Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
I went and saw the new Mario movie. It was pretty good, but not as good as the Lego movie. Chris Pratt was okay, but I would have preferred a heavier Brooklyn accent. Including Donkey Kong was a weird addition, but turned out fine. I really don't understand the criticisms all the critics are having. Did they expect something groundbreaking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

You posted on the wrong account, pencilhands

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sucked on the penis

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Peggy Edson posted:

You posted on the wrong account, pencilhands

Lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I just got home from it and thought it was fine. I'm not a big Nintendo fan so I don't know enough of the true Mario canon to pick it apart while watching it and just enjoyed it for what it is...a children's movie based on a children's video game by the company that specializes in children's video games.

After seeing the Barbie preview, it looks so dumb that I really want to see it.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I just got home from it and thought it was fine. I'm not a big Nintendo fan so I don't know enough of the true Mario canon to pick it apart while watching it and just enjoyed it for what it is...a children's movie based on a children's video game by the company that specializes in children's video games.

After seeing the Barbie preview, it looks so dumb that I really want to see it.

yeah, the Barbie preview looked weird and interesting.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I just came back from the movie too and I quite enjoyed it. The plot was thinner than tracing paper and they crammed way too many references to Mario IP everywhere but I still thought it was a fun romp

Stay for the credits too

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Was it better than The Last Of Us? Debate and/or Discuss.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m going to see it with the kid next week. Seems like some mindless fun, not everything needs to be serious grimdark megaplot.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

EorayMel posted:

Was it better than The Last Of Us? Debate and/or Discuss.

Different kind of movie

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I just came back from the movie too and I quite enjoyed it. The plot was thinner than tracing paper and they crammed way too many references to Mario IP everywhere but I still thought it was a fun romp

Stay for the credits too

are they setting up a Mario Cinematic Universe

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Would you say the nude scenes are done tastefully, or more on the exploitative side of things?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm definitely going to see it, but probably on home media.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Was it better/worse than the Sonic movie?

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Rated M for Mario

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Saw Mario today too. Would recommend.

Better than sonic movie, although Mario is more fun than sonic :shrug:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Knormal posted:

Would you say the nude scenes are done tastefully, or more on the exploitative side of things?

The part where they watch DK masurbate silently for over 5 minutes was a bit much but yes, the rest of it was tasteful.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They torture and kill Mario and don't give Luigi any food so eventually he's so starved he eats Mario's body but it's rotted by then so he just gets dysentery and shits and vomits to death.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They torture and kill Mario and don't give Luigi any food so eventually he's so starved he eats Mario's body but it's rotted by then so he just gets dysentery and shits and vomits to death.

https://youtu.be/Wvh5fFeRX5Q

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Is this in the 4 hour long dream cut? I didn't see that part.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Does Mario gently caress the yoshi?

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Charles Martinet showed up in the English dub of Dragon Ball Super Hero last year as the bad guy Commander Magenta, and he basically did a rougher tough-guy version of the Mario voice the whole time. It was loving spectacular. He could carry a whole Mario movie if they let him. Was Chris Pratt worth the recast?

I'm having trouble finding Super Hero clips on YouTube, but here's a premiere interview with Martinet that's great because oh god what is he wearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34MVYO2egVs

Barbie is probably going to be the best movie of the summer.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So what every pile of poo poo new movie gets a thread now?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They should make a movie about the literal mario brothers 2 game, the freakin weird one. Like what happens if you make that one 3D and cinematic? :thunk:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, how do you use words like "pretty good", "not as good", "okay", and "fine", and then act confused about why the critics are saying it's mediocre, nothing special, and probably not worth seeing unless you're the sort of person who was always going to watch it?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
if you sync a second wiimote at the start of the movie's playback you can unlock 2nd player mode, where you can access control over the sands of time

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

are there any marvel characters in it? i exclusively watch only MCU movies and make it my whole personality

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

istewart posted:

Charles Martinet showed up in the English dub of Dragon Ball Super Hero last year as the bad guy Commander Magenta, and he basically did a rougher tough-guy version of the Mario voice the whole time. It was loving spectacular. He could carry a whole Mario movie if they let him. Was Chris Pratt worth the recast?

I'm having trouble finding Super Hero clips on YouTube, but here's a premiere interview with Martinet that's great because oh god what is he wearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34MVYO2egVs

Barbie is probably going to be the best movie of the summer.

martinets mario voice suck rear end imho. I'd rather snort a turd than watch a whole movie with it. look up a video of him doing mario where he has to say more than just wahoo or itsa me, mario and you'll see how poo poo it is.

they could have chosen better than chris pratt though for sure

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tarkus posted:

The part where they watch DK masurbate silently for over 5 minutes was a bit much but yes, the rest of it was tasteful.
I'm glad to hear it. There's no reason the mushroom should make his clothes grow too, but bursting dong can still be done respectfully.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Nooner posted:

Does Mario gently caress the yoshi?

haven't seen the movie but canonically yoshi's eggs are unfertilized, otherwise it would be abortion, so I'm guessing not

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Tarkus posted:

were there any conebros

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Play posted:

haven't seen the movie but canonically yoshi's eggs are unfertilized, otherwise it would be abortion, so I'm guessing not

Not true because sometimes they hatch like in Super Mario World

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Those are soulless clones, they're legally not alive.

It's why you can casually discard them into lava.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Yoshi's are the mushroom kingdom version of deer. Kill as many as you want, there will always be more.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

are there any marvel characters in it? i exclusively watch only MCU movies and make it my whole personality

it's set before Endgame, so there's a scene where Black Widow tortures a group of goombas for information on where Ludwig von Koopa is

also Hulk fucks Luigi

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

any bowsette in this one?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Su-per Marioooo Marioooo Marioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Chris Pratt? More like Crisp Rat!