Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I'm not really into 3d printing as a hobby in itself so I don't know about a lot of the hardware, but I have an ender 3v2 and recommend it because it's still pretty cheap comparatively at $200, everyone has one so your questions have already been asked, and you have to build a pretty good portion of it yourself which is very useful when diagnosing and fixing problems. they're all just machines that poo poo out hot plastic though so really you're mostly just paying for QA and whatever board they stick on there so you'll probably be able to use any alibaba printer with decent reviews (there are millions). if you're going that route I'd get one with an enclosure

sounds good. $200 is a good price point and it sounds like it's really easy to mod and slowly dump another $200-300 in custom parts to make it even better.

what software do people use for making like architectural 3d models? that's probably gunna be my biggest use-case is making 3d sections and models. im good at civil3d but it's kinda janky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Xaris posted:

sounds good. $200 is a good price point and it sounds like it's really easy to mod and slowly dump another $200-300 in custom parts to make it even better.

what software do people use for making like architectural 3d models? that's probably gunna be my biggest use-case is making 3d sections and models. im good at civil3d but it's kinda janky

architectural stuff is outside my wheelhouse but the likely answer is sketchup. If you know cad though I'd go with onshape or maybe like shaper3d? The go-to was fusion360 for a long time but they changed their free tier and there was a lot of grumbling about it -- I think you can still get a free tier but I don't know what the restrictions are. You might also want to check out Plasticity and see if it clicks with you during its free trial phase, which is a more art-oriented cad as opposed to engineering. also there's always blender

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

people are working on a cad addon for blender atm, it’s called cad sketcher. I find it pretty confusing but you can use it to make parametric cad stuff. blender also has a 3d print toolbox as a pre installed addon

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

croup coughfield posted:

don't last out at me because you don't know what the bourgeois hobbies are (yachting, hunting men, loving kids, things of that nature), pal

why dont you bourgeois yourself a car and drive off ab ridge

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
can someone print me a bong

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Necrobama posted:

can someone print me a bong
Just make a gravity bong, they're cool.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why dont you bourgeois yourself a car and drive off ab ridge

there's a place for posts like this one

it's called FYAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

cat botherer posted:

Just make a gravity bong, they're cool.

making bespoke farm2table sobe and Pom juice bottles gravity bongs like it’s 2002 again