Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

HELL YEAHHH CHICKAM!!!
This is my favorite time of the year, let's hope it's going to be a bit better then but with just as brave and cute chicks as last year!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

So what does it mean to have a broody mama hen and how would that work if you had one this year? Do you still keep and hatch them in the incubator and move them over to mama later, or is it all mama butt if one is involved? So would we see a lot of mama butt right now if you had one?
Also, how do you know a mama hen feels like ready to be a mama, what's different about them vs those who want to focus on their career and have enough problems already as it is, so they don't have the financial stability to become a mommy and rather stay alone?

Are there advantages or disadvantages about having a mama hen vs not having one? I assume in nature this couldn't happen/would mean no chicks at all, even though I'm aware chicks are domesticated so their brooding and reproduction cycle is probably a bit altered compared to the wild original hot chicks and fluffy cocks :geoduck:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Sorry I couldn't be up to date for a while, what's the situation, how are the chicks, who did we lose if anyone and how baby are the chickams still??? Last time I could check we still had two struggling to leave the egg house

edit oh my god they look like they're in full let's annoy everyone puberty already, magical chicks they grow up so fast

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I wonder what the chicks would say when they'd be told they are internet celebrities!

Probably something along the lines of peep peep but I can't speak for them

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

City of Glompton posted:

more chicks more chicks more MORE CHICKS!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

More chicks equals more fun equals chicks, so chicks are infinite is what I'm saying

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It feels like these guys are in a constant party mode

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/rhsOHNp.mp4
NO ONE EXPECTS THE HENNISH INQUISITION!

lol videos and clips taken out of the stream like this are what I love the most about chickam, it's perfect

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Looking at the stream every day I'm quite sure all of them are musical geniuses. At least compared to us low humans, they are amazing

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I just can't believe we are having two chickam super events with all the baby birbs in one year, we don't deserve this, you're spoiling us

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Had to do it, it's our 15th year of Chickam! :v:

You know goons will want three batches at some point!! We can't get enough of the babbies, we will never!!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I am SO excited to finally see mama hen going on on the action and see how she's doing it! Finally I get to see it live!! :allears:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Finally I was able to watch the entire hatching process on 17!! Always only could see it partially before, 17 you're now officially my baby :haibrower:
Such a cutie

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Well, we gave it our best shot and tried 6 or 7 different broody hens, but they all had the universal reaction of seeing chicks, knowing THEY didn't hatch them, and then afraid mama was gonna show up and whup 'em. That's the problem with trying to do this during the day.
In the dark of night, the hen sits down, you slip the chicks under her, they all sleep--and by morning, they are hers. MUCH easier.
Trying to do this during the day is an uphill battle all the way.

I just want to imagine what goes in their heads at that time.
"Oh oh oh I want to be mommy oh oh look at these precious babies they're so cute... Can I... Can I brood them a bit? Can I... No better not, mama will be mad.. A bit maybe?? Oh they're so cute, aaaaaa the struggle"

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Love the pics and vids, LOL

The chicks have discovered that they all fit inside the brick that the cam is clamped to. I think this batch hands-down wins the contest of 'Who Can Be Out Of Frame The Most?'

Hey, new chick pics!
https://jackshenhouse.blogspot.com/2023/05/chickam-round-two-chicks.html

They are so insanely creative and inventive when it comes to bug us, the goons that never deserved their cuteness and sacred presence

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 17, 2023

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It's a chicken spree!!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Cao is gonna break into your house and steal so many thingsy just to show them off in the chicken house in the very near future :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It's such a miracle to witness their growth from picking the first hole in the shell up to beyond these puberty rascal modes they're in now and even more so, witnessing it TWICE!! :allears: