Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when your pizza is no longer using a tomato-based sauce, it is no longer pizza. at that point it is simply a delicious flatbread

no ketchup doesn't count and you're a monster for even considering the question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
coincidentally ive been reading the garfieldeats thread and was greatly distressed to find that nathen lied about locally sourcing canadian pineapples

the very shame of it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Achmed Jones posted:

when your pizza is no longer using a tomato-based sauce, it is no longer pizza. at that point it is simply a delicious flatbread

:rolleye:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I ate white pizza in actual italy, it was delicious

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

oh blow it out your rear end

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

what is happening in this post

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

semi-arbitrarily going no-true-pizza on things i don't like for funsies. you might be able to convince me it's a color thing instead of a tomato thing though

sorry y'all i don't make the pizza rules. i just enforce them. it's an odd calling but here we are.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nudgenudgetilt posted:

what's rude is ruining a perfectly good taco with pineapple

who the gently caress would do this

President Beep posted:

those were protesters, duder.

:hmmyes:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

semi-arbitrarily going no-true-pizza on things i don't like for funsies. you might be able to convince me it's a color thing instead of a tomato thing though

sorry y'all i don't make the pizza rules. i just enforce them. it's an odd calling but here we are.

those aren't the pizza rules. what you posted was arrant heterodoxy. you can't just discriminate against a pizza based on the color of its sauce. u pizza racist

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

no one try convincing him. funnier to let him keep midwest pizza worldview on purpose, as a joke

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
pizza is a land of contrasts. you see red sauce, you figure it's pizza. but then you see pineapple. not pizza!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

DELETE CASCADE posted:

pizza is a land of contrasts. you see red sauce, you figure it's pizza. but then you see pineapple. not pizza!

agreed. it’s a real minefield out there. stay safe goons.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ok aj here's your win. the fact that people call non-tomato sauce based pizza "white pizza" and tomato sauce based pizza "pizza" is kind of an ipso facto in your favor

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

ok aj here's your win. the fact that people call non-tomato sauce based pizza "white pizza" and tomato sauce based pizza "pizza" is kind of an ipso facto in your favor

just because people call some rectangles squares doesn’t mean that squares aren’t, in fact, rectangles

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
vodka pizza is still a tomato based sauce but it's not the same color

and its still delicious

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

the worlds best pizza has no red sauce.

pesto, harlic, chicken, spinach, pine nuts

it is sold as the nutty chicken at fralo's pizza in boerne, tx

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah that sounds nuts to me!!!

i've never had a vodka sauce pizza but would like to try it. i would probably enjoy it very much.

get your alfredo sauce and chicken bacon ranch bullshit outta here though!!!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i cant imagine pine nuts on pizza being good

nutty indeed

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

pesto, motherfucker

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Achmed Jones posted:

i've never had a vodka sauce pizza but would like to try it. i would probably enjoy it very much.

it's probably my favorite but you gotta find a place that has really good sauce. otherwise their regular pizza is usually superior

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

nudgenudgetilt posted:

pesto, motherfucker

pesto is great, its the pine nuts i'm not so sure about

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

my mothers favourite pizza used ranch as the pre-bake pizza sauce

blehg

i make and freeze big batches of mole so sometimes ill do mole poblano for the sauce then pulled chicken, red onion, jalapenos and like asadero or something for the cheese. maybe with some cilantro and lime post bake

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

what

pine nuts are delicious, they're toasty and lovely. pesto is full of cheese anyway, a pesto pizza is all the same types of ingredients as a bowl of pesto pasta just in a different format

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Beeftweeter posted:

little crunchy bits sprinkled about? it’s delicious.

never had chicken on a pizza that wasn’t dry as sawdust though. not a fan

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
well next time i see a pine nut pesto pizza i will try it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

thats true too. its usually more like turkey :barf:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

drat vodka sauce pizza is a good idea :thunk:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post hole digger posted:

drat vodka sauce pizza is a good idea :thunk:

It's good

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i'm not gonna straight up say this sucks because it sounds kinda good. but i must protest: nothing even resembling the world's best pizza can be found within a 1000 mile radius of boerne, tx

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

Beeftweeter posted:

well next time i see a pine nut pesto pizza i will try it

pesto is pine nuts & basil u dummy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

pesto is pine nuts & basil u dummy

are they not also separate on the pizza?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i'm not gonna straight up say this sucks because it sounds kinda good. but i must protest: nothing even resembling the world's best pizza can be found within a 1000 mile radius of boerne, tx

:hmmyes:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

ya most places put over cooked chicken breasts on a pizza without enough sauce so the oven just destroys it

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
I wish pesto didn't make my throat swell up but at least pine nuts are probably the easiest of the nuts to avoid day to day

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

InternetOfTwinks posted:

I wish pesto didn't make my throat swell up but at least pine nuts are probably the easiest of the nuts to avoid day to day

all you allergic to all nuts, all tree nuts, or just pine nuts

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

somehow just pine nuts would be worse than either of those other two

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Just pine nuts as far as I can tell, not like life threatening levels of reaction at least but super annoying when it does come up.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
are water chestnuts nuts

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

are water chestnuts nuts

only when they're on your chin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i walk around with water chestnuts in my cheeks on my chin