Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Does anyone at Leeds have Gerrards number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

BBB: Bring Back Biesla

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Her Dryer posted:

Has Weston McKennie been a big fail, are there hordes of USMNT fans defending him with obscure stats.

He's been dogshit and the only upside to getting relegated would be that Leeds won't then have to sign him permanently

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

BBB: Bring Back Biesla

This!!!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
posted this in the other thread but the stage is set for an interim coach until the summer and then James Milner to return to his boyhood club as player/manager

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Would Bielsa come back? I know the fans still love him.

Come to think of it, I thought he would have gotten announced as Uruguay's manager by now. I wonder what's going on.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

vyelkin posted:

posted this in the other thread but the stage is set for an interim coach until the summer and then James Milner to return to his boyhood club as player/manager

Gambling the premier league appearance record on Leeds staying up? That's up there with Homer's bet on the super bowl

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

'lmao', but actually just shaking my head at how quickly the wheels have fallen off after it seemed like Gracia had put them back on

has anyone floated the idea that maybe leeds just have a team of both waste- and also garbage-men, and that pivoting through an increasingly obscure list of professional football managers may not be the critical factor here

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

has anyone floated the idea that maybe leeds just have a team of both waste- and also garbage-men, and that pivoting through an increasingly obscure list of professional football managers may not be the critical factor here

Actually the team is too good to go down. Now excuse me while I take a big drink of coffee and look at the wikipedia list of teams that were too good to go down (and what happened to them)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
God catching up with last night's MOTD and Klopp is such a oval office

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Hello, Klopp

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Actually the team is too good to go down. Now excuse me while I take a big drink of coffee and look at the wikipedia list of teams that were too good to go down (and what happened to them)

honestly would suggest that on paper both Everton and Leicester are also too good to go down, and Forest have spent all of the heroin-smuggling money on various unattached weirdos and Jesse Lingard (a man who will surely make Ten Hag eat his words any day now)

none of these clubs are being forced to play one, maybe even two, americans

dark days

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The common denominator between the now four managers Leeds have had in recent years (Bielsa, Marsch, Skubala for a few games, and now Gracia) is that almost all of the defenders are terrible. So of course to address this going into a relegation battle Orta spent 35 million on Weston McKennie (not a defender) and an 18 year old winger in the last transfer window, who was sold as a center forward and has barely played at all since arriving.

They did recruit Max Wober who has been pretty good, but the defense is so reliant on him that when he went down with injury in the international window that's when the 5-1, 6-1, and 4-1 drubbings started.

Edit: They picked up the phone

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1653154840124563464

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 1, 2023

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Her Dryer posted:

Has Weston McKennie been a big fail, are there hordes of USMNT fans defending him with obscure stats.

His PBwTABtM stats are off the charts
Plays Better with Tyler Adams Bossing the Midfield

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Crazy remembering that the game when Marsch’s Leeds destroyed Tuchel’s Chelsea was this season.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Season started with wins over Chelsea and Liverpool and ended with smashing the glass on the big sam alarm. A cautionary tale

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Also it is now Meltdown May so someone please make a thread for chronicling the final days of TRP

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Outsourcing your suicide note, shameful stuff op

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the sex ghost posted:

Season started with wins over Chelsea and Liverpool and ended with smashing the glass on the big sam alarm. A cautionary tale

Yeah but it's not like all your relegation rivals haven't also beaten Chelsea.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If allardyce manages to get a point or beat man city at the Etihad the season will be considered a success regardless of league position

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

If allardyce manages to get a point or beat man city at the Etihad the season will be considered a success regardless of league position

imagining a world where Sam Allardyce's Leeds beat Man City at the Etihad and in the process both avoid their own relegation and give the title to Arsenal

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Man City slipping up somewhere and Arsenal sneaking the title is one of the few ways left that Spurs’s season could still get worse so I think there’s at least some chance it could happen.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We need to see if the April version of Arsenal turn up tonight

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
No matter who wins the title or gets relegated, this has been a very funny season of football imo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa are getting Barcelona's sporting director, doing all the phwoars here.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

May the ebenings remain good

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Thanks Ants posted:

May the ebenings remain good

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

vyelkin posted:

imagining a world where Sam Allardyce's Leeds beat Man City at the Etihad and in the process both avoid their own relegation and give the title to Arsenal

Allardyce owes us one. Would be happy to see it.

Frankston posted:

Villa are getting Barcelona's sporting director, doing all the phwoars here.

Is he bringing the levers with him?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Handful of games left, does anyone think the 9-0 will be beat?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

sticksy posted:

No matter who wins the title or gets relegated, this has been a very funny season of football imo

This is true

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Thanks Ants posted:

honestly haaland might score 9 himself against leeds just to troll his dad, he seems to love winding him up

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Fat Frank posted:

“The first half we gave ourselves too much to do, we were very poor. You can’t lack energy and desire in the Premier League and we did. You can prepare as well as you want but if you turn up like that that’s another thing. It’s in the mind.

“I am very, very disappointed in the way we approached the first half because some things in football are basics. It is not tactics or systems, it is do you want to run, back your teammate out and sprint? Or do you want to jog and say ‘maybe I don’t have to run’ and we took that decision instead of the right one.”

- Frank Lampard, following Chelsea's 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on Dec 26th 2020

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Thanks Ants posted:

Chelsea still have to play City...

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

sticksy posted:

Haha, amazing

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Has anybody done Wank Shampard yet

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sticksy posted:

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pints of wine to Elland Road is a done deal

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1653693378373238785?s=20

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sticksy posted:

Lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol

https://archive.is/dXzfd

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Is it mathematically still possible for Chelsea to relegate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Ulio posted:

Is it mathematically still possible for Chelsea to relegate?

Yes. But would require Leicester, Leeds and Forest all to win 3 of their last 4 (among other things) so not really

If not for the 10 points Chelsea got under Tuchel this season, they would be in relegation zone right now. Lol