Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ngl if i could have an iphone with phys keys and a scroll ball or dial i’d be all over it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

akadajet posted:

I don't think I've ever touched a palm device. My tv uses webOS but don't think that counts.

and my webos device has hp on the back so it doesn't either

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i have a soft spot for sailfish

but webos was so good at the time, i feel like a number of concepts it introduced are fairly common today

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

man i wonder what nokia phones would be like today if they'd managed to avoid microsoft's acquisition

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

webos ad appreciation station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Y3zasKbb0

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i liked meego, i think it could have gone places. they were partnered with intel on that so i assume there would have been potential for getting a standardized meego experience across phones from various manufacturers but i don’t rightly know. also i never had to do any kind of dev with it so idk if it was a shitshow there or not

but that’s okay we got…tizen…instead

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

jony neuemonic posted:

maybe that’s the joke, but isn’t that exactly what nokia is now?

does nokia have any input at all into phones anymore even or is it just like atari and polaroid in that way (at least part of nokia is extant)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

did you like meego as a user or in theory? because i find the latter more likely by far. the hardware was kind of cool, but the software had little other than open source creds to recommend it.

mostly the latter, i’m probably mixing it up with positive maemo thoughts of the Internet Communicator