Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Metal Gear Solid 3DS was only worth it with a hacked New 3DS and utilizing the extra clock speed, which made it far more playable

Loved my 3DS. I took it with me on several trips internationally, including Japan, so my street pass has a ridiculous number of places represented. I'm still bummed the Switch didn't get a similar feature.

Having backwards compatibility with DS games was great too, I was able to play through those Dragon Quest ports and it was the first time I beat DQV which is just an incredible game. The first time I ever played and beat Xenoblade Chronicles was also on it and having such a big jrpg on-the-go was cool. Didn't have any interest in the others in the series because I preferred the visual design of the original versus the sequels and remaster, and I have such good memories traveling with that first game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I always appreciate how durable Nintendo consoles are in general, but I'm especially appreciative of the 3DS's now as I'm sure my daughters are going to be playing it as they get older. It will be nice to give them something of their own without worrying about it immediately falling apart.