Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ferrari seems to be getting a collective "yeah, ok" from critics and audiences. 3/4 of critic reviews on rotten tomatos are positive. 36 million worldwide theatrical rake makes it a financial bomb but idk what they expected spending a hundred million on a biopic about a famously wooden and uncharismatic italian businessman who made niche products for nerdy men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

B-Rock452 posted:

It's his next movie apparently. There have been rumors about Timothee Chalamet playing the young version of Al Pacino's character

imdb has an entry for it, which probably doesn't mean much, and it has adam driver rumored as young neil

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

thathonkey posted:

and it has adam driver rumored as young neil
boooo

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

thathonkey posted:

imdb has an entry for it, which probably doesn't mean much, and it has adam driver rumored as young neil

The big question for me is who plays Chris. Kilmer just killed it in that role and the the book really focuses on him especially in the 2nd half

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
maybe the guy from the bear

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

thathonkey posted:

maybe the guy from the bear

that's a good choice, he's a great actor

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

mysterious frankie posted:

Doesn’t he plan on making a film adaptation of Heat 2? I got it in my head that he was, and so I was gonna wait and see the movie version first.

I did not know this and now I am so hype for it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I hope it's called Heat 2: Hot

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'

deep dish peat moss posted:

I hope it's called Heat 2: Hot

Can we get a prequel to Collateral titled ‘Collateral 2: Down Payment’ ?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Heater

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

2Heat2Hot

e: gently caress

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Heat 2: A prequel with Val Kilmer in a shitload of makeup and even more CGI

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Heat 2: A prequel with Val Kilmer in a shitload of makeup and even more CGI

Val Kilmer reloading the batteries on his text to speech generator during the shootout in “Heat 2”.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i just watched the killer and yeah that was pretty dope. i like how he seems to have come to terms with his age and the need for retirement, what with the monologues about his rules as he's breaking them, the monologues getting interrupted by blows to the head, and the final monologue where he refers to himself as "one of the many". neat stuff

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I dunno op, I just watched this for the first time after seeung the hype and thought it was average to slightly lame. Seems like pretty much a bog standard cops and robbers story with some thinly developed love stories thrown in. Felt very 90s, but not in a good way :shrug:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

I dunno op, I just watched this for the first time after seeung the hype and thought it was average to slightly lame. Seems like pretty much a bog standard cops and robbers story with some thinly developed love stories thrown in. Felt very 90s, but not in a good way :shrug:

what's your recommendation for an above average to slightly awesome , unusual cops and robbers story with some richly developed love stories, that feels very fresh, in a good way

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Preferably one where they show a great rear end instead of just talking about it.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Always a shame to meet someone who's a 5 on the "Able to conceptualize Heat" chart

roomtwofifteen fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 8, 2024

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Cactus Ghost posted:

what's your recommendation for an above average to slightly awesome , unusual cops and robbers story with some richly developed love stories, that feels very fresh, in a good way

i don't agree with that poster because i love Heat, but that said i would say Inside Man is an example of a more fresh and modern feeling cops and robbers story. even tho its 20 years old at this point. and it didn't have any elements of a love story at all.

the most recent cops and robbers movie i saw was Hell or High Water which was very good but i wouldn't call it "fresh" because in many ways its a traditional western just with a more current setting

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

inside man and hell or high water are both pretty dope

the place beyond the pines is almost like binging a three-episode anthology miniseries, it has such sharp divides between acts, but its a good watch as long as you dont mind some ennui and some meditations on fatherhood and generational trauma

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Oh yeah Hell or High Water owned, and got me to look up more Ben Foster movies. The Messenger is outstanding (especially the Buscemi scene) & Leave No Trace should have gotten Oscars.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Cactus Ghost posted:

Dog day afternoon

I don't think I care much for old al Pacino, maybe that's all

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What was with all of the random stuff in this movie?

Oh no, the scary bad guy is also a serial killer of prostitutes! Oh, that never comes up again.

We meet some guy trying to hold down a job in a diner. Oh he happens to already know deniro and dies right away in a shoot out with no further character development.

Pacino is trying to do right by his step daughter, with whom he interacts in only one scene. Oh no, she tries to kill herself in his apartment, for reasons never explained or returned to. How did she even know where he was or get there? He had just moved out and into a motel

Deniro and a random artist woman instantly fall for each other. This makes sense because she's "seen him in the store before"...?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Thesaurus posted:

Oh no, the scary bad guy is also a serial killer of prostitutes! Oh, that never comes up again.

We meet some guy trying to hold down a job in a diner. Oh he happens to already know deniro and dies right away in a shoot out with no further character development.

Pacino is trying to do right by his step daughter, with whom he interacts in only one scene. Oh no, she tries to kill herself in his apartment, for reasons never explained or returned to. How did she even know where he was or get there? He had just moved out and into a motel

Deniro and a random artist woman instantly fall for each other. This makes sense because she's "seen him in the store before"...?

Media literacy is dead.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

How can you like shouty, crazy ,old Pacino, when soft-spoken, sensitive, charming young Pacino is right there??

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

How can you like shouty, crazy ,old Pacino, when soft-spoken, sensitive, charming young Pacino is right there??

It's not either-or.

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
Genuinely has some of the best gun sounds in cinema next to Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Aliensandwich posted:

Genuinely has some of the best gun sounds in cinema next to Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down.

it does, but also holy poo poo is that an embarassing thing to state out loud in mixed company. hey ladies, dating me ups your risk of getting murdered! wanna come over and hold my guns while i jack off and cry

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Putting out a recommendation for The Way of the Gun for kick rear end shootout scenes.

https://youtu.be/vAvVMTbUKCA?si=Nsm4VGOJirwVMbBa

https://youtu.be/zRAR9kvjDzE?si=Nz0xITLWterbZOlS

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Thesaurus posted:

Did you actually watch the movie, or did you just have it on in the background while washing dishes or something

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Did you actually watch the movie, or did you just have it on in the background while washing dishes or something

Lol

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Putting out a recommendation for The Way of the Gun for kick rear end shootout scenes.

https://youtu.be/vAvVMTbUKCA?si=Nsm4VGOJirwVMbBa

https://youtu.be/zRAR9kvjDzE?si=Nz0xITLWterbZOlS

The loving well scene is to this day one of the most viscerally unpleasant movie moments ever for me. Usually I've got no trouble with even pretty extreme gore in movies, but that one always gets me. :gonk:

Movie owns though, I kinda love the decision of casting the final hit squad as a bunch of old farts in polos and windbreakers.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Thesaurus posted:

Do me a favour Slick: stop posting

Sarah Silverman’s on-screen debut is why I won’t show anyone that movie until they’ve known me for at least a few months.

Aliensandwich posted:

The Town’s Fenway shootout comes close.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 9, 2024

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
movies are not tv shows they cant have hour long filler episodes to flesh out every minor characters detailed history with the mains you have to do a bit of work for yourself

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Perestroika posted:

The loving well scene is to this day one of the most viscerally unpleasant movie moments ever for me. Usually I've got no trouble with even pretty extreme gore in movies, but that one always gets me. :gonk:

Movie owns though, I kinda love the decision of casting the final hit squad as a bunch of old farts in polos and windbreakers.

"The one thing you know for sure about an old man is, he's a survivor."

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

B-Rock452 posted:

Hot take, the Miami Vice movie is way better than people remember. The end shootout rules

I never (willingly) watched Miami Vice the TV Show when I was a kid, maybe in the background, but the movie felt like they were doing callbacks to things in the TV show I couldn't care less about and that alone made it feel like it wasn't standing on its own merits

Maybe for MV fans it was better

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i never watched the tv show either but i thought the movie was pretty good. not as good as heat or collateral, but still enjoyed it a lot

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Yeah that seems uh realistic? I’m pretty sure I would also drat near puke if I had to pull a ~3 inch piece of glass out of my arm.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I regret that I watched every minute.

I see that nobody has addressed any of my observations. I guess I just have to trust that it's an excellent movie and then reason backwards from there? Hang it up, heatailures

I also liked the part where 500 cops are shooting at three guys standing in the middle of the street. But deniro somehow fights them off literally single handedly while carrying his wounded friend to safety

I guess it was all worth it for the realistic gun noises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

deniro and kilmer are white