Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Did you fall for it? Are you here to teach me? LOL! L!O!L!O!LLLLLLAAAWWWL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Someone is smoking some powerful saturday night ganja

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Everybody lies...

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
look if we're going UK style, I'd rather have a huge lorry than Hugh Laurie

can't very well haul tomato crates in the latter

Sex Farm posted:

Everybody lies...

I have never lied to you. I have only operated in good faith. Why won't you return my calls

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Duck and Cover posted:

Did you fall for it? Are you here to teach me? LOL! L!O!L!O!LLLLLLAAAWWWL.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

After a career of playing a toft dipshit it was only fair to get to play a dickhole.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Dr House is a terrible doctor, and all his patients end up bankrupt due to his performing ten things on them before the cure is found.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I thought House was sexy. When I found out Hugh Laurie was British I could barely contain myself. High schoolers have horrible taste

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
House was just copaganda but for doctors.

The whole show was just variations of, "Sure, he's a grossly unethical medical practitioner, but dammit he gets results!"

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
House was great gently caress u

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
House had people's lives in his hands and he saved them. As much of a dick as he was, he clearly cared about people enough to at least extend their lives.

Did they ever have the plot point of the prisoner having to have medical care even though they just killed a bunch of people or whatever? I can't remember which medical shows did that. It's an interesting ethical dilemma, if someone is dying but they are actually a horrible person who will possibly continue to hurt others is it even right to save them? Is health care/extension of life a basic human right or a privilege?

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Dixville posted:

House had people's lives in his hands and he saved them. As much of a dick as he was, he clearly cared about people enough to at least extend their lives.

Did they ever have the plot point of the prisoner having to have medical care even though they just killed a bunch of people or whatever? I can't remember which medical shows did that. It's an interesting ethical dilemma, if someone is dying but they are actually a horrible person who will possibly continue to hurt others is it even right to save them? Is health care/extension of life a basic human right or a privilege?

there was one episode where james earl jones was a dictator and chase killed him

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

freemandela posted:

there was one episode where james earl jones was a dictator and chase killed him

Oh that's right. I remember that now. I wonder which show I'm thinking of that had a guy that just shot up a school or something.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Did you know the ship captain in Avenue 5 is also British? It's true but you might not know this. I can't confirm it because I don't have HBO plus anymore.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Did you know the ship captain in Avenue 5 is also British? It's true but you might not know this. I can't confirm it because I don't have HBO plus anymore.

Did you know you can download the show Avenue 5? It's true. I would never do such a thing though. It would never take up space on my NAS. No not ever.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 9, 2023

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Hey remember that episode where a guy with minimal health insurance had complicated surgery done despite their express wishes? Remember how Cuddy was portrayed as the episode's hero for refusing to undercharge the guy and threatening him with bankruptcy?

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
House is terrible, I don’t think they dropped a single helicopter on a doctor

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Generals gathered in their masses, just like bitches with fat asses

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like the episode where they think it is something simple but then Dr house says it's not something simple and is mean to everyone and then they don't listen to him and treat the simple thing but the problem gets worse (!) and then Dr house figures it out in the end and saves the day

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Nooner posted:

I like the episode where they think it is something simple but then Dr house says it's not something simple and is mean to everyone and then they don't listen to him and treat the simple thing but the problem gets worse (!) and then Dr house figures it out in the end and saves the day

That never happened.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was hoping there'd be a YouTube video so I could see for myself.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Remember when Harold and Kumar was one of the doctors but then he wanted to go work for Obama so they made his character pwn himself? that was p savage

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Nooner posted:

Remember when Harold and Kumar was one of the doctors but then he wanted to go work for Obama so they made his character pwn himself? that was p savage

Hey look at Nooner making stuff up again! You can't gaslight me NOONER! Doctor House is about a house that solves crime and is a doctor. Everyone knows that.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 10, 2023

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Dixville posted:

Oh that's right. I remember that now. I wonder which show I'm thinking of that had a guy that just shot up a school or something.

It could be this episode, maybe? https://house.fandom.com/wiki/Acceptance

About a death-row inmate with adrenal gland problems.

Edit:

quote:

House: "Good question. What makes a person deserving? Is a man who cheats on his wife more deserving than a man who kills his wife?"
Foreman: "Yeah, actually, he is."
House: "What about a child molester? Certainly not a good guy, but he didn't kill anybody. Maybe he can get antibiotics, but no MRIs. What medical care should you be denied for being a car thief? Tell ya what, the three of you work on a list - what medical treatments a person loses based on the crime they committed. I'll review it when I get back."

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Of course Doctor House has a British accent, aren't they up to like fifteen of them or something?

The episode where they had a patient who was dying and then he says nonsense and it turns out it's nanobots or something and like three people no one gives a poo poo about dies but he saves the patient then ODs on morphine or something.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-PrsSA7EUo

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyHSjv9gxlE

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Actually he's French, OP.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Duck and Cover posted:

Hey look at Nooner making stuff up again! You can't gaslight me NOONER! Doctor House is about a house that solves crime and is a doctor. Everyone knows that.

Nuh uh he's right it was kumar

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_R8QBeYvs

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

From Jeeves and Wooster, a fantastic series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeeves_and_Wooster

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, it's great. Wodehouse's stories are generally pretty fun.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Zeniel posted:

House was just copaganda but for doctors.

The whole show was just variations of, "Sure, he's a grossly unethical medical practitioner, but dammit he gets results!"

i fuckin wish any doctor was as dedicated to finding and treating an actual health problem as house md is. if they don't find something obvious right away they actually just tell you you're faking and gently caress off :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Re watched season 1 and wow a lot happens in that show. Like remember Vogler, the evil CEO? I remembered him as a big bad, but actually he shows up in the middle of season 1 for a handful of episodes. Season just goes on forever.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dixville posted:

Nuh uh he's right it was kumar

A castle is not a house. Anyway the house solves crimes and makes witty banter while doing so.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Nathan Fillmein daddy more like, heh.

Could you imagine if they rebooted House, Castle, Bones, all that schlock? They would 100% make it a "Cinematic Universe" and you'd get references to each other. "Ah yes Mr Castle what a conundrum, luckily I know a doctor man. Hello, Mr House MD? We have a pickle!" Cue crossover episode.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Turpitude II posted:

i fuckin wish any doctor was as dedicated to finding and treating an actual health problem as house md is. if they don't find something obvious right away they actually just tell you you're faking and gently caress off :shrug:

I mean sure, but having a dr whose catch phrase was "everyone lies", treats most patients with contempt and is grossly unethical really tilts that all out of whack.

I mean having dealt with enough condescension, worthless gps and having family die to medical incompetence is probably clouding my judgement a bit, but having a dedicated but otherwise rubbish doctor is just like a cop show where they break laws and are total fucksticks but still catch the crooks at the end.

I mean there were other problematic things about House too but poo poo that all medical dramas do poorly like drs doing poo poo they arent trained to do, like administer treatments, thats nurses and technians work.
Id recall other crap but its been ages since ive watched it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

HAmbONE posted:

House is terrible, I don’t think they dropped a single helicopter on a doctor

I understood this reference, Rocket

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zeniel posted:

I mean sure, but having a dr whose catch phrase was "everyone lies", treats most patients with contempt and is grossly unethical really tilts that all out of whack.

I mean having dealt with enough condescension, worthless gps and having family die to medical incompetence is probably clouding my judgement a bit, but having a dedicated but otherwise rubbish doctor is just like a cop show where they break laws and are total fucksticks but still catch the crooks at the end.

I mean there were other problematic things about House too but poo poo that all medical dramas do poorly like drs doing poo poo they arent trained to do, like administer treatments, thats nurses and technians work.
Id recall other crap but its been ages since ive watched it.

I like that he has 3 fully qualified doctors working under him, and they spend most of their time running lab tests. Where does the MRI technician go every time they take over the MRI room?

Where are all the lab techs that ought to work in the lab? These chuckleheads are in there all the time taking over the microscopes and stuff. Do they have a fully kitted out lab capable of running literally every possible test that just sits empty all week waiting for House to have a bunch of stat tests that need to be done immediately?

This is a very poorly run department IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
uh, Doogie Houser MD was not British, OP