started by the other person where I responded to job interview times.

Anyone ever have this issue with a long established account on fairly not-spammy emails? Any changes I could make in my settings to prevent this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WerthersWay posted:

Anyone ever have this issue with a long established account on fairly not-spammy emails? Any changes I could make in my settings to prevent this?

Yeah, this has always been an issue. You can have an e-mail with a perfect reputation for many years but if a few people mark your e-mails down as spam you can start getting blocked.

It seems like things became worse during the pandemic as more and more people got even more online i.e. more legitimate e-mails getting blocked at the cost of blocking billions of scam e-mails.

You could do some e-mail tests with friends and confirm who is/isn't receiving e-mails. You might end up having to make another account.