Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
WWE is hot hot hot again under Big Poppa H and Vinny Mac, buy the former WWF New York/The World space in Times Square and make the Hall of Fame there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
really a drat shame HHH had the health-related retirement because the feud he and Cody would be having right now would be incredible

for content

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Behind the Bastards is in that unfortunate zone of good concept/bad host that is also occupied by QAA and Knowledge Fight but there's still eps worth listening to, I got hooked in by the Segal eps

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
for me QAA ran out of steam post-inauguration and the forced angry rants wore me down. they should give the British lady her own TERF Island spinoff. Jordan is incredibly irritating on KF imo and I'd rather listen to Dan solo. To make this connected to WWE Dan was legit hyped for The Fiend returning which was funny to hear from a completely unrelated unexpected source

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
completed the Vince Ringmaster book, not bad but felt unfinished, a lot of taking what wrestlers say as fact when they should know better but otherwise accurate and decently interesting. they could've done a lot more and for some reason ended it with his reveal as the higher power

it has the worst example of "audiobook narrator doesn't know the subject matter" I've ever heard (which is all over wrestling books not read by the author): nWo pronounced as "en-whoa"

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think spending whole chapters describing in detail some horrible thing that Vince has done to a wrestler or organization and then ending with a quote like "Vince is honest and never did anything wrong" pushes it into horror novel territory for me. It's fine but not outstanding really.

oh the multiple times it lays out how someone got hosed over hard by the company/Vince and ended up back and praising him is pretty brutal and closing it with Bret's comments was tough

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

ChrisBTY posted:

It's kinda mindblowing that Bret was only 4 years younger than Hogan and 3 years younger than Piper, especially at that time.
And also 1 year younger than Damien Priest is now at the time of Age in a Cage.

Holy poo poo I never realized this, this makes their Mania torch passing moment with the IC title really funny

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

four years ago: THRONE BROKEN

today: sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to rebuild it

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
HERE IN JEDDAH
HEADS WILL ROLL

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does he say Brock Lesnar like Shawn Michaels?

ThebeastincarnateBrockLesnarrrrrrrr

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's always wild to me when people brag about Reigns' title reign length like it's some kind of proof of his skills, when wrestling is fake and they could literally have some 12 year old guy win the title tomorrow and hold it for the rest of his life if they wanted.

this company made a literal child a tag champion at Wrestlemania, as a goof

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
in a major movie he's a featured actor, in a budget flick he's main villain material

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MJeff posted:

Was the guy in wrestler supposed to be Hogan, I got the idea he was just an indie guy.

I think he plays as himself in an NES game with the kid at some point, I figured he was a Jake Roberts-level guy

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
people have been joking about when Stardust comes back but it'll really be a return to Cody's gimmick of "I have a moustache" that was brief but in the correct time window to be his representation in one of the games

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

John Cena has said:
You don't need a title

Because he is a champion

he never said that to Cody

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
WWE fans don't like wrestling, they like the WWE Product and if that segment really went two full hours with no wrestling it would've still killed. The Fiend's matches are legendary horseshit and the whole getup is embarrassing, but people were losing their heads when he returned because the wrestling doesn't matter

the MCU comparison is accurate, saying Roman should get an Emmy is like when people say Captain America 2 is a political thriller- it's true if it's all you watch

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
I used to think Winter Soldier was one of the good ones too until I rewatched it and realized how boring the direction was and turned it off halfway through

much like the last wwe show I watched :twisted:

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Endless Mike posted:

I hope The Rock actually returns and wears The Necklace and everyone bows to him and tells him how good and cool he is and how he's the true Tribal Chief

imagining them drooping the necklace on that dumb egg from that Netflix movie

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
the man broke my heart but I simply must respect him as an all time greatest bullshitter

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

lol NXT was always another part of "Triple H making people think he's cool"

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Pillowpants posted:

So he had COVID and probably has long COVID as a result and like every other person who gets it they don’t name it because COVID is over?

always possible, happened to Keith Lee

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
also covid can destroy your heart/lungs/brain/etc no matter how vaccinated you are

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Gaz-L posted:

Bashir waw one of the Daivari lads, right?

he was the hotshot doctor that had a thing for Jadzia and Garak wanted to bang actually

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I live in Philly now and while I won’t be attending, maybe I’ll go sell rubber chickens in the parking lot.

Probably not a bad way to make a couple hundred bucks.

Rocky Horror Nightmare Show

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Chris James 2 posted:

Ties into Jade's public comments (and private insistence) that it wasn't about the money, she was going regardless because she dreamed of Mania (and supposedly Hollywood, which this gives her a better opportunity at)

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1708735765453414794

WWE, well known for its total support and lack of interference when it comes to their Independent Contractors looking for film roles

like even Roman only got twenty seconds of screen time in a movie with Dwayne

Shard posted:

I don't know why but I get the feeling Jade is going to be one of those exceptions and booked well for WWE - someone like AJ or Sami and Owens are now.

could be a rerun of the 99 Jericho debut. "look what we could do for you over here" effect

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
it's probably just for merch sales on PWtees

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Pillman working Bischoff like the mark he was to get a shoot release is one of my favorite stories in wrestling

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The goal of Jade isn’t to get her over, it’s to get HHH over.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

TheKingslayer posted:

Maybe my timeline is off but it seemed like the bounce back came about the time Vince was ousted and things started stagnating again when he got back in.

Must be a coincidence.

relax, they have a foolproof plan now for when things fizzle or suck: have another wrestling twitter news dork rerun "Triple H is now completely running creative finally and Vince is out" like it's the first time it's been reported

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Drakkel posted:

Echoing that I don't really care about BPJ one way or the other but he was mid as gently caress in every single AEW segment/match he had and the way WWE hyped him like he was the greatest free agent signing in the history of professional wrestling and the way their weird stans were talking him like he was this generations Randy Orton because both entities are so desperate to run victory laps every time they get even the smallest win over AEW makes it extremely hilarious every time he comes out and continues to suck.

this person in AEW sucks! -> this person coming to WWE is a generational Superstar and will thrive in the major leagues, what a steal from the competition! -> it takes time to remove the bad habits from that sloppy shop-> OMG This Person Really Just Did That! 😳😳😳

the Beeps is currently on phase 3

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
NXT is also Shrodinger's Content, at the same time a very few real serious Brand on the level of Raw and Smackdown while also being just their developmental so if someone sucks it doesn't count

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The Miz has almost half a dozen 4*+ matches over his ~20 year WWE career and I expect Gunther will get another one out of him.

so he's at least as good as the Undertaker

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
0% there's any shoot element. Punk will not have any All Out breakdowns or anything close, he's part of a massive machine that doesn't need him and he's more comfortable raging against the machine while being paid by the machine than actually leading anything

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Jade honestly could go with "I'm her"

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Dango Bango posted:

Since someone mentioned this guy in an AEW thread, I caught the first few bits of this video. Haven't had a chance to watch it all yet, but it's extremely relevant to the Rock/Red Notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bscCG7OA

nice to see no matter how much YouTube "guy talking to camera" evolves, the godawful overlong unfunny skits will never leave

pretty decent video otherwise

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
LA Knight is forty one years old lol

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Ganso Bomb posted:

I love how much posturing and pantomime they have to do to indicate they want to cash in RIGHT NOW and not some other time

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1744918509505679436

wow very clear you don't understand storytelling and cinema in wrestling, the only way it's done is by loudly yelling plot points and constant over the top gesturing forever

I've been watching some WCCW since Iron Claw came out and it's crazy how much better the in-ring "off mic" talking routine was done in a regional promotion forty years ago

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

rotinaj posted:

Vince is a simple old man who likes way over the top pantomime

sir I think you'll find that Vince is completely gone from creative, unless there's a noticeably terrible show or record low ratings in which case he actually will be gone now for sure from that point on, again

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
them still doing "as first reported by" poo poo is so lame and funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

a group of people in a cult who endanger themselves under a man who is the ultimate cool guy in his own head, and Fight Club

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 17, 2024