Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

it was video game cheat codes probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
"donald duck comics" :)

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
i don't remember my very first, but i remember it wasn't actually searching the web, it was just searching the yahoo index. i was mostly searching for guitar tabs and websites about discordianism in my middle school library

echinopsis posted:

I used to download guitar tabs and get so excited about the great songs i would be able to play

still mad that olga.net got shut down decades ago

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
no

Boody
Aug 15, 2001
Sure it was something on gopher. Desktop backgrounds and guitar tabs were a big thing for people in the computer lab. Downloading and compiling Mosaic as DEC machines didn't have a web browser installed.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

matti posted:

it was video game cheat codes probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004