Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

History Comes Inside! posted:

There has actually never been a good match with no blood, it’s impossible.

I didn’t know Mox posted here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Digital Jedi posted:

Beepie racking up the wins. and by wins i mean his first televised singles win

https://x.com/WWE/status/1729694749299220603?s=20

what a polite audience

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

"Some," of course, referring to "Cody Rhodes."

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pillowpants posted:

Given all the incredibly violent Korean shows and movies Netflix has, maybe we will see a relaxation on the rules there and more AEW style wrestling

Netflix bought the product they bought, there’ll be minimal creative difference between Raw on cable and Raw on Netflix.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

we all know he can’t talk about the door because they don’t have the trademark

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

SatoshiMiwa posted:

There's a reason most companies and execs read canned statements in situations like this and it's amazing Paul didn't do this or thought he'd just get puff questions cause it was such a bad answer

He was too focused on where to deploy that Forbidden Door crack when someone finally asked about bringing in the TNA Knockouts champ for a one off again.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gumball Gumption posted:

My muscles won't stay on the bone, tell me when I'm telling lies

Man has been braising in his own petty grievances for years, shoulda seen it coming.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Suplex Liberace posted:

time for a fourth national promotion

🎶 the world is a vampire 🎶

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Thanks to WrestleZone for the transcription.”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Astro7x posted:

Shawn Spears jumping to NXT was not on my bingo card

I thought that AEW did a great job at giving Spears a makeover with The Chairman gimmick. They also managed to give him a fantastic entrance that wasn't a rip off of the 10 stuff from WWE. Not sure why AEW started ripping that off at the end of his contract.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNe9cJXMVp4

“Hey TK, can I do the ten schtick again now the Preston Vance left the Dark Order?”
“Huh? Sure, whatever, go for it.”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Sega 32X posted:

Does AEW trademark wrestler names? I guess maybe but I know a lot of their wrestlers own their own names/nicknames.

They do not, almost all their guys immediately get hooked up with the gimmick lawyer guy to secure their trademarks if they hadn’t already done so. Only AEW trademarks that identify wrestlers have been stable names, but not individuals.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Always happy to be reminded young Taz looked like Bebop before being turned into a warthog.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Someone’s gotta take the word “overture” away from the newz sites.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider is absolute garbage for publishing "Respectful firings" with a straight face

In their defense, I doubt they took the five seconds to game out how that was going to come across credibility wise once you thought about who might be the source on that and why.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Big “how dare you imply we’d hold someone accountable for sexual misconduct” energy on that answer.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

My favorite part of the HHH comment was that PWInsider’s take was “well, only us and Fightful are the ones who had original reporting on Gulak, so Paul must’ve been talking about Newsmax, because that’s where Ronda did the interview where she talked about the Gulak thing.”

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

SatoshiMiwa posted:

gently caress Gulak but I'm not shocked

And lamo if HHH just did the pat non answer it probably wouldn't have gotten out

They had to make good for burying SRS at the presser somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Didn’t realize Judge Jeff Jones jumped from AEW.