Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
the whole thing about lotto winners all going bankrupt is pretty much an urban myth btw. not that if it was true it would be a good argument anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Blisster posted:

the whole thing about lotto winners all going bankrupt is pretty much an urban myth btw. not that if it was true it would be a good argument anyway.

it's 100% racism about black people not spending money wisely hth

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I do not argue that slavery was not a terrible crime,

speng31b
May 8, 2010

interesting

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Weka posted:

:wrong:
America has many slaves as provided for in the 13th (devil number?!) amendment, and many of them have living sons.
that's a fair objection to my imprecise language. carceral slavery is of course a thing, and needs its own category for reparations. it would of course be paid out by irish-americans.

Blisster posted:

yeah, from what i can tell, large winnings appears to reduce, then increase, the risk of bankruptcy in the period immediately after winning, the former cancelling out the latter. and for small winnings, the opposite occurs, though the final result is the same. which would seem to imply to me that it actually reduces the risk of bankruptcy, if you make the assumptions that lottery winners belong to a class of people already more vulnerable to bankruptcy - which doesn't seem like a stretch?

but yeah, at most it'd be an argument in favor of reparations being a monthly payment people can plan around, rather than a single lump sum.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
Make this bitch post

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
bump

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Dumb op

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
I'm not paying reparations and lol if anybody thinks reparations will ever ever happen.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Centrist Dad posted:

I'm not paying reparations and lol if anybody thinks reparations will ever ever happen.

gently caress you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AxGrap posted:

gently caress you

he's lit up with the spirit of cspam tonight

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
have fun playing

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

AxGrap posted:

gently caress you

No gently caress you if you like to whine about reparations.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Centrist Dad posted:

There was easily a measurable harm done to people which has generational impact and it is within the power of the state to offer reparations in one form or another and I support that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i would have just said, no gently caress YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Al! posted:

i would have just said, no gently caress YOU

We're tied for best poster rhen

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Centrist Dad posted:

Oh?

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Get his rear end

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Centrist Dad posted:

this guy seems to have a probe about something he said about Jewish people, can a mod post what it is?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

COMMENCE THE INVESTIGATION!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this was a modern day classic thread

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!
centrist dad

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Centrist Dad posted:

I'm going to make you pay reparations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the best reparations would be full communism now imho

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlJdPOkMa9k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
was foley polish?