Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I didn’t watch any of TNA but people still laugh and make fun of a lot of things from that era whereas I don’t think anyone will ever remember anything that happened during 2018-2021 WWE. I’d rather watch something laughably bad than the most boring shows of all time

Raw Underground was memorably bad, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

i still lament every day that its gone

https://twitter.com/FightTalk_/status/1317198945668485121

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Brock/Cody should borrow a page from DDT. During the match, at Cody's lowest point, Cody and Brock should freeze. The arena lights fade out, and up on the tron they play the Arn Anderson Glock promo. Everything fades back in, and Cody goes under the ring and pulls out a gun and shoots Brock.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

remember when akira tozawa was a wrestler

Imagining Tozawa vs Shun at Kobe World, what a thing that would be.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The first "I Can't Fight Roman, He's Too Strong" champ will be someone boring like Seth probably.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The core of WWE's booking philosophy for the past decade has been "Roman is the most specialest boy ever", and if people can't figure that out by now, that's on them.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc looking good in the Fed.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

They should just put dril's Loser Fuckface Nerd tweet on the nameplate at this point.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Four Pillars of WWE are Roman and if Roman is Not Available Brock.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kissinger pictured here next to the only man responsible for more burials than himself.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I watched a clip of the finish and it was five minutes of bad acting from the bloodline until Sammy and KO ran in and hit their finishers. I love when my wrestling matches don't have any wrestling.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I haven't paid attention to 100 gecs in awhile but I'm devastated to find that their music seems to have gotten 100x less abrasive, if that nxt theme is anything to go by.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

this baby gronk poo poo is making me feel older than 100 gecs.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Has Dom developed the ability to do basic wrestling moves without looking like his soul wants to leave his body?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eita in Dragongate/NOAH uses this as a transitional move but the execution is a million times better.

edit

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 1, 2023

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Thats some Walter White in the "Crawl Space" episode level of breakdown. Roman is incredible. One thing that really hit home on this for me is how Roman isn't afraid to look weak when it counts. The range he has shown from calm and collected and in control to shook and now falling into unhinged territory has been amazing... This whole storyline has only proven Roman's mastery on psychology and character work as a whole.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

Roman Reigns, though he may be big and handsome and muscley and have long hair, the requirements for a WWE Superstar.

He is not charismatic. He does not command my attention.

Everything that was/is good about the Bloodline storyline, or skits has been everything that was/is not him.

That is what you are watching, what you are enjoying, what you care about. Not the tall long haired handsome man scowling in the corner.

Yet he is the one pushed and protected.

What part of "This whole storyline has only proven Roman's mastery on psychology and character work as a whole." do you not understand?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

What's insanely good about it? He just looks mad that he lost to me.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Thats some Walter White in the "Crawl Space" episode level of breakdown. Roman is incredible. One thing that really hit home on this for me is how Roman isn't afraid to look weak when it counts. The range he has shown from calm and collected and in control to shook and now falling into unhinged territory has been amazing... This whole storyline has only proven Roman's mastery on psychology and character work as a whole.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The collapsible time keeper area was part of the series between the Shield and Bryan/Kane/+1 in 2013 lol. Reigns kept spearing Kane into it until the last match where Kane dodged it and took out Reigns instead. The last decade of WWE has been built entirely around him and they've lost more viewers in that time then people who still watch but yeah Roman is a giant draw.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Watching Roman cut a promo for 40 minutes sounds almost as boring as watching Roman wrestle for 40 minutes.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Roman Reigns' push coincides with WWE losing 3 to 4 million viewers: Actually this Roman Reigns stuff is really good and popular guys.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

What if Roman just wins until he decides to gently caress off to Hollywood and do bit parts in his cousins' movies?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I was at a bar earlier tonight and smackdown was on but muted and one of the usos was out cutting a promo and his physical acting was terrible. Like a child trying to pretend to be angry.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

Did he run his hands down his face?

Cause that's Jey.

Like 3 times in the 90 seconds I paid attention.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eric Young the only person to actually show a loving spine in WWE.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

That's just the uncomparable results you get when you train at the World Famous WWE Performance Center.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

RIP Wesley Crusher. Died to Rey Mysterio's lovely kid.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

Ah.

Did they have Afa and Sika and Rikishi or whoever else show up or did the elders sanction it off screen.

Maybe it feels like that because the only story beat for three years has been Roman and the Usos experiencing contention with each other.

Hey, you forgot about the story beat of "Sami gets over by spending all his promos trying to make people corpse, adding some actual variety and energy to the endless acknowledge me promos"

oldpainless posted:

Where is jinder mahal

Caught and hindered to a permanent end.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is the only time a pump handle has led to a cool move

Wrong!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The greatest tag team of all time fight some Canadians.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WWE is about moments bud. What’s a bigger Wrestlemania moment, some fat jobber and a cruiserweight from down south resolving their issues, or two titans like the Beast Incarnate Brock Lesnar and GOLDBERG going at it for the biggest prize in sports entertainment on the Grandest Stage of Them All?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it's a saga actually

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

ADRENALINE

IN MY SOUL

BIG FAT LOSER

THAT ONE USO

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

His Andre the Giant people mover broke down half way on the ramp and they spent 5 minutes having to swap out the battery and change a flat. It was actually very time efficient.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1688923202607824896

Roman takes the inside-out bump, Jey goes for the dive, sees Roman is leaning over the barricade, screams "JOE! JOE!", does the dive, Roman doesn't stand up, takes the dive on his back and I guess gets hurt there?

I dunno who I'm more annoyed with here, Roman for not knowing how to take a loving tope, or Jey for clearly seeing that he's not ready and just doing it anyway.

One of the moments that made me realize Shun Skywalker was going to be someone to keep an eye on, was about a year into his career, he has a match where he does a bicycle kick to send a guy to the outside for a tope. His opponent got his foot stuck in the rope and was out of position for the move but Shun notices and mid stride changes direction to the corner and hits a triangle plancha instead, giving his opponent time to get in position. I guess expecting WWE main eventers to have the same ring awareness as a rookie in Dragon Gate is too much to ask for though.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bray had a bad case of Creative Has Nothing For You. It was harrowing at times, got dangerously close to developing into a terminal case of Actually They're Really Hard to Work With.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If I'm spending a grand for Mania tickets I better get to decide what weapon Solo hits Cody with before he loses to Roman.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 15, 2023

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

yea ok posted:

Who did LA Knight vote for

He voted for Prell to go back to the old glass bottle. After that, he became deeply cynical.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SLAP
JACK

TEE-BARR

and mace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Making a guy who came up in Dragon Gate wrestle at the pace of a Miz tv match feels cruel.