Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Jimmy Milner about to be kicking lumps out of a bunch of South American teenagers on the training pitch.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1653761162905804805?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
yeah, i'm sure frank lampard could get it done if chelsea were completely in control of their own destiny.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

skasion posted:

Yes. But would require Leicester, Leeds and Forest all to win 3 of their last 4 (among other things) so not really

If not for the 10 points Chelsea got under Tuchel this season, they would be in relegation zone right now. Lol

Yeah.

Chelsea have 5 games. 3 of them are against Man City, Newcastle and Man Utd so no points there.

So it's basically anything they can get from a desperate Forest or an in form Bournemouth.

They could easily have scored their last point. But their goal difference is still better than literally everyone below them.

So effectively Forest and Leeds would not just need 3 from 4 but also a draw in the remaining one. Leicester are only 6 goals behind so probably "just need 3".

Dudley fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 3, 2023

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Which club was Peak Big Sam?

Might be rose-tinted glasses or at least when I mostly became aware of him but probably has to be Bolton or Blackburn for me.

Bolton for getting in loads of former international stars on a budget like Jay Jay Okacha, Youri Djorkaeff, and 35 year old former captain of Real loving Madrid Fernando Hierro.

Blackburn for getting hired when they were jn the relegation spots and starting his reputation as a turn around manager to rescue a club to safety, while also emphasizing his love for massive fackin lads up front and absolute units like Big Chris Samba.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Definitely Bolton for me. Kevin Davies and El Hadji Diouf just fouling everyone, peak shithousery the likes we’ll never see again

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Honourable mention to leading the men's England team to a 100% win rate and then getting canned for a corruption scandal

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Definitely Bolton for me. Kevin Davies and El Hadji Diouf just fouling everyone, peak shithousery the likes we’ll never see again

Yeah its this for me

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Definitely this. Helped by Bolton having excellent Reebok kits at the time

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Absolutely Bolton. I still think of Bolton as the team that Big Sam managed even though that was like 15 years ago and they financially imploded and are in league 1 now.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Did Sunderland fire Big Sam or was Big Sam smart enough to leave on his own accord while the getting was good? I don't remember.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eric Cantonese posted:

Did Sunderland fire Big Sam or was Big Sam smart enough to leave on his own accord while the getting was good? I don't remember.

He resigned to become the most successful England manager of all time.

Also lmao Bolton were in fifth place when he left to manage Newcastle.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
He finished eighth with Everton in his one season managing them, too.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Advanced Stats:

Frank Lampard's managerial record in the 22/23 season:
* Record: (4-6-19)
* Points per match: 0.62

At Chelsea this season:
* Record: (0-0-6)
* Points per match: 0.0

The teams in the bottom three average {0.88, 0.85, 0.71} points per match. Lampard's personal average is worse than the average of the worst team, and you don't need a trophy to be the worst but he is the worst. None of the bottom three teams will likely get close to Chelsea's 39 points, even if Chelsea don't get another point this season.

In summary,

skasion posted:

If not for the 10 points Chelsea got under Tuchel this season, they would be in relegation zone right now. Lol

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

skasion posted:

Yes. But would require Leicester, Leeds and Forest all to win 3 of their last 4 (among other things) so not really

Its funny none on Sky are blaming Lampard but if this was anyone else than Frank they would be down his throat. I think since Frank took over Chelsea is the team with the worst record because Southampton got a draw vs Arsenal.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

he just needs time

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Is there a football club equivalent of "I can fix him"?

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
It's a major theme in my Jozy fan fic

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Ulio posted:

Its funny none on Sky are blaming Lampard but if this was anyone else than Frank they would be down his throat. I think since Frank took over Chelsea is the team with the worst record because Southampton got a draw vs Arsenal.

Yes, they are.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I said Chelsea would win 2 under Frank but it’s clear that that won’t happen. He should never manage again, but somehow will.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Why would he want to though? Surely his self esteem must have taken such a battering by his repeated managerial humiliations that he should just want to go and do punditry or play golf or something.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Maybe he's only managing Chelsea because someone suggested that John Terry would do it if he didn't agree

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I would like Frank to crash and burn again at Chelsea, then be unhireable in England for a bit so sets out to coach a lower league side on the continent or some garbage Asian team as that’s the only ones who will still hire him, pick up a comedy accent like Shteve McLaren and possibly some trendy facial hair, his team slowly improves and he gets a couple wins in an absolute cakewalk league.

Then when another opening at Chelsea happens, his previous tenures are somehow forgotten so they hire him again and he gets them relegated.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Haaland has a very casual 35 goals on the season with a few more games left to play

I hope he gets bored with Manchester soon

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Also Ivan Campo, Tal Ben Haim, and Le Sulk!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Absolute farce, lmao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Haaland has a very casual 35 goals on the season with a few more games left to play

I hope he gets bored with Manchester soon

He's 13 goals off Dixie Dean's record of 61 in all comps but idk if that includes champions league. They play sam allardyces leeds united (lol) on sat so still extremely attainable

e: wait no Dixie scored 60 goals just in the league which is wild. I mean not completely out of the realms of possibility for big Erl to manage it

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

TheRat posted:

Absolute farce, lmao

penalties exist on a spectrum

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

He's 13 goals off Dixie Dean's record of 61 in all comps but idk if that includes champions league. They play sam allardyces leeds united (lol) on sat so still extremely attainable

e: wait no Dixie scored 60 goals just in the league which is wild. I mean not completely out of the realms of possibility for big Erl to manage it
I wonder who has the better minutes per goal ratio? Dixie Dean wasn't getting subbed after an hour to get "rested". Back then you played until your legs fell off.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Has anyone called him Frank LLLLLLampard yet?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gambrinus posted:

I wonder who has the better minutes per goal ratio? Dixie Dean wasn't getting subbed after an hour to get "rested". Back then you played until your legs fell off.

Assuming Dean played 90 minutes every match he averaged a goal every 58 minutes (42 games, 65 goals). Haaland is averaging a goal every 68.5 minutes(his minutes played are on transfermarkt, 45 games, 51 goals). I'm including the Charity Shield in that since they both played 90 minutes, and Dean's goals are counted toward his season tally.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Haaland confirmed as a stat padding fraud, adding to the list

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

penalties ofc shouldn't count as a Goal Scored, it should count as a Penalty scored, so actually Haaland is crap and only scored 28 goals. Fraud

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

the sex ghost posted:

Haaland confirmed as a stat padding fraud, adding to the list

in other stat padding fraud news:
https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1653956864449871873

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

quote:

One afternoon on TalkSport Paul Hawksbee and I were discussing which manager would be best on horseback and came to the conclusion it would be Big Sam. “Have you ever ridden a horse?” I WhatsApped him, having not sent a message for years. Ping. “Yes. I rode a horse bare back in the Jamaican sea but I shat myself. Scary!”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/may/04/sam-allardyce-save-leeds-pep-guardiola

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its going to be great whne he loses all 4 matches and leeds stay up anyway and he gets the £3m

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jockeys are famously large and heavy

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheRat posted:

Jockeys are famously large and heavy

But if it’s jousting rather than racing, that’s probably an advantage

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

But if it’s jousting rather than racing, that’s probably an advantage

Now I'm just imagining that jousting scene in Game of Thrones between Loras Tyrell and the Mountain except the Mountain is Big Sam and he's wielding a three-liter flagon of Chardonnay instead of a lance

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Big Radahn Allardyce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

lmao what the gently caress