Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

Thanks for all the AEW spoilers in the WWE thread by the way.

Yep! Assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

New Botchamania is an all-timer

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

No, it's just a WWE idea!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

JBL is an absolute oval office and never forget it

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Davros1 posted:

CM Punk told a story about how he when he was feuding with them, the higher ups told him "We don't care how you make Seth and Dean look, but you gotta make sure you don't make Roman look weak."

The story is even better than that.

They told Punk that he was going over, but he had to make Roman look strong. So Punk said "shouldn't the Shield win then? Won't they look bad if I win a 3 on 1 match?" and they said no, no, you're going over, but pleeeease make Roman look strong

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Everyone's got a price! For the billion dollar man!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

I'm actually really curious what they do with that match since they won't pin either Solo or Roman

How does a DQ finish leaving everyone unsatisfied sound to you?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Eternals is by far the worst Marvel movie. By far. Its utter garbage.

I was already pissed off at the cinema cos Rocky 4 Directors Cut showing had been cancelled and this movie did NOT make me feel better

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I literally don't miss WWE at all.

I was thinking about this earlier. I could remember individual matches in WWE back when I watched it and now I know why: it's because very good wrestling matches in WWE were as rare as hen's teeth. Of course I'd remember when I saw a good one.

Now in AEW I see incredible matches every week, so much so I forget so many great ones. It's a great problem to have. But then WWE was never in the wrestling business

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Answers Me posted:

Maybe I’m missing the rules of that match but I don’t feel like doing a double team move in a tag match is that dastardly

I thought the same. It must be singles match? If it's a tag match, it makes no sense.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

no it was a tag match lol

Sweet Christ

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oh man, the way he just smugly looks down at Miz's hand. What a complete prick

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Melzter says the plan is for Rhodes vs Reigns 2 at Wrestlemania.

I enjoy long term storytelling so that’d be cool, but that’s pretty drat long even for the bygone era. I’m not sure any TV wrestling has had a story go so long before.

Overall I am enjoying the shows more than other wrestling out there at the moment. I can’t imagine Cody beats Lesnar but I can see him winning the decisive match of the feud at Summerslam. I’m just glad Cody seems to be doing what he wants because my favorite type of wrestling is Cody Rhodes style feuds and matches and when he left AEW I lost a lot of interest in that promotion.

What's the long term story here? I lost, I'll try again next year? Not exactly AEW calibre is it?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

lol if you know WWE is a loving embarrassment give me a rofl lmao

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Astro7x posted:

I just... what is going on here? Why would that lead to Bayley getting pinned? That should have broken up the move that was being done.

It's because WWE women's wrestling is so much better than AEW's division. We're very jealous we don't get this every Wednesday

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Reigns isn't fit to lace MJF's boots

Suffering succotash son

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Glad I'm watching* this brave** show

*not watching
**diarrhoea brown town

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

lol oh dear Cody

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Looking forward to Cody's first title defense being against Kane

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Did they book the London PPV after AEW or before?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

No post about this awesome video from SuperEyepatchWolf about the Roman Reigns storyline?

Alright, I'll link it: https://youtu.be/UaDAzXVycR4

Now I had stopped watching WWE way before the Bloodline started, and while watching this video I tried to remember what exactly got me to give up on WWE completely. I mean, I suffered throughout the entire Cena era, so what happened?

I honestly think it was Reigns that broke me. Suffering through his matches and promos, which were all terrible, knowing that he was the new Cena and he was going to be shoved down my throat for the next decade, I think that did me in.

Now, some of the stuff in this video which I've never seen looks good. Especially all the stuff with Sami. But it was all a complete accident on WWE's part, let's be honest. It was no delicately planned storyline like Hangman and the Elite, for instance.

Anyway, I highly recommend this video. It's long as gently caress but it's super entertaining and this guy is legit at analysing stuff while remaining humorous and emotionally open

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I wasn't watching but did Mox leaving affect Roman's story in any way? Unless you mean behind the scenes but from what I remember Seth did an interview where he implied Mox couldn't hack it. Not sure about Roman? So not sure how not mentioning his absence ruined the video

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I get it, I hate Roman (and let the record show I hated him loooong before it was cool here!) and for that reason, I almost didn't watch the vid. But I had a good time and there are some excellent jokes, plus since I had never seen the Bloodline (which looks like it did have some good stuff) then it was much faster watching this vid than 4 years of WWE poo poo. Especially Sami and KO, who I pray every day come to AEW but they love money too much

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Kvantum posted:

I can't fault guys with families taking the "guaranteed financial security" route over the "well off, but not enough money to guarantee my family is well-cared for after I can't wrestle anymore" route. Yes, I'd love to see what they can do in AEW too, but it's pretty clearly not about the money specifically for both of them.

If it was just the money, sure, but knowingly working for a rapist and working in Saudi Arabia, it just rubs me the wrong way. Money can buy many people. Not Mox though, a true hero

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

MJeff posted:

I've heard it's a progressive nation. With a boardwalk.

I've heard it's so beautiful, you won't want* to leave!

*be able to

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I'm just saying that in the over 1 hour 30 of a video essay you could watch the 3 best matches of 2023 (according to me) and still have time left over to make yourself a cup of tea.

Miyahara & Nomura vs Aoyagi & Nomura - 22:33
Omega vs Ospreay - 34:38
Okada vs Takagi - 32:07

Well yes in that hour and a half you could literally not watch any WWE and come out ahead

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

You could also just read about it on Wikipedia or something even faster and not have to listen to some YouTuber dickhead doing YouTube things for an hour and a half

That's true. That's why I go to imdb and read summaries of movies instead of watching them

You absolute clown

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Surely the only thing worse than watching a YouTube documentary about wrestling is reading a blog about wrestling

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Tampa Bae posted:

idk if I want to sit through hours of Roman Reigns promos when I can just read a 15 minute summary

I've not seen a tribal chief promo but I think it goes something like "acknowledge me, don't make me do this, sufferin' succotash son" *sobs at camera*

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

The video reminded me how terrible Roman's first solo babyface run was. They kept trying to force him to be Cena when even Cena got destroyed trying to be Cena.

I can never forget.

I did forget Roman's huge chompers and bright blue eyes

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

New Day in AEW's trios division would have been a thing of beauty

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Trust. The. STORY

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Namtab posted:

I’m going to be watching, and possibly posting, and I will post with a love of wrestling sports entertainment in my heart

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's OK, I'll be very anti-WWE.

It's not just that the product is bad (it's bad) it's that it's a despicable immoral company to boot. If it was well-meaning but embarrassing you wouldn't see a fraction of the vitriol here

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Namtab posted:

A match is worthless if that one guy doesn't give it 4+ stars

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

The collapsible time keeper area was part of the series between the Shield and Bryan/Kane/+1 in 2013 lol. Reigns kept spearing Kane into it until the last match where Kane dodged it and took out Reigns instead. The last decade of WWE has been built entirely around him and they've lost more viewers in that time then people who still watch but yeah Roman is a giant draw.

Holy poo poo that was 10 years ago

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's just depressing to see him go through the same bullshit WWE always does where they only allow people to be special in their own universe. And it's just boring to see him fight Brock over and over again. It isn't ADR vs. Sheamus yet but man, WWE loves just running the same match constantly..

You say depressing, I say hilarious.

We ALL saw this coming. Either Cody thought he'd be treated specially (lol) or is making huge bank, in which case his booking doesn't matter

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

John Cena is utterly clueless and refuses to believe he is the golden boy of WWE because he almost got fired 20 years ago

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

he knew this would happen and he still chose to go back

oh well, maybe he'll have a heroes return in AEW someday

I honestly think that if Cody went back to AEW, he'd be booed out the building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sorry for whining about the company run by a rapist who treats their not-employees like slaves and the fans like the dummies they are :nyoron: