Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Detective posted:

I'm a relatively old trans woman and got caught so off guard by that bit of dialogue that it almost made me cry. That situation is so familiar to me, I'm going to be so loving embarrassed about how much it hit me if it ends up being written as a body swap thing.
manga spoilers: its somewhat a bodyswap thing but its using the bodyswap thing as a metaphor for Gender, its clearly not unintentional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if fluffdaddy's read the manga then i think that probe is spoilers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the anime shows a lot less of it/has less screentime devoted to the actual act compared to the manga due to broadcasting standards (and probably a directorial decision) so thats also a factor

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its possible it gets a s2, it seems to be doing decently and the manga sales seem to have picked up. that said if you like the anime the manga is very much worth a read.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think its about that, so much as a way of showing that kiruko's idealized version of the past is truly dead and gone, and was never as good as they thought it was to begin with. robin always had that in him.

im sort of mixed on it, i get that it needed to be a shocking moment for thematic reasons and i dont think it was handled terribly (outside of the limitations of needing to end the anime in the next ep so they have to play a jaunty ed that shows the adventure continuing) but i dont think it was handled perfectly either. at the same time, idk, speaking as a survivor myself ive gotten a lot out of similarly messy executions of this stuff.

i dont think its done great and i get criticism of it but at the same time im pretty against the idea that like, if you have criticism of it that means it shouldnt have happened in the story period.