Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris Benoit is here
And he’s really mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My favorite moment in the draft is when Triple H got drafted to Raw and demanded to be traded back. Apparently Triple is worth two Dudley Boys and a Booker T.

I like the story about umaga being happy to be drafted to smackdown, thinking he would be away from triple h. only for h to then get traded to smackdown.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pylons posted:

PWInsider is reporting Rhea got injured in the backstage segment last week and may have to vacate the title.

Nooooooo 😭

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I forgot about the robot

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I always felt bad for Rob Stone in this lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Drakkel posted:

I forgot about the robot

What was it called? Beatus? It was something similar to the Fox football robot being Cleatus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wwe loving sucks

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

You can watch this gif over and over and see someone doing something new each time. I love the guy in the bottom right who doesn’t know what to do with his hands and the woman in red in the back whipping her hair around like crazy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Thanks for the explanations on the wwe draft. Seems like a concept that was good, but was abused and watered down too much.

Really hoping that Rhea news is a work

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

You can watch this gif over and over and see someone doing something new each time. I love the guy in the bottom right who doesn’t know what to do with his hands and the woman in red in the back whipping her hair around like crazy.

It's a classic WWE comedy shot in that it goes on way too long and just ends up being awkward for everyone involved

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pylons posted:

PWInsider is reporting Rhea got injured in the backstage segment last week and may have to vacate the title.

Rude

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

OH some more Draft things I remembered they would constantly do:

*Splitting up tag teams on a whim and then doing nothing with either person
*Drafting both show's champions and making them awkwardly trade belts
*Drafting people to one show on one night and then drafting them back to the original show the next night
*Trading people away to the other brand for "Draft Considerations" aka literally nothing in return

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Chris Benoit is here
And he’s really mad

Chris Benoit is here
And he's really an-gry!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

wwe loving sucks

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cavauro posted:

wwe loving sucks

When you're right, you're right.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
drafting JR to smackdown without telling him first

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Had a short twinge of "wow Sheamus and Bo Dallas are coming back and Rhea's dropping the title" but then I remembered

Cavauro posted:

wwe loving sucks

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MRW when the wings arrive

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

How many tag teams got split in past drafts without either member being told in advance? I swear I've heard three or four different ones in stories.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this rules

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Drakkel posted:

OH some more Draft things I remembered they would constantly do:

*Splitting up tag teams on a whim and then doing nothing with either person
*Drafting both show's champions and making them awkwardly trade belts
*Drafting people to one show on one night and then drafting them back to the original show the next night
*Trading people away to the other brand for "Draft Considerations" aka literally nothing in return

The "splitting up tag teams" thing was basically from day one. They split the Dudleys up, leading to Reverend D-Von (which eventually gave us Batista in a roundabout way); anyone else remember his promo about wanking and Faarooq coming out to tell us all about how he just loves to rub one out?

Edit: found it, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7_oYalLD6Y

I also remember that one time Triple H got traded to Smackdown and then was back on Raw because he was traded back in exchange for 4 or 5 guys.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 15, 2024

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://youtu.be/wDSsgd8t4is?si=SRehqtVn9a0HpXPq

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

what really ruined the WWE draft was putting Cleatus The Football Robot in charge

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

edogawa rando posted:

The "splitting up tag teams" thing was basically from day one. They split the Dudleys up, leading to Reverend D-Von (which eventually gave us Batista in a roundabout way); anyone else remember his promo about wanking and Faarooq coming out to tell us all about how he just loves to rub one out?

Edit: found it, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7_oYalLD6Y

I also remember that one time Triple H got traded to Smackdown and then was back on Raw because he was traded back in exchange for 4 or 5 guys.

1 HHH is worth Booker T and The Dudleys. (For some reason I thought RVD was included too but I don't think that's right)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Raeg posted:

1 HHH is worth Booker T and The Dudleys. (For some reason I thought RVD was included too but I don't think that's right)
iirc that was the trade, and it was definitely the era where Vince would break up tag teams (because he hated them) and real life couples (because he thought it was funny)

I can't even remember when the brand split even actually mattered except for that FOX executive who was visibly upset that they paid all that money for Smackdown and went like 1-12 on Survivor Series and the only win they had was an accident on the pre-show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Wasn't FOX also pissed off when they drafted Brock Lesnar to Smackdown and then the first week Brock showed up, squashed Kofi for the title, said "gently caress this dogshit show I'm going back to RAW" and took the belt with him?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I don't know how trustworthy meltzer is but he is reposted a lot.

Someone asked him about rhea and he replied with the news story of her being hurt. :sigh:

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
The wrestling gods punished her for liking that Anti-Bruv tweet.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Raeg posted:

Hey, I thought Eddie was part of the trade for some reason. It turns out they had a match for Eddie's WWE belt on Raw, which ended in a DQ in Eddie's favour. Reign of Terror HHH couldn't even put over the WWE champion in a match without shenanigans, for gently caress's sake.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I looked it up and this is the response to drafting Roman in 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cleatus was canon the first to acknowledge him

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The draft was the first step in breaking up the new day. One of the most over stables in wrestling history. They probably made them a shitload of money too but just had to break them up cause why not?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

The draft was the first step in breaking up the new day. One of the most over stables in wrestling history. They probably made them a shitload of money too but just had to break them up cause why not?

After they apparently declared they would leave if they were ever broken up, and then they proceeded to not do that so WWE was fine to just keep loving them over forever afterwards.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rhea came out in an arm sling and vacated the title.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tampa Bae posted:

iirc that was the trade, and it was definitely the era where Vince would break up tag teams (because he hated them) and real life couples (because he thought it was funny)

I can't even remember when the brand split even actually mattered except for that FOX executive who was visibly upset that they paid all that money for Smackdown and went like 1-12 on Survivor Series and the only win they had was an accident on the pre-show

It felt like it mattered when they first started doing it, or at least it was cool when the Smackdown Six were having crazy matches.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Yep. She said she is going to be out for months.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Malikov posted:

The wrestling gods punished her for liking that Anti-Bruv tweet.

Makes sense someone who only defended a belt like eight times in 370 days hates grindset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Digital Jedi posted:

drat, caught a bad case of Punk Elbow