Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

SO DEMANDING posted:

I've honestly never been fully happy with anything PIM-wise after my treo 650.

if they had avoided Microsoft entirely (including releasing any winpho devices)...probably nothing special tbh. symbian was dead and I can't imagine meego getting enough traction to even be a 4th-tier also-ran. so if they had managed to stick around today, I'd expect just another brand of featureless slabs running android.

:rip: unique phones with character

maybe that’s the joke, but isn’t that exactly what nokia is now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

mediaphage posted:

does nokia have any input at all into phones anymore even or is it just like atari and polaroid in that way (at least part of nokia is extant)

I want to say some group connected to old nokia bought the name back but tbh I haven’t looked into it that deeply