Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MJeff posted:

Okay, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to start getting the syllables right on these song parodies.

over the course of several years, this has driven me closer and closer to madness. hopefully macho madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i think the psychos are blocked so they're responding elsewhere

https://twitter.com/yaboycombo/status/1663570958681280514?s=46&t=VjwoOcopEjidRiHanooSHA

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Vandar posted:

Women in the WWE only get established in order to get fed to Charlotte, Ronda, or Bianca.

She was a Japanese schoolgirl who had an honest to god magic amulet that turned her into a magical girl when she made her entrance and it's just as awful as it sounds.

I like their version better, a doll that transforms into a real wrestler through magic has potential. Potential to sell a lot of dolls! :D

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I hated that gimmick so loving much but apparently those dolls sold like crazy.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Uncle Phil was much cooler and capable of being far more menacing than Top Dolla

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Lol is gargano laying on his back but still staring at his hands?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

wasnt the rock the highest paid actor in the world?

i dunno if he still is but im betting he doesn't need wrestlemania to pay the mortgage on his poontang pie palace or whatever the gently caress

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

HHH can't wrestle anymore because of his bum ticker, right? Wouldn't he just be fishing for an office job?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think Becky should continue to cut promos like that but bring back her irish jig gimmick to go with it :twisted:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jade herself is "out the mud" because she is no longer in the outlaw mudshow known as AEW and has come to the big leagues of WWE

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

where is the trent reply to this merch

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

id like some good gravy

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

wasn't bianca really good before or were people just lying to me??

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/Fightful/status/1733129406078501319

wow, seth is shooting on punk. this is not going to end well

I was and am 100% on the side that Seth is just working, he's a company man and will feud with Punk and this is to try to drum up interest with bullshit.

BUT

He mentioned Colt Cabana's name and I feel like that can set Punk off (evidence: it has set Punk off before)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

faantastic posted:

I like the bit where everyone shits on the Fed but seemingly forgets there target audience is children and not dudes who actually pay attention. It's mostly a very funny thread.

Tho if Cody doesn't win THIS WrestleMania, I'm done.

I dunno if this has changed in recent years but I thought it was interesting that WWE's audience used to skew really old. Elderly old, not middle-aged or 30s or whatever. I think this was even when their merch sales were all children with 200 different color Cena shirts.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i was going to say they should use the green screen to make the interviews look like they're happening in cool exciting places but i just remembered their graphics department used a loving concentration camp picture for something so maybe just stick with the weird fanfest mini-ring

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

I can’t fathom the mindset of someone who would want a cameo from beepie

i could imagine a goon getting one to post here for the comedy of it since beepie is such a topic of conversation/derision

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

I just can't not laugh at her finish being 'splits with a big butt'
https://x.com/WWE/status/1737300082515398950?s=20
This just reminded me of one of my favorite moments, the time Cameron did that move to an opponent laying face down, and then yelled "COUNT IT" at a befuddled referee

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That makes me think, has anyone ever parasailed in and elbowdropped someone? Do I need to contact DDT?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

explosivo posted:

I don't think most people at the WWE house show need to see an actual match. Why bother going out of their way to put on a match and potentially injure themselves for a crowd that already paid to get in who will clap just as hard at seeing a squash match as they would a 30 minute epic? As you said, the guy is already over, so why do any more than the absolute minimum required from them for that night and save the good stuff for TV?

Wait the TV is their good stuff?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I've never read Foley's books so in my imagination, his Melina thirst obsession comes in the form of the various brief asides in Moxley's book.

Is it the Bret book that mentions pissing way more than you'd expect?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Somebody probably knows, does Roman actually increase the ratings? I know he's a special attraction now, and their attendance and ratings are apparently pretty good. Do the shows get more viewers when he's announced? Is attendance lower when he isn't on a ppv? Does he sell a ton of merch?

I know that the internet freaks talk about the brilliance of the bloodline and the tribal chief head of the table big dog awooo but that doesn't mean the normal people feel the same way. I have really no idea if the Roman Reigns Special Appearance approach is working or not.

Based on the few main event matches I've seen with Roman, I'd probably just ignore him. I'd consider Gunther or Freakin or whoever is best to be the real champ and skip the long plodding lovely main events.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Greatness Among You is kinda funny i guess?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

R-Truth has had plenty of hilarious moments in his career and this probably doesn't even qualify, but I always think of it when I see R-Truth.

WWE used to have bumpers on their network for in between shows. Wrestler does their hand gesture or flexes or whatever, WWE logo.

One time after a particularly miserable main event, possibly one of the terrible Bray match finishes, the show ended and while everyone in the thread was pissed off, on came the bumper of R-Truth dancing and grinning his way across the screen, and I laughed my rear end off.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

OK I checked for R-Truth gifs and theres a lot of funny stuff, a lot of it I never saw like the 24/7 title, but here it is:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

You're in luck; I've completed some personal stuff and finally have time to get started on the thread sooner rather than later. It is my hope that one day all of PSP has magic wrestling boxes because you all deserve them.
TYPE FASTER! :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Erebus posted:

This seems to be where the R-Truth gif was requested, so it was the 2014 HIAC with a spooky ghost

also here's a better quality version (and an even bigger one, if you want)

https://i.imgur.com/I35p2fY.mp4

ahahahahahaaha I forgot that the hologram wasn't Dean vs. Bray, it was the big Seth/Dean blowoff in the cell and then Wyatt interrupted with his hologram spewing lantern

that thread is great, pages of rage and then people start to laugh about R-Truth

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i cared about fandango, he seemed fun. the guy i mean. the gimmick was not gonna make it to the main event

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i thought those leaks happened because of a hack, not revenge from brad maddox?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Mr. Meagles posted:

Has anyone considered the possibility that Punk has been on some kind anti-steroid? Perhaps some drug that shrinks your muscles and makes your bones brittle?

He is the best in the world maybe he wanted to challenge himself?

maybe he tried training with rocks in his pockets and weights strapped to his limbs like that one goon that thought he was doing DBZ weighted training clothing and hosed up his body as a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Oh no it’s this loser too now