Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

peak palm for me was when i had a clie that bluetooth tethered to my se t610. had ssh, aim, a lovely browser all at my fingertips anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

mediaphage posted:

i have a soft spot for sailfish

but webos was so good at the time, i feel like a number of concepts it introduced are fairly common today

i ran sfos on an xa2 until i lost my phone and couldn't replace it for a reasonable price. rock solid experience

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

rotor posted:

the card metaphor was great, and the synergy thing they had that handled things like contacts, image hosts, social media shares and things like that as pluggable services was loving fantastic.

telepathy was poised to be so loving cool

then the shift from protocols to platforms happened

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

rotor posted:

im not familiar with this

telepathy was the messaging/social/telephony framework under all the nokia linux devices, webos phones, kde today, and at one point gnome desktop.

https://telepathy.freedesktop.org/about/

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

such a reasonably sized device

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

finally read through it a bit. i had no clue that palm never moved to native arm. wild that everything ran on a 68k emu

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

centro was fine, but by that point symbian wasn't completely terrible from a user perspective

i think i went from a centro to an e72 -- now that's a phone i miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

graph posted:

you mean like open sores ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44