Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Me reloading my burritos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Holy poo poo, I'd never watched HEAT besides a few clips here and there, decided to change that

hot poo poo on a stick, what a great movie! I'm a bit past the coffee scene and such, I had to take a break because of the suspense, good stuff! this director can build up the stress

I remember the coffee scene where the two guys meet, probably watched the clip on youtube, and I was very much "meh"... but in context of everything that goes on before, it's really fukn great

Movie seems to have been made about right before Al Pacino decided to go full ham on every role, so he's still mostly good actin', but with a lot of AL PACINO SHOUTING moments

great great stuff. I hear there's a shootout with Val Kilmer coming, so I'm guessing where things are going

So yeah, movie absolutely holds up in 2023 imo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

B-Rock452 posted:

Hot take, the Miami Vice movie is way better than people remember. The end shootout rules

I never (willingly) watched Miami Vice the TV Show when I was a kid, maybe in the background, but the movie felt like they were doing callbacks to things in the TV show I couldn't care less about and that alone made it feel like it wasn't standing on its own merits

Maybe for MV fans it was better

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Thesaurus posted:

Deniro and a random artist woman instantly fall for each other. This makes sense because she's "seen him in the store before"...?

I don't agree with your other complaints (maybe we watched different cuts?) but this one made my eyes roll back hard while watching the movie. Gee, who can resist a quiet, chubby, very private 51 year old in a bar, studying metallurgy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

80's To Catch A Predator is like "Why don't u have a seat over here, let's do coke together for a bit"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

I beg everyone to watch that documentary about that movie. Stars intentionally sabotaging the movie for kicks, a former director placing curses on the production from the woods nearby, actors being held hostage by their contracts and threats of legal action, it’s got it all!

Any idea what's it called? sounds hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Cheers buddy, gonna watch it asap :cheers: