Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

doctor hoose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

He's English not Scottish

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

yeah i know

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Facebook Aunt posted:

I like that he has 3 fully qualified doctors working under him, and they spend most of their time running lab tests. Where does the MRI technician go every time they take over the MRI room?

Where are all the lab techs that ought to work in the lab? These chuckleheads are in there all the time taking over the microscopes and stuff. Do they have a fully kitted out lab capable of running literally every possible test that just sits empty all week waiting for House to have a bunch of stat tests that need to be done immediately?

This is a very poorly run department IMO.

Bones did a better job with lab analysis, depicting stuff I saw in R1 materials science laboratories, but they also had a ludicrously thin staff (of models)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

He's English not Scottish

Uhhh no he's American he likes monster trucks.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Photex posted:

I understood this reference, Rocket

:hfive:

Never watched ER on tv, binged during the pandemic. I made it to John Leguizamo and they broke me.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Where are all the lab techs that ought to work in the lab? These chuckleheads are in there all the time taking over the microscopes and stuff. Do they have a fully kitted out lab capable of running literally every possible test that just sits empty all week waiting for House to have a bunch of stat tests that need to be done immediately?

my perception as a foreigner of American healthcare is that it's incredibly wasteful and run for the benefit of extremely rich people for whom money is no object. so you could tell me that's how top end US hospitals actually work and I would probably believe you.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
How are Hospital dramas even a thing in the US?
Like is just watching people being able to get decent healthcare seem about as good as the real thing?

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Zeniel posted:

Like is just watching people being able to get decent healthcare seem about as good as the real thing?

it's just a detective show

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Nathan Fillmein daddy more like, heh.

Could you imagine if they rebooted House, Castle, Bones, all that schlock? They would 100% make it a "Cinematic Universe" and you'd get references to each other. "Ah yes Mr Castle what a conundrum, luckily I know a doctor man. Hello, Mr House MD? We have a pickle!" Cue crossover episode.

i liked the law and order/homicide crossovers

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
So how did the show end, anyway? Did the house get better?

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

So how did the show end, anyway? Did the house get better?

If I recall correctly he loses his medical licence switches from vicodin to heroin and then escapes a burning building after the guys he was shooting up with ODs.

Uses his charred corpse to fake his own death so he can go on a cross country motorcycle trip with his best friend who's dying of cancer.

They may or may not have entered a suicide pact, cant remember I wad very checked out by the last season.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

House was always harassing Cuddy over her cleavage and big rear end, but upon further inspection, she was skinny and had no rear end.

Other than that the show was good.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zeniel posted:

It's aspirational.

See, this is how medical care is if you have top tier insurance and can get into one of the best hospitals in the country. Only a tiny portion of Americans get care like this, but in a country with socialized medicine nobody gets care like this. USA! USA!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Well actually, OP, the actor that plays doctor House is in fact a British man.

Glad I could be of help to you.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Zeniel posted:

Medical mysteries, gawking at freaky accidents, and in the case of greys anatomy everyone fucks each other i think (I don't watch Grey's anatomy)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://i.imgur.com/lcusSFV.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Why do people like posting spoilers?