Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cody being beaten by brock for the Consolation Prize Belt in loving Saudi Arabia would be the funniest/worst thing WWE has done in years, hope that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FINISH THE STORY

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1651960799148081154?s=20

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

I've heard loads of stories about JBL picking fights with people smaller than him, bullying writers and taking advantage of people in wrestling matches where if the other guy fought back they'd be fired. But every time I hear a story about JBL getting into a straight square go he gets knocked the gently caress out in humiliating fashion.

He's like the platonic ideal of a bully.

The story about how he hosed with Steve Blackman and Blackman repeatedly told JBL he was going to kill him--until JBL apologized twice--is fantastic lol. As is the receipt that Stevie Richards gave JBL with a chair after JBL hosed with Blue Meanie.

Moral: JBL can't handle Steves

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I didn't realize Brock cost him the match that was a qualifier for the Junior Championship lol. god please let Brock do one of his Trademark Squashes and suplexes Cody 15 times before pinning him in 3 minutes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol the clown belt graphic really emblematic of "they hate their audience"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

jesus that house show schedule. 10 loving streetfights with finn balor almost in a row lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seth FREAKIN rollins

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

let's rewind a bit, Joe Gacy changed gimmicks? is he just a "spooky guy" now?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want to say that all of the summerslam card are literally repeat matches I feel I've seen on a PPV card at least 2 or 3 times before

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Roman vs Jey: 2x (Clash 20, HIAC 20)
Seth vs Finn: 2x (Summerslam 16, MITB 23)
Asuka vs Charlotte vs Becky: 1x (HIAC 22)
Cody vs Brock: 2x (Backlash 23, NOC 23)
Paul vs Ricochet: new

I guess it only feels like they've run Roman v Jey ten times since the Bloodline storyline has been going on for 3 and a half loving years

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in a better reality Ricochet is having 7 star matches with Speedball but I guess playing patsy for one of the worst internet people alive is good too

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

never will forget the Elimination Chamber match where he pinned both Cena and AJ in succession, the coolest and strongest he ever looked, just an insane main event, was so loving stoked when he finally swam upstream for the gold. Sucks that they hosed it up later but for that instant he was the golden god, horrible that he went so young.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alexander Hamilton posted:

This is probably one of my favorite WWE moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xormCgprJzk

Bray honestly played his part perfectly through this whole arc. Very talented heel when they let him actually get a win every once in a while.

insane that without this moment we probably never get Bryan's ascension towards two major title reigns---Bryan going over all of the wwe-made guys, and then going on to put over Kofi for the biggest moment of his life. Also fair to say that without Wyatt Family, a lot of The Shield's momentum (and Brodie) doesn't happen as smoothly. Bray was so fuckin important to so many of those guys getting over and getting their reps in just because he could sell himself as a unique character.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

more like Kairi InSane for coming back to this loving company, thought she'd want to keep doing Japan stuff

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://x.com/Fightful/status/1701646250515521990?s=20

seems like a great way to ensure the worst loving people imaginable get to gain immediate entry to WWE

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tweet says "longer" not "no longer" lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LMAOOOO

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Angel Garza and Humberto would be incredible pickups for anyone if they got chopped

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dolph Ziggler and Ikeman Jiro are gonna be Impact darlings

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just realize they rehired nia jax but fired emma and ziggler lmao

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shelton Benjamin would be great anywhere. Ziggler will be fine and can easily be a top guy in like, Impact/NWA/GCW/etc. Idk if there's room in AEW for him.

Ali I'd say the same thing; AEW is now stuffed to the gills with talent so I just don't know if they'd really be able to give any of those guys the right spotlight. A year or two ago absolutely but they really do not need any of them.

If Sheamus got released he should get insta-signed by NJPW or AEW, dude is a beast.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tony already used all the spare cash on re-signing RUSH, a guy better than anyone who will be released today. unless like, Pete Dunne gets released then there's nobody worth cramming into the overstuffed turkey that is AEW.

People clamoring for Emma seem to forget Tony didn't give a single poo poo the first time she was a free agent lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ryan Nemeth's hatred of WWE is an obsidian brazier, eternally burning, forever taking delight each time another of Hunter's children is stricken from the books

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

good, gently caress Mansoor

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dana Brooke gone

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shanky also gone lol, forgot about that guy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dabba Katto, lord of the Underground, was let go as well

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dana was punished for not adhering to the promo rules or some poo poo, if true then she rules

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if Punk thinks he's going to be handed titles on a silver platter in WWE then lol. the owners aren't huge marks for him and it's a hard sell to have roman or rollins drop those belts to him

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

UFC and Saudi Arabia, finally two of the worst things together

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Fightful is saying that Nick Aldis is being brought in as an authority figure on Smackdown.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-nick-aldis-set-make-wwe-tv-debut-1014-smackdown-will-have-authority-figure-role

people actually getting stoked for a loving authority figure let alone Nick Aldis is hilarious

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

all I've seen are people saying Smackdown was stacked but looking at the actual show it was basically a nothing tag match, a 3-minute women's match, and then the tag title match / Knight v Sikoa. All those promos and people walking around for like 3 loving matches in 2 hours

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dragonshirt posted:

I was at SmackDown last night. Huge crowd that was absolutely electric for Dom Mysterio and LA Knight. Dark match was Imperium versus Rey Mysterio, Dragon Lee, and Sami Zayn. It was awesome getting to see GUNTHER and Dragon Lee live.

insane that a company that legit has Dragon Lee, Sami Zayn, Dragunov and WALTER will still devote an hour to the 50th month of Bloodline Drama and The loving Miz.

Having never gotten the hype for Eli Drake at all in Impact I am glad he finally found a big spot as Knight late in his career, they'll never do it but he'd probably be a fantastic world champion for them

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Yamashita has many dates for many places still happening in the next few months + this is not even the first time a Japanese woman wrestler has stopped in to just watch an NXT show, please relax lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It’s funny how DIY is back to being a thing and it feels like absolutely nobody gives a poo poo after Gargano was ethered into a void so long

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dwayne failing upward after XFL just merged into whatever and Black Adam destroyed a franchise lol. Him being on the TKO board gives me shades of Derek Jeter owning the Marlins tho.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

None of what happens in WWE was a secret. There's a reason HHH was covering up assault, racial discrimination and sexual harassment in the PC including retalititory firings. This is how the company operates.

Yeah HHH explicitly went to bat for Hugh Morrus, it’s in his wheelhouse.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Was that the scandal that got Luchasaurus/Killswitch/whatever fired from the company, among others?

Ryan Nemeth basically torpedoed his career in an attempt to save people from the abuse, they made an example of him as punishment.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I figured he'd get hurt again but after only like 2 matches and right before WM, just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LMAOOOOO